209 N Huron, Apt 3, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 15
  • Deals 1

About Yana Benjamin Photography

People's stories inspire me. I make sure to take the time to get to know my clients and create meaningful connections, which helps me capture weddings with sensitivity and insight, using photojournalism techniques. I see immense strength in candid images that evoke powerful emotions, so I concentrate on documenting raw affection, honest moments, delicate details, fleeting touch and loving interactions.

I am traveling to Austrian Alps in a couple of weeks to photograph elopements in the mountains, and I am starting to offer these services in Michigan as well. These Adventure Engagements are offered in beautiful places for couples that love the outdoors and want to capture their connection while immersed in nature. With over a hundred weddings under my belt, I've shot all over the world - from Washington, D.C., to Embrun, France, from Sacramento, California to Brno, Czech Republic.

Want to learn more about my approach to engagements and weddings? Visit my blog full of valuable information for your wedding planning at https://www.yanabenjamin.com/blog-1.

Follow Yana Benjamin Photography on
dsc 4088 51 433857 1568664535
dsc 3313 51 433857 1568664496
dsc 6014 51 433857 1568664504
Yana Benjamin Photography
368c70 fceef470c6484e1f8d1fca3762dbaa1amv2 d 4125 2745 s 4 2 2 51 433857 1568663359
dsc 4411 51 433857 1568664508
dsc 6247 51 433857 1568663359
lee and young 2 51 433857 1569879192
dsc 5152 51 433857 1569879127
dsc 7639 51 433857 1569879158

• Videos 1

6 Reviews for Yana Benjamin Photography

Teresa · Married on 05/27/2016

Stumbling upon Yana's website was a serendipitous moment. There weren't many reviews about Yana's work on social media or wedding sites, but the photos I did find were simply gorgeous and rivaled those of any coveted blog or photographer with numerous The Knot accolades (read: hidden gem alert!!) Despite the biting cold during our engagement session (typical 30 degF April day in Michigan), we had a lot of fun. Yana provided us with just enough professional direction so that we felt assured, but then set stepped back to allow for candid moments to unfurl (e.g. us having coffee, slurping ramen). She also wouldn't hesitate to help me fix my scarf or tame a loose strand of hair. Her attention to detail was really commendable. The shoot turned out so well that we decided to incorporate the photos into our wedding guest book. The day of the wedding, Yana truly shined. I really appreciated how Yana was okay with playing some parts by ear to accommodate potential weather contingencies and our large wedding party of 14 people. When it came time to shoot the bridal party and family portraits outside, it was outrageously humid. But like a true professional, Yana never once let on any sense of impatience or discomfort. TLDR: Yana's work truly speaks for itself. She is by no means just wedding vendor, but first and foremost a skilled photographer who is truly disciplined and passionate. She harks from a photojournalistic background, and has a knack for capturing candid moments. If you're camera shy, don't worry. If you're blessed with high cheekbones and have mastered the art of smizing, that's great too. Either way, Yana will manage to capture the best of you. One of the most common compliments I received after sharing pictures with friends and family was "This is beautiful. And wow, I didn't even notice she was there taking that shot!". So, talented AND stealthy. I highly encourage you to look up more of her work, and to consider having her document your special day!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Yana's photography is absolutely incredible! We used her for our engagement photos over the summer, and our Cobblestone Farm wedding in the fall. We adored the engagement photos but somehow the wedding photos were even better. I seriously cannot stop looking at them...they're amazing. Of all of our wedding services/vendors, I would recommend Yana the most. The price was reasonable, she was very professional and she's just a damn good photographer! :) What's more, she got us our wedding photos after just 1 month. What?! I know people who waited 10 months to get their photos back. The whole experience was awesome, and now we have absolutely stunning photos of our wedding! You won't regret booking her!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Yana Benjamin Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,499.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,499.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Natural, Photojournalism, Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

1 Wedding Deal & Discount