Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One Reviews

61 | Newport Beach, CA

61 Reviews for Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One

Victoria Chandler · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Wedding Sax Player and Reception DJ

Tyler was an absolute hit! Loved his live music at the ceremony and he was fantastic at our reception. I wish we could hang out with him all the time! Truly talented! He is professional and made our day so special. You will not regret having him for any event! We love you Tyler!

Sent on 12/02/2020

Emily Kearney · Married on 12/20/2020

Excellent DJ/Musician!

Tyler did an amazing job at our wedding! Tyler was a great communicator and he went above and beyond to reassure us that our wedding day would be perfect. Tyler is the perfect musician for your wedding or special event as he is the perfect blend of DJ and live musician. Everyone raved about the live saxophone at our wedding. It was the perfect addition to our special day. Tyler was also a great emcee. He kept the party going and our guests loved his friendly personality. I would highly recommend hiring Tyler for your wedding or private event!

Sent on 12/23/2020

Stephen R Graham · Married on 11/20/2020

Amazing! Absolutely the best DJ/emcee/and musical talent

Tyler rocks!!! One word to describe Tyler: INCREDIBLE! From our very first conversation Tyler was a pleasure to work with. He made the whole process so easy for us, and helped us to navigate things and timing that we had not even thought about, which made everything stress free. His musical talent is amazing, from elegant piano for our ceremony, to jaw dropping saxophone and rocking our dance party with his DJ set! Tyler's performance throughout the night blew our guests away. So many compliments were made about Tyler. I will say we had one little issue arise between the venue changing times on us, and it was going to be difficult for Tyler to set up everything in time. But Tyler took our hiccup and rolled with it and made the best of a tough situation. Professionalism, courtesy, and mind blowing talent are some great ways to describe our experience, which truly made our day special! Thank you Tyler!

Sent on 12/14/2020

Brittany S · Married on 09/27/2020

Game changer

Tyler was INCREDIBLE! From our first FaceTime meeting to the day of the wedding he was just great! He gave us confidence in that he knew what he was doing and our guests absolutely loved him! He took Covid precautions seriously & truly made our wedding the party we wanted! You’ll truly be missing out if you don’t hire Tyler!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Mina Youssef · Married on 09/20/2020

Simply put - tyler is amazing

Tyler is the man. Talent, Personality, and Professionalism beyond imagine. My man didn’t only play a list of some 40 English songs, no, he learned 3 separate arabic songs and played them FLAWLESSLY. As if he was a native. The sax can be described as an extension of tyler and he knows it soo well as if its part of his body. He stayed longer than he should’ve, probably cuz he enjoyed our company 😂 and cuz he cares about the overall feel of the event. Our wedding was elevated from classy to magnificent because of his touch. So many people thought that the sax was just an elegant element to the overall feel. Amazing Tyler.

Sent on 09/22/2020

Elizabeth Doan · Married on 09/12/2020

10/10 would recommended!

Tyler was wonderful to work with ! He cared about the details of our wedding, was easy to communicate with, and was on time! Our wedding guests admired his work, and he really set the ambiance for our wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2020

Christine · Married on 08/28/2020

One word.....WOW!

Are you debating whether or not to have a Saxophone player (Tyler) play at your wedding or event?! Wellllll, let me make it easy for you...DO IT!!! WOW! I had the privilege of seeing Tyler in action at one of my best friends wedding and as soon as I heard him play I KNEW I had to have him play at my wedding! And sure enough, 1 year later, my wedding rolls around and I reach out to Tyler. He is the kindest most professional most talented musician you’ll ever meet. He made our entertainment at our wedding! You can tell he has been working his magic for a very long time, his dedication to his skill is certainly obvious. And let me add, one thing I truly appreciate and am so grateful for is Tyler’s flexibility. Due to COVID, we had to postpone our wedding twice and not once did Tyler ever question or give me a hard time about it. I will recommend him to anyone and everyone. Thank you so much Tyler, you are truly amazing at your skill and you truly are an amazing person too!

Sent on 09/05/2020

Alicia Chavez · Married on 07/12/2020

Tyler is an Amazing Saxophone Player!!! Couldn’t have found anyone better to play at my wedding ceremony!!

