2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners Reviews

2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 4
2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 5

Tina Sultini · Married on 10/13/2018

Food So Delicious Your Guests Will Want to Bathe in It

The food at our wedding could not have been any better! We got married at the Madison, and had the Cheese Spread, Taco Buffet Dinner, and for dessert, Milkshakes and Donuts with Hot Cider. Meat/Vegetarian/Vegan options were all provided. Days later, and we are still getting compliments on how delicious the food was. Not only was the food phenomenal, the service was fantastic! The staff was SO incredibly friendly and eager to help. The food is a huge part of a wedding and if you go with Two Unique, you (and your guests) will 100% not be disappointed.

Kasia · Married on 09/23/2018

Two Unique was PERFECT for our wedding at Belle Isle Casino. They handled all the linens, serve-ware, utensils, food, and bar service to make our day run smoothly. They interacted well with our guests, plus made sure we got enough to eat on our hectic day. The food was fantastic and their drinks were delicious, and we had so many compliments about them. I would recommend and use Two Unique again for any large-scale event. We loved having them there! Thank you all!

Samantha Keeler · Married on 09/08/2018

Auh-mazing

Two Unique and Shona Darin catered my wedding and let me just tell you, you need to hire them. I am a very detailed/type a/planner myself so when I tell you I asked an ungodly amount of questions, you have no idea. Shona was so incredibly patient and quick to get back with me. She also knew I was working off a budget and kept so many things in line with it. Even when I had last minute questions or suggestions she was Johnny on the spot. My day went absolutely perfectly mostly in part to Shona. When it was time to dismiss the bridal party for food, the caterers had already made plates for my husband and I. They also came by later so we could pick our favorite foods, then boxed them up so we would have food after the reception when we could finally eat. I had so many compliments on the food, decorations and staffing. People have already asked me for her contact info so she can do their events as well. Absolutely amazing company and Shona Darin needs to run for president. Or something..She's just that amazing

2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 6

Pam · Married on 08/18/2018

From start to finish, the overall experience we had with Two Unique was top-notch! Based on recommendations by my co-workers and food tastings, we selected Two Unique to cater our wedding at our home this past weekend and they did not disappoint! Led by Shelah, she and the rest of the staff were so nice, so accommodating and overall, very professional and they did an outstanding job. Several of our guests also commented how great the staff was. For the reception, we had small plate food stations and a dessert table, all of which were beautifully displayed. Our guests raved about the deliciousness of all the food! Even something as simple as the fire roasted vegetables were the best I ever had. And the staff was very helpful and accommodated our gluten-intolerant guests too.

It didn't take long to realize that we were in good hands with Shona, who worked with us with the planning from start to finish -- she was fantastic -- so pleasant, responsive and provided great suggestions. I would highly recommend Two Unique if you're looking for a catering/event planning company!

samantha · Married on 07/14/2018

Excellent planning, food and execution from Two Unique at our recent at-home wedding. Rave reviews from all attendees on the food - especially the popsicles! The staff was top notch. And to the minute pick-up the next day.

Thanks to Two Unique for making our wedding day special!

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2018

Shona and Two Unique catered our backyard wedding. She understood my concept from the beginning and was the perfect mix of ‘taking charge’ and deferring to our specific tastes. The food was delicious and we are a bit hard to please on that front. The cruditate was outstanding, as was the salmon and fillet on the grill. I will certainly use Two Unique again.

Christina · Married on 05/27/2018

Choosing 2 Unique for our wedding was one of the best choices we made. We were guided through the usually very stressful process with ease and attention to detail. Our venue looked beautiful and the staff was super professional and pleasant to work with. The dinner process was streamline and the food was delicious. We had many extra little requests which 2 Unique took care of with ease. If you are getting married in the Metro Detroit area- book with them! From food & drinks to floor plans and linens they really do it all!

Shona · Married on 02/17/2018

I am a proud Two Unique employee, gushing bride and absolute raving fan of Two Unique’s impeccable catering and event services. To say that the company I work for exceeded my expectations is a complete understatement. My wedding day was perfection and I couldn’t be more thankful and proud of the talented team at Two Unique. It was such a joy to experience our exceptionality from a client perspective; the attention to detail, the integrity of the food, the love of customizing every detail and the first class service staff that display pride in all that they do, is what make Two Unique one of a kind.
    Two Unique’s hallmark is locally sourced, seasonally inspired, honest food. My wedding reception food was phenomenal; so fantastic that guests continue to describe my wedding food as the best food they have ever ate, in their life! What a compliment! In addition to food, Two Unique providing all bar tending services along with management of specialty linens, chiavari chairs, China, flatware, glassware, chandeliers and a photo booth. There is nothing that this team can’t do; from one bride to the next, rest assured that by choosing Two Unique you will be in the utmost professional and experienced hands possible. The detailed yet easy going, hard working yet caring demeanor of this company solidifies the elite ranking of preferred caterer in Metro Detroit. Thank you Two Unique for making my wedding a dream come true!

