24 Roland Street, Charlestown, MA 02129 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Whim Events

Whim Events is a full service event planning, styling and floral design studio in Boston, MA. Co-founded in 2011 by Moira Thompson & Natalie Pinney, Whim was created with the vision that planning an event can be fun, effortless as well as educational. Our exceptional staff of experienced and artful #whimen are always ready to dream up and produce the most unique of event wishes. Our strong experience in design, budget creation, timeline development and project management will guide you in the decision-making process and ensure you are confident and in control of every single choice surrounding your wedding day.

Specializing in weddings, Whim's vision is to curate a celebration that shows who you are, and what your life together is all about. As in life, the journey should be as good as the destination, so planning your wedding should be as dreamy and fun as the day itself. Inspired by the art of stage production, natural and organic design elements, and all around awesome times had by all, Whim works behind the scenes to bring your event to life, so you can joyfully get lost in the moment.

alexandra patrick 140

60 Reviews for Whim Events

Whim Events 1
Whim Events 2

Emerald · Married on 09/08/2018

I don't know where to begin except to say that our wedding on 9-8-2018 would not have been possible without them. Natalie, Moira, G and everyone at WHIM THANK YOU! We chose a non-traditional wedding venue that requires bringing EVERYTHING from power to bathrooms to every last fork (& bottle of booze!) to the site. I under estimated how difficult this would be and how much planning and organization this requires, but team Whim. While initially you think you might be able to do all of this yourself (as I did- so foolish of me!) they have contacts with vendors you would never have access to and insights into timelines, design and planning beyond your wildest dreams. They went above and beyond for 3 full days of wedding bliss- I never had to worry for a minute because I knew everything was well taken care of and it really allowed me to RELAX and enjoy my wedding. I would recommend whim over and over and over- I wish I could plan another event just to work with them again. They make you feel special, you are not just a client or a number, you feel special and well taken care of (even when I was being bridezilla!) Moira's florals are an absolute DREAM and they give you creative freedom to help design as much or as little as you want. I have been so many many weddings and large events, but their attention to details and ability to create an entire evening from start to finish is unmatched.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Whim Events 3
    Whim Events 4

Lindsey · Married on 07/07/2018

Words can not express how appreciative I am for everything that Whim did for our wedding weekend. Hiring Whim was the best decision we ever made!! From the moment our relationship began, Natalie and Moira understood our vision and perfectly executed every single detail. They were responsive, creative, easy to work with and just generally fun-loving, awesome people. The wedding was everything we could of dreamed of and more. They made me feel calm on the big day and I never had to worry about anything falling through the cracks. The small details including parasols, a rose bar, marble accents that they came up with made our wedding so different and special. Moira's floral arrangements were stunning. She even knew how much I loved peonies and saved some all the way until July 7 for my special bouquet!! It is that attention to detail that separates them from other planners. Natalie and Moira have strong relationships with all Boston vendors and made the process incredibly seamless and were extremely easy to work with. Not only that, but they make an effort to get to know their clients and form a personal relationship with them. They truly knocked it out of the ballpark and made our wedding the most perfect day!!!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Alex · Married on 10/07/2017

So, I never write online reviews because I always have something else to do. I can't stand by, though, and let Whim's most recent review be such an outlandish mischaracterization of how wonderful Natalie and Marjorie are.

We started working with Whim almost exactly one year ago. For the ten months leading up to our wedding (end of this past August), Natalie and Marjorie were on top of everything...and I mean everything...to make sure that the day itself was perfect. There are a million things that we would have let slip through the cracks without their attention to detail and ability to give us lots of options from which to make each decision.

And then the day itself. My wife and I can't imagine what it would have been like without Natalie and Marjorie there to make sure that everything went smoothly. Any time my wife or I or any of our guests had questions - where to go, what to do next etc... - they were on top of it with a smile. They truly cared about us and our happiness from the start of planning to the end of our reception.

We now have lifelong memories of a perfect wedding with Natalie and Marjorie making that possible. I cannot recommend them highly enough. As you consider event planners, take to heart this review and Whim's nearly 5.0 review average. Pay no attention to the hatchet job below.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Whim Events FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 100.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 20.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 175.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Eclectic, Glamorous, Modern, Preppy, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

Real Weddings

• The Chef's Table
    The Chef's Table Wedding Caterers

We have worked with Whim Events on several weddings and have found all of their staff to be organized, accommodating and practical, all while keeping the client's vision in mind. Whim seems to have a thorough understanding of what each vendor requires to be able to do their job well and seeks to make sure that everyone can perform at their best to make the couple's day perfect. Their "can do" attitude is projected throughout the planning process and event with a smile and they are a joy to work with - you cannot go wrong by hiring Whim to help with your event!

• 24 Roland Street Charlestown, 02129 See on map
    6174139735 (Other Phone Number)
    6174139735 (Fax Number)