1975 Vermont Route 5A, Barton, VT 05860 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 54
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Willoughby Haven

Willoughby Haven is one of the most unique and beautiful places you will ever see as the property jets out on the lake providing 180-degree lake and mountain views. It has four private acres with a 400-foot private beach on crystal clear Lake Willoughby and the views are truly spectacular.

Why have a one-day wedding that will be over in a flash when you can spend three or five days having an amazing experience truly connecting with and celebrating with your family and friends?

You can kayak, paddle board, play horseshoes, play ping pong or pool in the game room, go on hikes or just relax on our private 400-foot private beach. Your wedding could be the most fun wedding that you, your family and friends have ever attended!

You can get married on the huge pristine lawn, on the beautiful sandy beach (there is enough room on the beach for 250 guests to have their feet in the sand) or a combination of both. In addition, there is a church 1/2 a mile down the lake that you could get married in and then have your reception at Willoughby Haven.

Willoughby Haven is 2 hours from Burlington, 3 hours from Boston and 5.5 hours from NY City. We have enough space on the property to host up to a 250-person wedding.

We offer 3 Wedding Packages:

1) 1 Day for $7,500

2) 3 Days (and 2 nights) for $10,000

3) 5 Days (and 4 nights) for $12,500

The 3-day and 5-day packages include full use of the entire 4-acre property including the seven cabins that sleep up to 38 people (plus use of the kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, etc.).

All Wedding Packages include a beautiful wedding tent (including the chairs, lights, tables and dance floor) that has space for up to 100 guests.

For weddings of 101-250 people we use bigger tents and charge an additional fee:

• 101-150 guests there is an additional fee of $1,000

• 151-200 guests there is an additional fee of $2,000

• 200-250 guests there is an additional fee of $3,000

We have six 2-bedroom cabins that have all been upgraded with new refrigerators, new stoves and new showers. The seventh cabin is a game room (with a pool table, ping pong and foosball) that can also be used by the groom and groomsmen pre-wedding. In addition, our largest cabin can be used by the bride and bridesmaids pre-wedding.

Have your Rehearsal Dinner Overlooking the Lake and Mountains:

If you decide on the 3-day or 5-day package you can have your rehearsal dinner overlooking the lake and mountains (we can even set-up picnic tables on the private 400-foot beach). This will be a unique experience for your family and wedding party while saving money.

Catering:

Willoughby Haven has preferred caterers but you can use your own outside caterer.

Alcohol:

We allow you to bring your own alcohol so that can save you alot of money.

Accommodations (for anyone not staying on the property):

There are many accommodation options along the lake (including an Inn that is one mile from the property with room for 60 guests and one that is .5 of a mile away that has nine cottages that sleep 45 guests) for anyone not staying on the property.

Wedding Season:​

Our season runs from June 15th through October 15th.

Willoughby Haven is stunning in person so hopefully you and your fiancé can come for a tour! Our 2020 dates are starting to fill up so hopefully you can come for a tour soon!

