Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One Reviews

52 | Newport Beach, CA

52 Reviews for Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One

Joseph Lenz · Married on 12/07/2019

Best part of our wedding

I'm not sure if you can find a guy to jazz up (no pun intended) your wedding or party any more than this guy right here. To this day (3 months after our wedding), I am still getting compliments about the small details of our wedding, but the most popular compliment I've received has been about our saxophone player, Tyler. He blew our crowd away with his talent during both our cocktail hour and then again during the reception. We hired a friend who DJ'd along side Tyler and their chemistry was seamless which made it very easy. He was great communicating with us the whole time, making sure he was on the same page with which vibe we wanted throughout certain parts of the night. He played everything from old school to new school and even ended with a song we requested him to learn days leading up to the event.

This guy is beyond talented and we will forever be grateful that we found him and hired him for our big day. He truly made it one to remember.

• Kami

Kami Kahwedjian · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing!

From the first conversation, to tips Tyler gave to make my event better, to the performance Tyler has been above and beyond outstanding! You made our event a night to remember, can’t thank you enough!!!!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • O

Olivia J · Married on 11/10/2019

Truly Talented

Tyler was amazing at our wedding! He played sax during our ceremony, piano during cocktail hour, and then DJ'ed during our reception (occasionally jumping in on the sax). We had food poisoning from the day before so we left our wedding early, but our guests all raved about Tyler, and I am still getting texts about how great he was. He is truly talented and I would hire him again.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel D Navarra · Married on 10/12/2019

Thank you Tyler!!

Tyler was definitely a highlight to our wedding. He made the experience unforgettable playing songs we all love! He was able to customize our first dance song with the addition of his sax and made the song all the more better. He kept the party going and got people on their feet. It was such a joy to see our guests, young and old, enjoy live music. Tyler is very easy to work with, professional and highly recommended. Thank you again Tyler!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One's reply:

Rachel!!!! Your wedding was insanely fun!!!!! Awesome pics haha! :) Thanks so much & big time congrats to you & Mo!!!
  • Daniel

Daniel Menkes Albek · Married on 09/22/2019

The ultimate wedding musician!

Hi, groom here, just got back from my honeymoon after our wedding a month ago.

My wife and I still can’t stop talking about how much we love Tyler, and neither can our guests. We feel so lucky that he was available for our special day, I can’t imagine it feeling more special or hiring anyone else for any event I ever do.

He is an incredible musician who is doing something he loves so his passion can be his work— you can really tell that he loves every moment. Tyler played saxophone during the cocktail hour and some of the important dances and piano for the aisle walks and the father-daughter dance, as well as DJing the party portion. If that wasn’t amazing enough, he would occasionally whip out the saxophone during the party, song permitting, and played along with the song on the dance floor. Absolutely breathtaking and just so cool!

I’m originally from Israel and sent a song to Tyler that is from my country and is about 30 years old, and told him that I’m not expecting anything but if this can somehow be played during the dance with my mom(I’m the groom) it would be incredible. Tyler began the song and, a couple verses in, came in with the saxophone solo and I just completely lost it. Beyond beautiful, words can’t do that moment justice. The effort that Tyler put in to make sure this day was perfect is something I can’t overstate. From the tremendous musical skill and intuition, to the customization, to the personal care for our wishes and flawless MCing of our wedding, Tyler Varnell is a absolute no-brainer. If he’s unavailable, delay your wedding to a day he is. Trust me.

• Katherine

Katherine Curtis · Married on 07/06/2019

Our favorite vendor!

I can’t rave about Tyler enough! He was totally the hit of our wedding! From the beginning, Tyler was very professional and personable. You can tell he loves what he does and put 150% effort into making our day perfect! He even learned a few new songs just to fit with our song selection. We had so many people complimenting us about our “sax man,” even the catering staff! Tyler truly went above and beyond to make sure we, and our guests, had an amazing night. I cannot recommend Tyler more. We’ve already had 2 guests ask us for his contact info for an upcoming wedding and even a holiday party! Tyler, thank you so much for making our wedding day just perfect!

• Colleen

Colleen Smith · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing addition to your special day

Tyler is amazing!! We booked him the whole night with piano music!! He made a great mix of classical music and pop hits! My drunk wedding crowd enjoyed karaoke with him afterwards with many special requests!! Tyler is a great addition to anyone’s special day!!

Merissa Mathews · Married on 06/09/2019

Tyler brought an amazing element to our wedding.

