530F Grand Street, New York, NY 10002 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 3

About valeriebarnesfilm

I am intrigued by the backstory -- the story behind the realization of an idea, the creative process of an artist, or the blossoming of a romance.

I am compelled to create films that tell these stories. In order to do so, I carefully select from a palette of visual and audio elements. The elements I draw from are video, Super 8 film, Super 35 film, printed text, stock footage, conversations, music, ambient sounds, which are then woven together in a seamless fashion.

It is my intention to give you a film that is engaging, emotionally stirring and inspiring to anyone who watches.

Follow valeriebarnesfilm on

• Videos 3

21 Reviews for valeriebarnesfilm

Jade · Married on 08/11/2017

In a league of her own against the world of cheesy wedding films, Valerie does an incredible job of capturing exactly who you are in your video. She takes the time to get to know you and this is perfectly reflected in her end product. Perhaps most impressive is our guests had no idea she was filming, as such she was able to capture real moments beautifully. Top notch, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Gina · Married on 10/01/2016

Valerie is an artist and looks lightyears beyond the cookie cutter wedding video. Her priority is to create a unique and personalized memory of the wedding couple. Valerie was such a pleasure to be with on my wedding day, and you really do spend all day together, which is not something a lot of brides think about beforehand. There were times I forgot Valerie was there, which is the highest compliment because it allowed my footage be natural and really capture the moment. Thank you, Valerie!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2016

I loved working with Valerie and would highly recommend her for any event. She and her team were inconspicuous at our rehearsal dinner and wedding, and did an amazing job with the final product. She sent us all the raw footage she had prior to editing so that we could have everything on file, and then did a beautiful job editing, doing a great job of keeping our musical tastes in mind. She was also incredibly patient as I wasn't the best with responding to email in a timely fashion. Highly professional and talented! Would definitely hire her again!

Sent on 07/06/2017

• Tammy Golson Events
    Tammy Golson Events Wedding Planners

Valerie and her team of film makers document, edit and produce the most magnificent wedding videos. She is an expert in her field and on the top of my list, when couples inquire. I'll be sharing our most recent collaboration on my blog this week. Check out her work, it speaks volumes. Valerie has a gift and is as kind as she is talented.

• 530F Grand Street New York, 10002 See on map