wh wedding 7 20 19 ceremony beach set up2 51 981641 1563826839
9/15/18 Wedding at WH.
9/15/18 Wedding at WH.
7/5/19 Wedding at WH.
7/5/19 Wedding at WH.
Wedding venue by the lake
Wedding venue by the lake
7/20/19 Wedding photo.
7/5/19 Reception at sunset.
7/5/19 Reception at sunset.
Kissing the bride
Kissing the bride
Happy couple
Bride & Groom post-wedding.
Bride & Groom post-wedding.
7/5/19 Reception.
7/5/19 Reception.
Spectacular sunset
Spectacular sunset
Table setup under the tent.
Table setup under the tent.
Reception.
Bride and bridesmaids
Bride and bridesmaids
Happy ladies
Happy ladies
The private 400-foot beach.
The private 400-foot beach.
Happy couple
The Fall Foliage views are spectacular!
The Fall Foliage views are spectacular!
The porch overlooks a brook.
The porch overlooks a brook.
Another picture of the porch.
Another picture of the porch.
Lakeside fire pit.
Lakeside fire pit.
Enjoy the lakeside fire pit.
Enjoy the lakeside fire pit.
7/20/19 Wedding tent.
7/20/19 Wedding tent.
Game room.
Game room.
We have many places like this to sit and relax during your stay
We have many places like this to sit and relax during your stay
Cabins from the road.
Cabins from the road.
View of cabins from the beach.
View of cabins from the beach.
View from behind the cabins.
One of our charming cabins.
One of our charming cabins.
Back of one of the cabins.
Back of one of the cabins.
Kitchen with new refrigerator.
Kitchen with new refrigerator.
Kitchen with new stove/oven.
Kitchen with new stove/oven.
Fireplace.
Fireplace.
Living room.
One bedroom has a queen bed.
One bedroom has a queen bed.
One bedroom has 2 single beds.
One bedroom has 2 single beds.
Screened in porch.
Screened in porch.
Kayaks, Paddle Boards & Canoes
Horseshoes, corn hole, etc.
Horseshoes, corn hole, etc.
wh wedding 7 20 19 ceremony beach set up2 51 981641 1563826839

Willoughby Haven 6
Willoughby Haven 7

Eva · Married on 08/03/2019

A Magical Place

I can't speak highly enough about our experience at Willoughby Haven. The beauty of Lake Willoughby really speaks for itself. It an amazingly special place that my husband and I have been going to for years. What I want to take the time to highlight is Jonathan and his amazing staff. From start to finish the far exceeded our expectations. They were so easy communicate with leading up to the wedding day. That being said what really blew me away is how hard Cherisse and the other staff worked to make everything run perfectly. I did not have to concern myself with a thing the day of my wedding! Never having planned a wedding before they were definitely a few things I didn't think of and Cherisse was there every step of the way to make everything smooth and seamless.

My family and friends absolutely LOVED the venue. The private beach and amenities like paddle boards and canoes where a HUGE hit! Its been nearly a month and my friends are still calling to tell me how much fun everything was. You just really can't go wrong with Willoughby Haven for you wedding or special event.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Julia · Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING service and perfect location

I would highly recommend Willoughby Haven! Jonathan, the owner, has been wonderful through the whole process! He has gone above and beyond what I could have possibly expected! I have really enjoyed working with him this whole time. I had been considering Willoughby Haven previously and had talked to him on the phone while trying to decide on the venue. After initially really liking the look of it from online, I decided it was a bit out of the way for our guest to travel. My husband and I had been in the area about a month later and just decided to check it out, out of curiosity. Jonathan happened to be there with his family, he welcomed us in (even though this was a completely unscheduled visit), kindly introduced us to his family, and showed us around. I think many other vendors would have turned us away in this situation but he was more than accommodating. I feel so good about renting the property from him. We instantly fell in love with the place and decided to do it then.

The wedding weekend itself was amazing and I couldn't have imagined it going any better! There were little hiccups that came up along the way, and even though none of them were Jonathan's responsibility to take care of, he went way far above and beyond, I'm truly blown away. Jonathan is one of the most dedicated and hard working people I have ever met, he made this place into something it could not be just on its own, and that is saying a lot. He was there for anything we needed along the way and especially that weekend. We feel so lucky to have found and chosen this venue. The amount of people at our wedding that were not just amazed and impressed by the venue, but also by Jonathan, his attitude, and positivity was incredible.

I highly recommend this venue, you will not be disappointed with the spectacular views, amazing service, and wonderful charm of a weekend on the lake!

Julia & Jackson

Sent on 06/18/2019

Willoughby Haven Pricing

Willoughby Haven Price Rates

Willoughby Haven FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 7,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 7,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 7,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 7,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Tables
  • Describe your venue: Beach, Campsite/Cabin, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? June, July, August, September, October

1 Wedding Deal & Discount