A Catered Event Reviews

28 | Big Lake, MN

28 Reviews for A Catered Event

Madison · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Day {and food} Ever!

They made our wedding dreams come true! Guests have reached out to us to compliment the food and desserts served on our big day. All the credit to Kevin and his staff at A Catered Event! Will recommend them for every type of event!!!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Ashley · Married on 01/05/2019

Excellent service

Delicious food, reasonable prices and very flexible to what I wanted!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Aubrey · Married on 05/30/2015

A Catered Event is the way to go for catering! They are professional, good quality, and reasonably priced. They really did a great job on our wedding day to make sure everything was organized and where it needed to be. The food was awesome and so were the caterers! It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Michelle · Married on 02/14/2015

The food was AWESOME!! It was our #1 complement of our wedding. People could NOT get enough of the food and they catered to our head table! They were like ninjas making sure everyone at the wedding party was ready for their next plate and asking if they wanted seconds! They made sure that all of our needs were met and they were quick on passing out the plates. Everyone was very friendly and they even packaged the groom and I a to go box because they realized we didn't get to eat much due to the festivities. :) They are VERY reasonable for what they offered and I would recommend them to anyone that needs to be catered for anything!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Kevin and his staff were amazing. The food was remarkable and I'm still getting comments from my guests on how great everything tasted! Hands down best wedding food I've had yet! They were also very accommodating with the fact that I had two vegetarians and two different severe food allergies amongst my guests.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Pam · Married on 10/20/2012

Absolutely delicious!! Guests at our wedding reception are still raving about how wonderful the food was!! Kevin and his team are fantastic to work with!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Andrew · Married on 10/22/2011

A Catered Event catered our wedding off site at a church fellowship hall in Shakopee, MN. The food was beyond excellent and their service was the same.

"The best wedding food I've ever had" - this is one of the many, positive comments from our wedding guests. The taste test we had beforehand is what sold us. We had prime rib and harvest chicken with a vegetable medley. Also, their punch is unique and fantastic.

They took the time to check the site out in the weeks leading to our wedding, gave professional and accurate quotes on costs, and allowed for enough food for those that wanted second helpings (given the taste, a common occurrence). We did a buffet style serving and A Catered Event efficiently guided the wedding table and guests to perfection.

The quality of the look and feel of their table and serving setup was well above our expectations. Also, they worked extra hard on bringing the cakes in the kitchen, cutting them and bringing them back as we had a cake at each table.

We found the travel cost for them to come to our location was minimal. Sometimes wedding cost can soar with little of no sense of value, with A Catered Event we feel like we got our money's worth and then some! We would absolutely recommend A Catered Event to anyone planning a marriage in the Twin Cities and outlying areas!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Bridget · Married on 05/07/2011

Kevin (owner) was very happy to cater to our tastes. He is very creative and helped us create the look we were going for. He was willing to meet with us after work to go over details. They had multiple books with pictures of examples that they can do which made it all the more fun to pick out our meal. The food was amazing and I got two comments at a much later date from family members when reminiscing about the many weddings of the year. My cousin said, "The wild rice chicken was the bomb!" and my aunt said that "nothing could beat the perfectly cooked asparagus." I couldn't agree more. Plus my husband and I had a very special (and very small) homemade cake for the two of us due to very strict dietary restrictions and Kevin was happy to help us with the icing and made it look professional. Another bonus was the prices for a buffet meal were very reasonable compared to some others we looked into.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Jamie · Married on 01/01/2011

this may have been our wedding, but neither of us had ever been to a wedding with such delicious food. along with all of our guests asking who we used and commenting on how great the food was.

they were great in accommodating our special requests and they were all a hit. the food is SUPERB to say the least!

Sent on 01/12/2011

Emily · Married on 09/25/2010

We created a dinner that went off the menu and A Catered Event was more then helpful and responded to all my emails with advice and ideas. We did a dueling buffet between my husband’s love for Italian and my love for Mexican cuisine. Both of the appetizers and entrees were outstanding! Everyone at the wedding kept telling me how awesome the food was and what a fun idea our menu was! Thank you guys so much for helping my vision come to life and making our wedding, “our” wedding! We still don't know who the winner is though LOL :)

Sent on 10/19/2010

Stacey · Married on 07/17/2010

Kevin and Veniese were so great to work with.

The staff was super helpful and friendly, our guest absolutely loved the food - we had the MN Harvest Chicken and Round Steak with Burgundy Sauce. I couldn't believe how fast they could serve 280 or so guests. They worked with us to provide a children's meal option (we had nearly 40 kids at the wedding) and they made even the kids meals yummy and fun! The whole atmosphere and service were incredible and we highly recommend both A Catered Event and the Carousell Works for any event!

Sent on 08/23/2010
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 07/10/2010

Everyone raved about the food (entre: MN Harvest Chicken)! Kevin and his team did a fantastic job. They were very easy to work with, flexible and professional.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Shari · Married on 02/20/2010

DELICIOUS! Every part of the meal was perfect, best wedding food I have ever had. Kevin and the staff were wonderful, and very helpful. Kevin gave great advice on our menu, there are so many wonderful choices, and everything on the menu is delicious. We had so many of our guests comment after the wedding how that was some of the best food ever! Thank you Kevin & staff!!!