2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 7
    2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 8
    2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 9
    2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners 10

Julie · Married on 12/16/2017

2 Unique catered our wedding in December at the Belle Isle Casino and they were EXCELLENT. Our guests keep raving about the food! Adrienne helped us through the entire process - picking linens, working through our food station choices, reviewing our budget, picking china/glassware - and was just a joy to work with from start to finish. The staff was absolutely the best and so professional. They also put together and styled the most beautiful dessert station I have ever seen! Thanks 2 Unique for everything! <3 Highly recommend!!

Kelley · Married on 08/26/2017

I don't even know where to start about how WONDERFUL and AMAZING job they did. Carolyn was our contact person. She emailed me back in very timely manor and answered every question that I had. We did a tasting before and the food was amazing than, and when we had it on our wedding it was even better! We didn't know it was possible for that!! The staff that was there that night was awesome. Lorraine was head of the staff. She was wonderful! Carl was one wait staff and he was always there with a drink for us and asking if there was anything we needed. He made sure we were eating and having a great time! They kept making sure we had all the food and beverages we needed. Along with the bridal party they also made sure our parents always set. They were all great to work with and hope to work with them again!!

Kim · Married on 08/25/2017

Seriously, this company was absolutely the best. Adrienne was not only professional and creative, but very nice and enthusiastic. She made planning a party for 150 people actually fun. And our guests basically said it was the best food they've had at a wedding. You'll love these guys for high-quality, creative, fun food!

J. · Married on 08/12/2017

From day one, Carolyn and everyone at Two Unique was a pleasure to work with! The options are endless and they rolled with it when we made changes to the menu and with the guest list. Carolyn offered up suggestions for tent rental as well and it all turned out FABULOUS! The staff that came to our event (which was at our home) were amazing as well. These ladies wouldn't let us lift a finger, went above and beyond for a person with a dietary limitation, and kept the crowd "fed and watered" all night long. I would highly recommend Two Unique for any type/size event!

Bre · Married on 07/22/2017

Staff was so wonderful, polite, professional and easy to work with. All of the guests loved the food!!

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

We loved using 2 Unique. The food was delicious and highly complimented by our guests. The staff at our wedding were also very sweet. They were professional and helpful throughout the night. I also appreciated the proactive communication from our point of contact leading up to the wedding. She was great about touching base with us and ensuring our venue was well informed as well.

Lizzy · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I hired 2 Unique Caterers for our wedding and we were very pleased with the whole process.

We worked closely with Shona Lindsay along the way and she made sure everything turned out perfectly. She made us feel very comfortable during the tasting and was very accommodating to our special guest diets (peanut allergy, multiple vegetarians). As a matter of fact, most of our food items were vegetarian items and all of the carnivores at the reception complimented all of the food! I appreciated the ability to contact Shona with any questions via email and she helped keep me calm throughout the entire planning process, even when new guests were added to the list at the last minute.

The servers at our reception were outstanding as well. We had a buffet and one of the servers approached my husband and me to ask if she would like us to have her plate our food for us. She was also willing to plate food for my husband's grandmother so she wouldn't have to navigate her walker around the buffet table and back to her seat (none of which we asked them to do). They were also willing to keep the boxes for our desserts (we ordered desserts from another company) so that we could take the extras home, which was great!

Overall, I would highly recommend using 2 Unique Caterers for a wedding or special event. I am very much looking forward to eating their food again at our friends wedding this fall!

Becky · Married on 03/11/2017

For our daughter’s wedding March 2017, Two Unique Caterers did an outstanding job with the food, service and presentation. The assortments of cheeses during cocktail hour were unique and flavorful. The buffet exceeded our expectations. Everything was delicious and our guests raved about the food, including dessert. Their staff was very helpful and pleasant to work with. They did everything we had asked them to do. We would definitely recommend Two Unique Caterers.

I cannot say enough great things about 2 Unique. They catered our wedding at Noah's Event Venue in Auburn Hills on 8/12/16. Shona was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. All 2Unique employees we dealt with were nothing but friendly and wonderful.

Our guests absolutely RAVED about the food and said it was some of the best they had ever had at a wedding! Guests enjoyed the cheese display, passed hors d'oeuvres, dinner buffet with carving station, as well as the strawberry shortcake bar we had in lieu of a wedding cake. Guests even went up for seconds! It was worth every penny. On the night of, the staff was very professional- they did their jobs so well that I barely even noticed they were there.

I hope to have an excuse to use 2Unique again for another event. The food and service was to die for!

