World Renown Reviews

87 | Ellicott City, MD

87 Reviews for World Renown

Autumn · Married on 01/05/2019

Personalized without breaking the budget!

Jamaal was a PHENOMENAL DJ at our wedding. If you hire Jamaal, you will have all your DJ dreams come true, have zero headaches, feel confident that when you hire him, he will follow through on every detail no matter how small.
    Summary:
    - Jamaal was professional, timely, respectful, and good with any change that arose even on the wedding day
    - The entire process with him was flawless.
    - songs had completely smooth transitions
    - songs we requested were played, songs we did not want played were not played.
    - Jamaal was flexible and able to make all our DJ dreams come true within our budget.
    - PHENOMENAL MC AND DJ

More details:
    My (now) husband and I first met Jamaal when we went to see him DJ at a bar in Baltimore. After seeing what a natural he was, we decided to hire him. Jamaal proceeded with clear communication of what he offers and sent over prices/packages. He was timely with everything, and when my husband and I fell behind on our timeline, or forgot anything, Jamaal was on point for reminding us of anything we forgot and very understanding of how hectic wedding prep can be. He really made this experience stress-free and showed us that when we hired him to do the job, he did so with professionalism, no hesitation, complete knowledge of his practice, and left our guests just raving about how great our DJ was.
    Jamaal was the perfect DJ for us because when we sent him our list of songs we preferred to be played, we told him to just consider those but that he was the master and judgment was left to him.
    Not only did Jamaal play almost all the songs on our extensive list, AND keep our two "do not play songs" from getting played, but also the transitions between songs were FLAWLESS! Even when music genres did not go together, incredibly, the flow from one song to the next was smooth and enjoyable! During the wedding Jamaal was also a big help in keeping the wedding timeline going. As bride and groom, we were so budy talking with guests and dancing, that sometimes we forgot when the next thing needed to happen (first dance, cake cutting) but Jamaal was there to respectfully remind us and check in once or twice to make sure things ran smoothly and that everything was going as we liked.
    As the MC, Jamaal was not overpowering (not always on the mic and taking over the wedding, but not non-existent). Jamaal was flexible with my husband and I when we couldn't meet in person the week before the wedding to go over final details with him, so instead we did a conference call. Jamaal got all the details correctly, going over how everyone's names were pronounced for the bridal party entry to the reception, going over the timeline, verifying which songs to play, and during the wedding was able to shorten the song for my husband's and my first dance with a smooth fade out (without it being obvious we didn't want to dance to the whole song. We have a lot of friends getting married in these next couple years and we will most definitely be recommending Jamaal to all of them!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Megan · Married on 12/29/2018

Jamaal Rocks!

I was slightly picky when it came to music, I wanted to make sure it reflected us & the mood I wanted for the wedding & Jamaal did just that! He was always quick to respond & always seemed to know exactly what I was getting at, always on the same page! Jamaal was great to work with & I highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Sam Gallagher · Married on 10/19/2018

Great! I would highly reccomend!

Jamaal was so easy to work with and very flexible! I would highly recommend- he’s a pro and really knows what he’s doing. We had many many people on the dance floor all night!!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Jesika · Married on 08/18/2018

Jamaal was easy to work with and made our day special! I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Jesika · Married on 08/08/2018

Jamaal was great! He understood what we wanted right away and was very reliable. He responds promptly and is very easy to work with! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Leah · Married on 08/04/2018

A Talented DJ you can
    Trust! Awesome experience!!Jamaal was responsive to all of our request! He has a saying "Your wedding, Your way!" And he means it. He was on time, looked dapper, and my fiance and I had a great time dancing the night away along with our guests. He was super easy to work with, and went the extra mile. Thank you so much for making our wedding an amazing experience!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Roy · Married on 06/09/2018

World Renown Entertainment arrived well before ceremony, they were very professional in the set up of their equipment.
    The staff was very accommodating accepting song requests, they had a true understanding the 'vibe' of the ceremony activities.
    We Highly recommend World Renown for your next event! Five Stars!

