2008 W. Roscoe Street, Chicago, IL 60618 Map · Phone number

About Volo Restaurant Wine Bar

Volo Restaurant Wine Bar features Chef Stephen Dunne’s New American cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients and wine pairing. An innovative approach to ordering sets Volo apart, making enjoying wine easy, accessible and un-intimidating. Volo provides a perfect setting for intimate wedding ceremonies, cocktail style receptions and unique rehearsal dinners.

• Chicago Theater Works
0d5a1c51c6d1eea3 1194446135434 VoloWeddingOct2007001

3 Reviews for Volo Restaurant Wine Bar

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/08/2009

We had many questions prior to booking our event at Volo and allow the way up to the wedding. Obviously, we had an image of our event in mind and wanted Volo to pull it off. They did! The venue was decorated the way we wanted, the food (hors d'hoeuvres, carving station, and desserts) and drinks were great. Our guests loved the intimate setting and thought Volo was such a nice spot for a wedding. We have some many great memories thanks to the owner, Jon Young, and staff at Volo.

Sent on 09/05/2009

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2008

We had our ceremony and reception at Volo, and everything went by without a problem! Jon, the owner, was extremely accomodating and the staff was very attentive. My guests (about 40) were treated great and I doubt that any wine glass was ever empty! The food was tasty and each item had a special flair. All of my guests said it was lovely and the best wedding they'd been to in ages. If you are seeking a small, intimate, special event location, this is it! Also, now we have a special restaurant where we can keep going back to whenever we want to celebrate again!

Sent on 06/12/2008
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 09/25/2010

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

We had our wedding at Volo in September 2010. The service, ambience and food was great. But I want to caution anyone getting married here that if you plan to use your own iPod playlist as the music, you may encounter problems with the sound system.

We found that the music wasn't loud enough to support a dance party in the barn during the reception. This was a major bummer because I (the bride) love to dance.

I had asked the staff about this prior to the wedding and was told that no one had encountered problems using a playlist other than sometimes the sound levels of songs varied from one to the other but that if you had someone there to adjust the levels, we'd be fine.

That wasn't the case. We had a friend designated to making sure the music was adjusted but when we kept asking for her to turn it up, the message I got back was that a staff member had said "If she wanted it louder, she should have hired a DJ."

When we moved the dance party to the front of the restaurant, the sound levels were better, although not ideal. When I wrote to the owner after the wedding to raise the issue, he was apologetic, but said no one else had ever had this problem with a playlist.

I was surprised to hear this, so maybe it was a problem on our end, although my brother, who created the playlist, is very tech savvy and turned on the "soundcheck" feature and took other precautions to make sure the music was party-ready. (The playlist sounds great on my iPod!)

Anyway, for anyone who loves to dance and wants to have their wedding at Volo, I would recommend looking into this.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Volo Restaurant Wine Bar FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Planner
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Cocktail Reception
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)

• 2008 W. Roscoe Street Chicago, IL, 60618 See on map
    Location of (Volo Restaurant Wine Bar)