• F

Faith · Married on 08/06/2016

Shona and the team at 2 Unique were beyond wonderful! They coordinated all of our rentals for us, and still allowed us to do some things ourselves to make it our own. The food was phenomenal and was the main reason we chose them. They helped us build the perfect menu and decor to match our theme. They put in so much time going over things with us to make sure everything was as we wanted. Shona met me out at the venue to talk about my plan for set up, and was present the day before our wedding while the rentals arrived and we began decorating. They were so flexible that I truly felt that my wedding was my own. I can't say enough good things about the crew who worked our reception. They were so friendly and accommodating. Our guests raved about both the food and service. They even went out of their way to help tear down some of our personal items at the end of the night. Because of them, everything went smoothly and allowed us to enjoy the night. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Erin · Married on 07/16/2016

I can honestly say our wedding was a huge success because of 2 Unique! Shona was so excellent to work with, she made the process easy and fun! Her experience made it easy for us to make decisions because she knew what would work well and exactly how to make our visions become a reality. She was always available to us and even met us at our venue (Belle Isle Casino) just weeks before the event to go over all the details. She helped arrange more than just the meals and cocktails, she also brought in chiavari chairs, linens, adorable lounge seating areas and specialty lighting to complete our reception look! We served just over 150 guests with a beautiful cocktail hour, complete with passed appetizers, specialty cocktails and a gorgeous self-serve table with cheese and crackers, hummus, veggies, guac etc. The dinner service was excellent, with a plated salad course and delicious family style entrees. Everyone raved about the service and the quality of the meal! The food was seriously the best I have ever had at a wedding. The meat was tender and flavorful and it was piping hot. The servers were all super friendly, happy people which was totally infectious-everyone was having a great time, smiling and laughing and pleasant. I hadn’t realized earlier how big of an impact this would make-it didn’t feel like it was just another wedding for them, it felt like they were just as excited as all our guests! I have no doubt that in the future I will use 2 Unique, and I will recommend them to anyone I know looking to cater and plan any party big or small!

Joseph · Married on 07/09/2016

We used 2 Unique for our 180-guest wedding in Detroit in July 2016 and they were fabulous. Our guests raved about the food, and when we saw the pictures of the appetizers at the cocktail hour, we were jealous that we missed it to take pictures! We shopped around for caterers quite a bit and found 2 Unique to be competitive price-wise with others in the area, but they delivered a lot more value than others we considered. This was definitely better than your typical catered food. They had great options and delivered a high quality meal. Shona, the rep assigned to our event, was easy to work with and provided options and estimates that respected our budget requirements. We were impressed with the professionalism they displayed in planning and of the team on-site the night of the wedding.

I booked 2 Unique because they worked with our reception venue, The Crofoot Ballroom before and actually installed their kitchens. I had most of my contact with Carolyn Berry and she was so awesome! Always responded to my emails and phone calls, trust me, there were quite a few. We weren't sure at first if we'd go through them because we did find quotes for a little less money. But I'm going to tell you right now, don't go anywhere but here! Their food is organic and delicious and their service is 100% better than anyone else I had dealt with trying to find a caterer.

The day of our wedding, June 11th 2016, our day of contact was Denise. She is absolutely the best person in the whole world!!! I honestly didn't even know it was her during the ceremony and she was right there with us, all the way through. She helped calm me down before walking down the isle, helped me when my napkin fell on the floor during dinner (my dress was much too poufy to find it) and was just the sweetest woman ever!! And to top it all off, ALL of our guests LOVED the food, and kept saying how great it was. They also made sure my husband and I got our food first and actually got to eat. Which was awesome!!! I 100% recommend 2 Unique, Carolyn and Denise! They are top notch!!

2 Unique catered our wedding and did an outstanding job from start to finish. They really have their act together as far as dealing with clients and guests. Very friendly and professional. Our guests raved about the lamb sliders, chicken roulade, salmon, and blue cheese cole slaw. Our wedding coordinator also raved about how wonderful they were to work with during the planning stages and the actual event. Overall, we just had a great carefree experience with this company.

Jessica · Married on 04/09/2016

2 Unique was nothing short of AMAZING!! Carolyn was very responsive and helpful from day one! She knows the ins and outs of the business and what it takes to put on a fantastic wedding. Our wedding was such a success and smooth process in large part due to Carolyn and her incredible team on the night of our wedding! Our guests loved all the food (which they let us tailor a good bit to our needs) and the general service we were provided. Everyone that worked the night of our wedding were so friendly and helpful. I could not imagine our night being any better! Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Sent on 04/22/2016

2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners's reply:

Thank you so much Jess for choosing us to play a part in your special day!
  • FMM

Jackie · Married on 01/23/2016

Our wedding was 1/23/16 and 2Unique was amazing! I worked with Carolyn throughout the process and she was incredibly accommodating and super sweet. Denise was my head caterer the day of and I could not ask for a better team, They transitioned everything so smoothly, everything was set up beautifully and the food was amazing. I have received so many compliments over the food and hot chocolate bar!! Thank you all so so much for everything!

Sent on 01/25/2016

2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners's reply:

You too were fantastic to work with!!! Best wishes!

jennifer · Married on 01/09/2016

Carolyn and Denise were phenomenal to work with. I got compliments all night (and the whole next day) about how amazing the food was and how awesome the presentation was. I even had a few guests who wanted contact information to use 2 Unique for their own upcoming events. The bartender made sure I had a drink in my hand the whole night and the staff was very attentive, professional and just overall amazing to work with. THANK YOU 2 UNIQUE. My wedding would not have been a dream come true without you.

Sent on 09/22/2015

2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners's reply:

You too were wonderful to work with. It was a true pleasure!
    Carolyn