Tyler Varnell - Saxophone + Piano + DJ/Emcee

Newport Beach, CA View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

As seen in People Magazine and Sports Illustrated, Tyler Varnell's specialty is performing on Saxophone, Piano, and DJ/Emceeing for luxury weddings and events, all in one package, fully covering your big day :)

Nationally ranked in WeddingWire's Top 5% and The Knot's Top 4% of wedding musicians, Tyler performs at California's top venues including Disneyland, Mercedes Benz, LA Live, Pelican Hill Resort, Disney Concert Hall, Four Seasons, and Ritz Carlton Resorts.

• "If you want beautiful ceremony music, tearful father daughter dances, or unforgettable reception dance parties, Tyler does it all at a serious pro level." - Matt D.
  • "Best money we spent on our wedding! I can't even tell you how beyond thrilled my husband and I are about the amazing job Tyler did performing at our wedding." - Sarah A.

SAXOPHONE + PIANO + DJ/EMCEE --- FULL DAY WEDDING EXPERIENCE --- $5,000+

1 - Pre-Ceremony --- Live piano or saxophone sets the tone as your guests arrive

2 - Ceremony --- Walk down the aisle to your favorite songs performed live on Saxophone or Piano :)

3 - Cocktail Hour --- Upbeat Top 40 hits on saxophone definitely gets the party started!

4 - Reception --- Tyler's award-winning DJing & Emceeing keeps the dance floor filled, with live saxophone & piano performances for your First Dance, Parent Dances, dinner music, & more! We can get creative :)

5 - Dancing --- At the end of the night, wowing your guests with surprise saxophone appearances on the dance floor is always super fun & definitely memorable! (see videos)

6 - Equipment --- Tyler provides all professional grade sound & lighting, fully covering your big day, all in one package :)

ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

• As seen in People Magazine and Sports Illustrated
  • Awards: TheKnot "Hall of Fame," WeddingWire Couples Choice, GigSalad "Top Performer," TheBash "Best of"
  • 4-Year Music Scholarship, Lead Saxophonist - Pepperdine University Jazz Ensemble
  • Studied with Berklee School of Music

- - - - -

Featured photography by Lex and the Lotus, The Vondy's, Soul & Veil, Paper Moon Shoppe, Emry Photography, Jim Kennedy, Whitney Darling, Charissa Magno, Sara Ellen, Honey Photographs, and Jay Claus

- - - - -

“I am getting chills just thinking about it now, but the moment I heard him playing before I walked down the aisle, the emotion of the day hit me like a wave”

Classy, talented, and unforgettable, Tyler Varnell is the all-in-one package of live & DJ'd music for your big day :)

>>> To start the conversation, click "Message Vendor" <<<

Instagram @tylervarnell

Which of the following are included in the price?

Sound/PA System

Which of the following are included in the package?

Sound/PA System

Are you an agency or a band?

Band

How many musicians are in your band(s)?

1 - 3
4 - 6

What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?

Acoustic
Pop
R&B / Soul
Swing
Top 40

What music services do you provide?

Instrumentals
Karaoke Services
Rehearsal Dinner Music
Vocals
Willing to Travel

What items are available?

Lighting
Microphones
Projector

Jay T. Married on 06/18/2022

Elevation Station

Just WOW - Tyler Varnell's contribution to our wedding experience was even more than we could have ever imagined! In addition to being an incredibly talented musician (he can literally improv over anything), he was incredibly professional, responsive, flexible, and went above and beyond to make our wedding day a customized experience. For example, he effortlessly infused top 40s and classic Bollywood music (which he learned specifically for our event) into our cocktail hour, giving all of our guests something to be effusively excited about. This brought a fun yet sophisticated vibe to our cocktail hour. Additionally, he seamlessly coordinated a saxophone solo into our first dance, complimented the DJ with a few saxophone covers during dinner, and even hopped on the dance floor and tore it up with some solos during peak party energy. Tyler truly elevated our wedding experience and will forever be someone we gratefully and fondly remember when reflecting on our special day. His musically abilities and commitment to us as a couple were outstanding. Would 100% recommend to any couple who wants maximize their wedding's musical experience.
  • Marisa
    Marisa D. Married on 05/28/2022

Best DJ/Saxophonist/Pianist/Emcee/Party Dude EVER!

We just celebrated our wedding this past weekend and when I tell you Tyler was a hit, I mean he was a SMASHING SUCCESS!! All of our guests raved about him all evening and I continue to get texts from friends and family about how he was such a cool and unique touch. He was so kind and fun and accommodating through the entire planning process. And then day of he made everything run so smoothly. He emcee’d like a boss, killed it on the keyboard for our guests pre-ceremony and for our processional, and slayed the sax for our cocktail hour and our first dance. It was a dream. A true dream. And then the dance floor??? Don’t get me started. I was PUMPED!! And so were my guests! Tyler kept the party going and nobody (especially me) wanted it to end.

I have to add…when I first started checking out wedding vendors, I came across a review for Tyler in which a bride and groom said they CHANGED THEIR FREAKING WEDDING DATE because Tyler wasn’t available on their original date. Now I know why!! Book him. Book him now. No…book him yesterday! You will not regret it.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Tyler Varnell
Tyler Varnell
Owner / Lead Performer

As seen in Sports Illustrated and People Magazine, Tyler performs on Saxophone, Piano, DJ/Emcee's, and provides all sound and lighting equipment, creating an unforgettable experience for your wedding :)

Tyler's background includes receiving a 4-year music scholarship to perform for the Pepperdine University Jazz Ensemble, studying with Berklee School of Music, and touring on saxophone and piano throughout the U.S. and internationally.

In Southern California, Tyler has performed at luxury venues such as Disneyland, LA Live, Pelican Hill Resort, Saddlerock Ranch, Rancho Las Lomas, Monarch Beach Resort, Ritz-Carlton Resorts, and Walt Disney Concert Hall.

In his spare time, Tyler LOVES going on adventures with his beautiful wife Courtney, surfing, avidly rooting for the Seahawks, re-re-watching The Office, and renovating their new house together! :)

Newport Beach, Orange County Newport Beach, CA, 92660
Location of (Tyler Varnell - Saxophone + Piano + DJ/Emcee)

Other vendors in Orange County for your wedding