Sent on 06/16/2018
  • I

Ishaya · Married on 06/08/2018

Jamaal is great! He showed up on time and kept us dancing through the night. He worked well for us in our tricky indoor outdoor setup, highly recommend Jamaal for wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2018

I could not have been happier with my choice to use Jamaal as a DJ for my wedding, he was nothing but excellent from start to finish. He is extremely responsive, and very willing to work with you to make the vision for "your big day" come to life. He makes sure he understands your preferences in both overall style and music taste, and has great tips and suggestions to help your vision come to life. He continually made it clear (and proved many times) that he is available for anything you may need. It was always a pleasure communicating with him, he put me at ease from the first moment I reached out.

My wedding was planned to be outside for both ceremony and reception, but the weather did not cooperate, so 2 days beforehand we made the choice to enact our indoor backup plan. Jamaal went out of his way to secure lighting to make sure that my venue would look its best, and this really helped transform the venue and set the right atmosphere. That, combined with his overall persona and all the music he played combined to make one great party! All of our guests had a great time, and I would highly recommend that you stop your search for a DJ and reach out to Jamaal, it will be the best choice you can make!!!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/21/2018

Working with Jamaal was a great pleasure! He helped make suggestions and brought up scenarios / options for us that we did not think about prior to our consultation. He was very accommodating with all of our requests, very professional, responsive, and we had no issues. Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding and everybody enjoyed the music and danced the night away! Definitely hire Jamaal for your event, you won't be disappointed :)

Sent on 05/14/2018

Nicholas · Married on 03/24/2018

Jamaal is great to work with. He made some great suggestions regarding timing and flow. He has a great knack for reading the room and knowing what type of music to play and when - so he created an awesome atmosphere and experience for our reception. Jamaal is cool, calm and collected and we highly recommend him. The lighting he recommended were also well worth it!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Tim · Married on 10/28/2017

Jamaal has a simple saying "your wedding, your way". Jamaal was great to work with throughout the entire experience. He was receptive to our ideas and also had some good ones of his own. He helped us structure the big day because we did not have a wedding planner. During the day he was very flexible, on point and completely prepared for every moment. We gave him full control of the reception and people of all ages danced all night long. Jamaal came highly recommended to us and we would recommend him just the same.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Jeanine · Married on 09/17/2017

Jamaal was great! We had a couple of last minute changes and had rearranged some things and he was right on top of it and kept up with all of it! We had sent him our list of songs and just told him to go from cocktail/dinner music and gradually move into dance songs and all of the transitions were great. The dance floor was packed all night long! I cannot recommend him enough. Thanks Jamaal for a fun night!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Ryan · Married on 07/02/2017

Jamal was fantastic! He handled any and all requests we had including helping us ice the best man before his toast, and he helped create the perfect atmosphere for our wedding helping our day run smoothly.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Liz · Married on 06/24/2017

We were late to the game in finding a DJ for our wedding. Jamaal was referred to us by another DJ who said he would trust him with his own wedding and he was right. Jamaal was so easy to work with and super responsive. The music was AMAZING. He played everything we wanted to hear plus some great additions. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/11/2017

David · Married on 06/09/2017

Working with Jamaal was a breeze and our guests are still raving that the dance party at our wedding was one for the ages. He mixed music perfectly and kept the party going all night.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Anastasia · Married on 11/26/2016

Jamaal is GREAT to work with. He is very responsive and went above and beyond several times to ensure that our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception (he did all three!) were perfect. He went out of his way to select songs that captured the elegant and classic ambiance and mood we wanted to achieve.

Jamaal went out of his way to meet me at my venue twice to ensure that everything would run smoothly on the big day - he even came to my rehearsal! I am forever grateful - I wanted to walk down the aisle to a song with my bridesmaids, and the song needed to be timed perfectly so that I would walk at the crecsendo - Jamaal went out of his way to make sure this happened correctly. On the big day, my husband got teary eyed as I walked down the aisle. This, to me, is priceless, and the absolute best moment of my life; and Jamaal helped to create that memory for me.