Tyler recently played the saxophone at our wedding ceremony. He is very talented and an amazing saxophone player! We did not tell anyone he was going to play at our wedding, so it was a total surprise when our guests arrived, and they were all in awe of his performance (my husband and I could not agree more), and we still talk about it to this day! If you want to make a lasting impression on your wedding day, I highly recommend you contact Tyler and book him right away, I promise you will be glad that you did! Tyler was exceptional to work with!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Nicolette · Married on 04/18/2020

Best Saxophonist Ever!

Let me start by saying that Tyler Varnell is incredible! He is the most talented saxophonist I have ever worked with, and as a wedding coordinator, I have worked with many. It was an easy decision to have Tyler play at my husband and I's big day. Tyler was the star of the show and our guests could not stop raving about him. I highly recommend Tyler to anyone looking for a musician who not only is wonderful at their trade, but also a blast to work with leading up to the big day. Thank you Tyler for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 11/30/2020

Joseph Lenz · Married on 12/07/2019

Best part of our wedding

I'm not sure if you can find a guy to jazz up (no pun intended) your wedding or party any more than this guy right here. To this day (3 months after our wedding), I am still getting compliments about the small details of our wedding, but the most popular compliment I've received has been about our saxophone player, Tyler. He blew our crowd away with his talent during both our cocktail hour and then again during the reception. We hired a friend who DJ'd along side Tyler and their chemistry was seamless which made it very easy. He was great communicating with us the whole time, making sure he was on the same page with which vibe we wanted throughout certain parts of the night. He played everything from old school to new school and even ended with a song we requested him to learn days leading up to the event.

This guy is beyond talented and we will forever be grateful that we found him and hired him for our big day. He truly made it one to remember.

• Kami

Kami Kahwedjian · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing!

From the first conversation, to tips Tyler gave to make my event better, to the performance Tyler has been above and beyond outstanding! You made our event a night to remember, can’t thank you enough!!!!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • O

Olivia J · Married on 11/10/2019

Truly Talented

Tyler was amazing at our wedding! He played sax during our ceremony, piano during cocktail hour, and then DJ'ed during our reception (occasionally jumping in on the sax). We had food poisoning from the day before so we left our wedding early, but our guests all raved about Tyler, and I am still getting texts about how great he was. He is truly talented and I would hire him again.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel D Navarra · Married on 10/12/2019

Thank you Tyler!!

Tyler was definitely a highlight to our wedding. He made the experience unforgettable playing songs we all love! He was able to customize our first dance song with the addition of his sax and made the song all the more better. He kept the party going and got people on their feet. It was such a joy to see our guests, young and old, enjoy live music. Tyler is very easy to work with, professional and highly recommended. Thank you again Tyler!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One's reply:

Rachel!!!! Your wedding was insanely fun!!!!! Awesome pics haha! :) Thanks so much & big time congrats to you & Mo!!!
  • Daniel

Daniel Menkes Albek · Married on 09/22/2019

The ultimate wedding musician!

Hi, groom here, just got back from my honeymoon after our wedding a month ago.

My wife and I still can’t stop talking about how much we love Tyler, and neither can our guests. We feel so lucky that he was available for our special day, I can’t imagine it feeling more special or hiring anyone else for any event I ever do.

He is an incredible musician who is doing something he loves so his passion can be his work— you can really tell that he loves every moment. Tyler played saxophone during the cocktail hour and some of the important dances and piano for the aisle walks and the father-daughter dance, as well as DJing the party portion. If that wasn’t amazing enough, he would occasionally whip out the saxophone during the party, song permitting, and played along with the song on the dance floor. Absolutely breathtaking and just so cool!

I’m originally from Israel and sent a song to Tyler that is from my country and is about 30 years old, and told him that I’m not expecting anything but if this can somehow be played during the dance with my mom(I’m the groom) it would be incredible. Tyler began the song and, a couple verses in, came in with the saxophone solo and I just completely lost it. Beyond beautiful, words can’t do that moment justice. The effort that Tyler put in to make sure this day was perfect is something I can’t overstate. From the tremendous musical skill and intuition, to the customization, to the personal care for our wishes and flawless MCing of our wedding, Tyler Varnell is a absolute no-brainer. If he’s unavailable, delay your wedding to a day he is. Trust me.

• Katherine

Katherine Curtis · Married on 07/06/2019

Our favorite vendor!

