San Francisco is not only one of the oldest cities in the US, but one of the most interesting as well—and San Francisco honeymoons are oh-so hot right now. This densely populated place has maintained much of the historic architecture to blend old world with modern civilization.
For anyone who enjoys a variety of past and present sightseeing options, a San Francisco honeymoon is absolutely ideal.
When to Go
The best time to take a San Francisco honeymoon is in the fall between September to November. The temperatures are warm and there are fewer tourists. Most people visit the city in the summer months because of the warmer weather and many festivals that go on from June through to August. However, spring and summer are very crowded and the weather is unpredictable. The winter months are very chilly and foggy.
Holidays and summer are always the most expensive times to travel while weekday flights are cheaper than weekend flights. When arranging your trip, look for months that have the lowest airfare prices or package sales. During any time of the year, there is always much to see and do in San Francisco.
Top Sights and Activities
- Golden Gate Bridge One of the wonders of the modern world, this is the longest suspension bridge in the world.
- Alcatraz Island Take a guided tour of this famously notorious former prison.
- Cable Cars Enjoy a tour of the city on the world's last manually operated cable cars.
- Fisherman’s Warf Enjoy the entertainment and dining experience of this popular, historic waterfront district.
- Presidio Spend a day during your San Francisco honeymoon hiking through this popular park and former military base.
- The Exploratorium This is a hands-on science, art and perception museum filled with several interesting interactive activities.
- Union Square San Francisco’s main retail hub, this district is filled with shops, salons, theaters, galleries and restaurants.
- Wine Tours and Tasting Enjoy one of several different vineyard tours and tasting events
- AT&T Park enjoy a major league baseball game at this state-of-the-art park.
- De Young Enjoy the exhibits and sculptures while touring through this fine arts museum.
- Segway Tours Take an exciting guided tour while riding on one of these fun two-wheeled transporters.
- Pier 39 This popular bay side region is filled with street performers, markets and shops, restaurants and numerous entertainment options—a fun excursion during your San Francisco honeymoon.