1368 Prizer Road, Pottstown, PA 19465 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Welkinweir

Cultivating Memories at Welkinweir Estate

The stone house at Welkinweir Estate is adorned with a white oak wood floor that hums as you make your way down an elegant staircase, embellished with a centuries-old banister. The home is comprised of quaint family rooms with stately fireplaces that look out onto a field of lush emerald green grass. Your nose will lead you through a winding path brimming with the vibrant hues and aromas of freshly-blooming flowers, towards a cobblestone stairway tucked beneath an intimate cluster of trees and foliage. The leaves shelter you before you enter out onto a grassy plateau overlooking a serene six-acre pond nestled in the forest. This merely begins to describe the beauty of the calm, pastoral environment of the Welkinweir Estate.

The Welkinweir Estate, a scenic property bounded by 192 acres of richly wooded hills and a valley of tranquil ponds in Pottstown, Pennsylvania. Welkinweir is recognized for its historic significance as a part of the Reading Furnace which manufactured iron in the early 1600s.

Today, the property not only showcases the picturesque natural beauty of this landmark location, but also incorporates a healthy blend of sustainable practices. Green Valleys Association is a not-for-profit organization that has maintained Welkinweir’s stunning grounds and environmental integrity for eleven years. The organization has shown its dedication to conservation by implementing numerous green energy solutions on site. GVA boasts an 85-percent reduction in its carbon footprint during its tenure thanks to a system of solar PV panels, a micro-hydro system, and the installation of a porous paved parking lot. This is the ideal location for a client with an environmental conscience and who values sustainability.

So much love here
What a backdrop!
What a backdrop!

• Real Weddings 4

10 Reviews for Welkinweir

Welkinweir was definitely the venue of my dreams! I was planning my wedding about a month and a half in advance and I knew I wanted in to be during October and held outdoors. However, apparently that is now the new popular month (news to me!) and most places I found were already booked. After weeks of scouring the internet I happened upon Welkinweir and knew it would be perfect! At that time they still had almost open availability...however, if news gets out about this place I think they will start to fill up VERY quickly.
    The setting is absolutely picture perfect! I don't think you could take a bad photo here if you tried! The estate house is beautiful and guests are ushered through the front door to drop off gifts and then taken out back to see the grounds. We got married in front of an old barn stone wall that was stunning and created a natural stage for the wedding party to be easily seen. It even overlooked a beautiful lake. Seriously, the beauty of this place is stunning. It's set far back into the countryside so you will never here a plane, train or automobile...just a few geese honking as they flew overhead.
    They also have a beautiful "Plan B" which was very important to us. It is held under the reception tent and overlooks the lake and countryside as well. We had to use this for our rehearsal but thankfully our wedding day was gorgeous! If not, this still would have been a very acceptable option.
    I would also like to give a BIG shout out to Vicki Laubach! She was my go-to person throughout this entire process and she is amazing! She was very quick to answer my questions and help me with anything I needed. One thing I had always imagined was paper lanterns hanging from the reception tent. Vicki was able to give me special consideration to come in during "off" hours to hang these and take them down after the wedding. I will forever be grateful to her!
    My wedding has only been two weeks ago but I already miss this place! I can't wait to visit again!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Erin · Married on 05/30/2015

Vicky is very kind, professional, and flexible. The estate and gardens were beautiful and she helped assist the other vendors on the ceremony day. Being that the ceremony was outdoors, having the "Plan B" tent option was very important to us. Perfect for weddings of 150 or less. This venue is gorgeous and deserves 5 stars! Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Julia · Married on 09/27/2014

In my opinion, Welkinweir is the most beautiful venue in the area...I might be a bit biased though.

Sent on 10/06/2014