I can’t rave about Tyler enough! He was totally the hit of our wedding! From the beginning, Tyler was very professional and personable. You can tell he loves what he does and put 150% effort into making our day perfect! He even learned a few new songs just to fit with our song selection. We had so many people complimenting us about our “sax man,” even the catering staff! Tyler truly went above and beyond to make sure we, and our guests, had an amazing night. I cannot recommend Tyler more. We’ve already had 2 guests ask us for his contact info for an upcoming wedding and even a holiday party! Tyler, thank you so much for making our wedding day just perfect!

• Colleen

Colleen Smith · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing addition to your special day

Tyler is amazing!! We booked him the whole night with piano music!! He made a great mix of classical music and pop hits! My drunk wedding crowd enjoyed karaoke with him afterwards with many special requests!! Tyler is a great addition to anyone’s special day!!

Merissa Mathews · Married on 06/09/2019

Tyler brought an amazing element to our wedding.

We highly recommend having an element of live music at your wedding and Tyler is the perfect guy for the job. Tyler let us be as involved as we wanted to be and was able to pick up our vibe and improvise on a set list that fit our style. Everybody loved him at the wedding and had nothing but nice things to say. We even had multiple guests ask for his information to hire him for future events. He was very involved with phone calls and was accountable on the day of our wedding. We didn't have to tell him much, he automatically knew where to go and what to do and so forth. During our wedding ceremony, there was such a level of depth that was brought and the guests had so much fun and were very entertained. Thank you so much Tyler for the amazing energy you brought to our wedding and for making it such an unforgettable day

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Edwards · Married on 06/07/2019

Honestly the best addition to our wedding!

Tyler was so amazing! He was my first vendor that I booked and he was my favorite! Tyler played the saxophone for our ceremony, cocktail hour AND did multiple sax-solos throughout the reception. He was a huge hit for all of our guests! We are still getting compliments on how much people loved him. He has a wide variety of songs to choose from on his song list AND he even customized our first dance song. I would seriously recommend him to ANYONE looking for live entertainment.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Garcia · Married on 05/25/2019

John Garcia Event painter

Tyler is beyond professional, I got all the feels every time Tyler played during the reception.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Sandra · Married on 05/25/2019

The very best, in small ways and all ways!

We first saw and heard Tyler at a Bridal Show in Anaheim. He stopped us in our tracks. He played during the fashion show and brought my new daughter-in-law to tears.
    I contacted him and easily arranged for him to play at their wedding in San Diego. He was punctual,professional and personable. We all love him and can’t wait to use him again soon.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Kelli Sievers · Married on 05/25/2019

So great!!

Tyler was absolutely amazing! He played the saxophone at our wedding in May - pre ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour and we still get so many compliments from our guests on how incredible Tyler was.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Dean

Dean Rovinelli · Married on 05/04/2019

Couldn’t be happier!!!

Tyler really made our wedding more fun and special. So many guests commented on how great he was. His performances were top notch. From a behind the scenes perspective, Tyler was able to go with the flow and make little changes on the fly to keep the atmosphere alive and energetic. Put those two things together and you can't go wrong, plus he was professional and on top of things throughout the entire process.

• BEGUM

BEGUM · Married on 05/03/2019

The best person and the music you can possibly have for your wedding!!!

My husband and I got married about 10 days ago. Tyler played saxophone before the ceremony, during the ceremony, cocktail hour and some songs during the dinner as well. He is really the BEST! In so many ways... First of all, he is really accommodating. Since day one, he made sure to understand what we want and also he delivered EXACTLY WHAT WE DISCUSSED!! Thanks to him, our wedding was really magical, romantic but also so much fun! After the wedding, every single person told us how great was the music and they really liked Tyler. The music was great, he was great, his help was great and overall working with him and getting to know him was great! Thank you so much, Tyler for making our wedding magical!! It absolutely wouldn't be the same without you!!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Begum! :) We definitely had a lot of fun moments and I'm so glad I could join you two!! Big time congrats to you & Michael!!! :)
  • Cassidy

Cassidy Nicholas · Married on 03/23/2019

Best decision of my wedding!!!!!

Tyler is amazing!! He played during our ceremony and it could not have been more perfect. He works with you before to find the right songs and is just so classy and fun before, during and after the whole experience. Highly recommend!!!

Tioshme · Married on 03/09/2019

Tyler Is Your Guy!!!!

Tyler was amazing! Everyone loved him. He surpassed our expectations starting from the very beginning. He was on top of everything and his overall performance on our special day just made it that more special.

Sent on 04/16/2019