2606 Melba Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21042 Map · Phone number

About World Renown

A high-energy wedding DJ in Ellicott City, Maryland, World Renown is committed to providing its couples and their guests with top-notch quality entertainment. Owned and operated by Jamaal Botticelli, the company has been in service for over 19 years. World Renown’s laid-back style allows you and your significant other to remain in the spotlight while keeping your guests on the dance floor all night long!

From your first consultation to your last dance, Jamaal and his team will happily assist with planning every detail of your ceremony and/or reception. Services include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Consultation
  • Sound/PA system
  • Uplighting
  • Photobooth

Areas Covered
World Renown proudly serves couples in Ellicott City. Services are also extended to those throughout D.C., Maryland and Virginia.

CA20Wedding71
CA20Wedding81
Wedding reception
Wedding reception
The man of the day!
The man of the day!

87 Reviews for World Renown

Autumn · Married on 01/05/2019

Personalized without breaking the budget!

Jamaal was a PHENOMENAL DJ at our wedding. If you hire Jamaal, you will have all your DJ dreams come true, have zero headaches, feel confident that when you hire him, he will follow through on every detail no matter how small.
    Summary:
    - Jamaal was professional, timely, respectful, and good with any change that arose even on the wedding day
    - The entire process with him was flawless.
    - songs had completely smooth transitions
    - songs we requested were played, songs we did not want played were not played.
    - Jamaal was flexible and able to make all our DJ dreams come true within our budget.
    - PHENOMENAL MC AND DJ

More details:
    My (now) husband and I first met Jamaal when we went to see him DJ at a bar in Baltimore. After seeing what a natural he was, we decided to hire him. Jamaal proceeded with clear communication of what he offers and sent over prices/packages. He was timely with everything, and when my husband and I fell behind on our timeline, or forgot anything, Jamaal was on point for reminding us of anything we forgot and very understanding of how hectic wedding prep can be. He really made this experience stress-free and showed us that when we hired him to do the job, he did so with professionalism, no hesitation, complete knowledge of his practice, and left our guests just raving about how great our DJ was.
    Jamaal was the perfect DJ for us because when we sent him our list of songs we preferred to be played, we told him to just consider those but that he was the master and judgment was left to him.
    Not only did Jamaal play almost all the songs on our extensive list, AND keep our two "do not play songs" from getting played, but also the transitions between songs were FLAWLESS! Even when music genres did not go together, incredibly, the flow from one song to the next was smooth and enjoyable! During the wedding Jamaal was also a big help in keeping the wedding timeline going. As bride and groom, we were so budy talking with guests and dancing, that sometimes we forgot when the next thing needed to happen (first dance, cake cutting) but Jamaal was there to respectfully remind us and check in once or twice to make sure things ran smoothly and that everything was going as we liked.
    As the MC, Jamaal was not overpowering (not always on the mic and taking over the wedding, but not non-existent). Jamaal was flexible with my husband and I when we couldn't meet in person the week before the wedding to go over final details with him, so instead we did a conference call. Jamaal got all the details correctly, going over how everyone's names were pronounced for the bridal party entry to the reception, going over the timeline, verifying which songs to play, and during the wedding was able to shorten the song for my husband's and my first dance with a smooth fade out (without it being obvious we didn't want to dance to the whole song. We have a lot of friends getting married in these next couple years and we will most definitely be recommending Jamaal to all of them!

Megan · Married on 12/29/2018

Jamaal Rocks!

I was slightly picky when it came to music, I wanted to make sure it reflected us & the mood I wanted for the wedding & Jamaal did just that! He was always quick to respond & always seemed to know exactly what I was getting at, always on the same page! Jamaal was great to work with & I highly recommend him!

Sam Gallagher · Married on 10/19/2018

Great! I would highly reccomend!

Jamaal was so easy to work with and very flexible! I would highly recommend- he’s a pro and really knows what he’s doing. We had many many people on the dance floor all night!!!

World Renown FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What services do you offer? Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• JK Entertainment Services
    JK Entertainment Services Wedding DJs

Jamaal is as professional as it gets. I've done several events with Jamaal and he always delivers a very professional setup, sets up meeting with the clients months in advance to go over timelines, music choices and more so the client gets everything they need to make their special day perfect. I would highly recommend Jamaal for any event that you'd have.

• Flawless Events
    Flawless Events Wedding Planners

I recently had the pleasure of working with Jamaal and Pete of World Renown Entertainment and I couldn't be any happier! From the moment I found Word Renown's website I knew they were the type of DJ my client wanted. Every step of the way Jamaal reinforced that he would provide the music my clients wanted as well as host the event in a professional manner without the hokey gimmicks many "wedding DJ's" employ. Jamaal worked closely with my clients and obtained special music they requested to ensure their wedding day was a clear reflection of them. When the date arrived, Jamaal and Pete arrived early, set up and got right to work! They kept spinning all night! Everyone at the wedding had a great time and the dance-floor was NEVER empty! If you want a DJ that will 100% create the musical backdrop and entertainment that reflects you and your event call Jamaal! You will be happy you did! (:

• Jay Moore Photography
    Jay Moore Photography Wedding Photographers

World Renown Entertainment rocked the house from start to finish. They kept the beats fresh throughout the entire night keeping the dance floor full of energetic, happy guests. Always on top of the next song, they provided a top notch experience for the new wedding couple and their many guests. I would highly recommend World Renown Entertainment if you're looking to book a DJ for your wedding.

• 2606 Melba Rd Ellicott City, Maryland, 21042 See on map