Sent on 05/07/2010

Cheri · Married on 10/24/2009

I can not say enough about Catered Event. What a wonderful job they did for my daughters wedding. The appearance of the food, the taste, the temperature and the time it took to get the guest through the line was amazing. We had a large wedding. Throughout the evening many of our guest complimented us on the food and the professionalism of the staff. The food was excellent and people are still calling or emailing me to say how wonderful the food was. Kevin's suggestions were greatly appreciated and he made our daughter's wedding a day she will never forget.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2009
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 10/02/2009

We were so impressed with them from the very beginning. They gave us the option to create our own menu and they worked with our budget. We couldn't have been more happy. Everyone at our reception said that it was the best food that they ever had at a wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2009

Krista · Married on 08/15/2009

We had our wedding reception at the Carousell Works and A Catered Event did a fantastic job with our reception. The food was very delicious! We had a lot of our guest comment on how much they enjoyed the food. We would definately recommend going to the soiree, where you can try a few different selections of their menu and see how the place looks somewhat decorated. It was good to talk to a few other venders as well at the soiree. Both of our families were very impressed how smoothly everything ran. We would definately recommend A Catered Event and the Carousell Works to anyone!

Sent on 10/03/2009
  • KAB

Kathy · Married on 06/27/2009

From the planning stages through the end of the evening, Kevin and his staff were professional, accomodating, and a joy to have as part of the reception. He went out of his way to make sure no ball was dropped. From the unique appetizer display to the champagne and cake service, his staff was there every step of the way. Oh.. and the food was amazing!

Sent on 07/06/2009

Bridget · Married on 06/20/2009

We had our wedding reception at the Carousell Works on June 20, 2009, and I just want to say how absolutely amazing the food was! We had attended the Tasting Event earlier in the Spring and thought it was delicious, and at the wedding it was fantastic. I have never heard so many compliments towards a wedding meal before. I can honestly say that at least 4 different people came up to me during the reception (and more after the wedding!) and told me that this was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Kevin and his staff were so incrediably helpful during the planning process and during the day of. Everything looked and tasted wonderful, and we never even had to question a thing while the night went on. I will highly recommend A Catered Event to anyone looking for a caterer in the future.

Sent on 07/22/2009

CARRIE · Married on 05/02/2009

kevin and his staff were awesome for our planning our menus, grooms dinner thru our wedding. we had been looking around and as soon as we talked to kevin and mary i knew this is who i wanted to do our wedding. they were awesome. they were there for all of our questions and even our different ideas that we were thinking, they never once thought that any of our ideas were weird. still to this day we are told how much everyone loved our meal and some have even asked for his card. WE LOVED THEM AND WILL KEEP ON GIVING THEM GREAT COMMENTS. THANKS AGAIN KEVIN AND STAFF.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Chris · Married on 10/04/2008

I heard from many of my family members and friends that this was "the best food ever" at a wedding they've attended. It was really a terrific meal. Reasonable price, fabulous food, and Kevin and his team were all very flexible, accomodating, responsible, and really cared about making our event special. I trust them completely and it was a terrific experience.

Sent on 03/06/2009

Toni · Married on 09/20/2008

A Catered Event is wonderful! There food is so good! All I heard all night of our reception is how that was the BEST wedding food they have ever eaten! Even after the wedding I got that comment! We had our wedding reception at the Carousell Works in Big Lake and that is where A Catered Event is out of. The venue is beautiful and we had a great time at our wedding! When I hear someone is getting married I tell them to use A Catered Event!

Sent on 03/08/2009

Elaine · Married on 09/20/2008

We could not ask for anyone more service minded than Kevin Bane at A Catered Event. He was able to provide good tips for us to think about as well as being open to our ideas. His open house provided us with the opportunity to taste the food, enjoy the presentation styles and have a good time in the process. We felt the value exceeded the cost. Our concern was how to get 300 people through the buffet line in 30 minutes and with Kevin's expert engineering, he accomplished that for us in a magnificent way. We will use A Catered Event in the future as well.

Sent on 04/30/2009

Pam · Married on 03/17/2012

Kevin and his staff provided an excellent meal for the reception of our daughter's wedding. The Harvest Chicken, caramelized mashed potatoes and spring carousell salad were delicious and many of our guests commented that it was the best food that they had tasted at a wedding reception. They were even willing to provide vegetarian meals for several of our guests. The punch was also delicious. The service was outstanding and the staff was very helpful in clearing tables when our guests were finished eating. As a gift to the bride and groom, the wedding cake was cut and served at the tables. Compared to the price of other caterers in the Twin Cities area, you can't beat A Catered Event for the value and quality of their food. We would highly recommend A Catered Event as the caterer for your event!

Sent on 03/31/2012

Brianna · Married on 06/19/2010

My husband and I used A Catered Event for our outdoor wedding reception on 6.19.2010. As it was outdoors and at a relatives house, there were several hoops to jump through. Kevin and Mary were extremely patient and helpful. I had many questions during the last several months leading up to the reception, and each time, I was treated so well. They answered my questions, added suggestions, and were just plain honest. They definitely went above and beyond. And of course, the food was delicious! I would absolutely recommend this catering company!

Sent on 06/21/2010

Beth · Married on 05/19/2012

Our food was amazing! Only major complaint was that the waiters/waitresses were a little rude to some of our guests at times.

Sent on 06/05/2012