Jamaal was just great to work with - when my check didn't reach him right away due to Election Day and Veteran's Day, Jamaal was understanding and even told me not to worry! This is EXACTLY what a bride needs to hear right before the big day!

On the big day, Jamaal did a great job - several guests commented that he was the best DJ they had ever experienced, and NOT ONCE was the dance floor empty. We had a crowded dance floor to the very end, which is something I have never experienced before.

THANK YOU Jamaal. I will be using Jamaal for every event I have going forward. BOOK HIM NOW.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Sara · Married on 11/04/2016

Jamaal was so accommodating. He changed things easily when I requested and was so easy to work with.

THANK YOU JAMAAL!!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Mark · Married on 10/08/2016

We hired Jamaal on the advice of another DJ who we knew but was unavailable, and it was a great decision! The price was right in line with what we were expecting. Jamaal kept the party moving, the dance floor was packed all night and he worked all of our special requests into the evening. He advised us on how to put the timeline together and then expertly followed it. He was very easy to work with as well and we highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Shaun · Married on 09/23/2016

Jamaal was calm, organized and professional. When my wife and I first met with him we decided to hire him. Jamaal is a true professional, he knows what he's talking about and he absolutely was vested to make this the best wedding possible.

He played great music, had a great attitude, took control of the wedding party in a nice way. He's not bossy or pushy. Jamaal was one of the best values and investments of all the vendors we had.

Seriously, this guy is top shelf, one of the best. If he's available for your date, stop looking because you're not going to find someone better.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Georgio · Married on 08/13/2016

I already knew Jamaal would help to make our wedding special since I've known him for years prior to booking. He absolutely did not disappoint. Professional, helpful and timely. We met a month before the wedding to go over all of the steps, and it was a very pleasant experience for myself and family. Made us feel very comfortable that all of our needs would be handled and there wasn't anything to worry about on that tip. Day of the wedding he was there well before all of the guests arrived and it was a seamless setup. Although we only scheduled him for half of the time at the wedding, Jamaal didn't just up and leave as soon as the clock struck, he ensured that we were all setup to continue the rest of the wedding duration. As an added bonus, we have several "difficult" names that needed announcing and he was spot on with the pronunciation.

I would like to thank Jamaal again for his service to make our day super special, and would strongly recommend him to anyone looking to host an event or wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2016

Jamaal was the DJ for our wedding this August- I could not say enough about him! He is organized, detail oriented, responsive, and was receptive to everything my husband and I envisioned for the wedding. I have been to 3 weddings where he has been the DJ, and every one was different, but all fantasic. He really works with you as a couple on as much or as little as you want, and every single person commented on the music at our wedding and how amazing it was! He was professional, well dressed, and flexible during the day, and was completely organized and worked so well with the venue. He truly made the day what everyone remembers!

Sent on 08/23/2016

M · Married on 06/25/2016

Jamaal from World Renown Entertainment is absolutely wonderful! He was the DJ for two of my friends' wedding in the years past. He is very responsive and creative. I love his music mixes and love that he doesn't just play straight from a playlist. He is a very skilled DJ who I would recommend to my other friends who are getting married. He made planning the reception so easy and he was very easy to work with and to communicate with.

Sent on 07/16/2016

World Renown was great!! Jamaal was very professional and very responsive to all my emails, there was a lot of last minute changes and he handled it very well. For our wedding we had him play music for the ceremony and the reception. He was very accommodating when I requested him to play particular songs pre-ceremony. We were also very pleased with every song he played at the reception as well, kept people on the dance floor!! He's awesome!!

Sent on 06/30/2016
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/18/2016

Fantastic service, including good communication in our initial meeting and setting out the process and expectations to ensure a smooth day. Communication in the weeks leading up to the event was great and Jamaal was brilliant at including all specific requests and smaller details that we had in order to make our day that much better. Flexible to adjust on the spot as necessary when we were running slightly behind schedule on the day as well as knowing just the right songs to get everyone moving on the dance floor :). Thanks again! Ian and Kate

Sent on 07/07/2016