We highly recommend having an element of live music at your wedding and Tyler is the perfect guy for the job. Tyler let us be as involved as we wanted to be and was able to pick up our vibe and improvise on a set list that fit our style. Everybody loved him at the wedding and had nothing but nice things to say. We even had multiple guests ask for his information to hire him for future events. He was very involved with phone calls and was accountable on the day of our wedding. We didn't have to tell him much, he automatically knew where to go and what to do and so forth. During our wedding ceremony, there was such a level of depth that was brought and the guests had so much fun and were very entertained. Thank you so much Tyler for the amazing energy you brought to our wedding and for making it such an unforgettable day

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Edwards · Married on 06/07/2019

Honestly the best addition to our wedding!

Tyler was so amazing! He was my first vendor that I booked and he was my favorite! Tyler played the saxophone for our ceremony, cocktail hour AND did multiple sax-solos throughout the reception. He was a huge hit for all of our guests! We are still getting compliments on how much people loved him. He has a wide variety of songs to choose from on his song list AND he even customized our first dance song. I would seriously recommend him to ANYONE looking for live entertainment.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Garcia · Married on 05/25/2019

John Garcia Event painter

Tyler is beyond professional, I got all the feels every time Tyler played during the reception.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Sandra · Married on 05/25/2019

The very best, in small ways and all ways!

We first saw and heard Tyler at a Bridal Show in Anaheim. He stopped us in our tracks. He played during the fashion show and brought my new daughter-in-law to tears.
    I contacted him and easily arranged for him to play at their wedding in San Diego. He was punctual,professional and personable. We all love him and can’t wait to use him again soon.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Kelli Sievers · Married on 05/25/2019

So great!!

Tyler was absolutely amazing! He played the saxophone at our wedding in May - pre ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour and we still get so many compliments from our guests on how incredible Tyler was.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Dean

Dean Rovinelli · Married on 05/04/2019

Couldn’t be happier!!!

Tyler really made our wedding more fun and special. So many guests commented on how great he was. His performances were top notch. From a behind the scenes perspective, Tyler was able to go with the flow and make little changes on the fly to keep the atmosphere alive and energetic. Put those two things together and you can't go wrong, plus he was professional and on top of things throughout the entire process.

• BEGUM

BEGUM · Married on 05/03/2019

The best person and the music you can possibly have for your wedding!!!

My husband and I got married about 10 days ago. Tyler played saxophone before the ceremony, during the ceremony, cocktail hour and some songs during the dinner as well. He is really the BEST! In so many ways... First of all, he is really accommodating. Since day one, he made sure to understand what we want and also he delivered EXACTLY WHAT WE DISCUSSED!! Thanks to him, our wedding was really magical, romantic but also so much fun! After the wedding, every single person told us how great was the music and they really liked Tyler. The music was great, he was great, his help was great and overall working with him and getting to know him was great! Thank you so much, Tyler for making our wedding magical!! It absolutely wouldn't be the same without you!!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Tyler Varnell - Saxophone, Piano, DJ All-In-One's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Begum! :) We definitely had a lot of fun moments and I'm so glad I could join you two!! Big time congrats to you & Michael!!! :)
  • Cassidy

Cassidy Nicholas · Married on 03/23/2019

Best decision of my wedding!!!!!

Tyler is amazing!! He played during our ceremony and it could not have been more perfect. He works with you before to find the right songs and is just so classy and fun before, during and after the whole experience. Highly recommend!!!

Tioshme · Married on 03/09/2019

Tyler Is Your Guy!!!!

Tyler was amazing! Everyone loved him. He surpassed our expectations starting from the very beginning. He was on top of everything and his overall performance on our special day just made it that more special.

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Kim

Kim Chi Deo · Married on 03/02/2019

Beyond amazing!

Tyler was beyond AMAZING at our wedding ceremony and reception. All of our guests continue to rave and talk about his saxophone and piano performances. He was professional, on point, and helped us create a unique playlist for our reception. Everything was perfect and we highly recommend him to anyone who needs a musician and DJ for their special events.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Judy Castaneda · Married on 03/01/2019

Saxophone / Piano

Tyler’s performance was phenomenal! A valuable addition to any wedding ceremony and reception. The live music component is great way to keep your guests entertained and Tyler is the ultimate performer.

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 02/16/2019

Out of a fairytale!

My husband and I dreamed of having a saxophone at our wedding ever since we talked about our first dance being “Strip it down” by Luke Bryan, We just never knew it would actually be possible! We contacted so many different vendors but none of them had the style and sound we were looking for our wedding. We almost gave up until after much searching we discovered Tyler and his lovely YouTube videos. I almost cried when we found him! I messaged him and instantly received a response and we set up a time to talk. Tyler was so easy going and opened to anything my husband and I asked about, from the style in music to the timeline and to even learning the song we so desired to have our first dance to! Tyler was very professional and easy to reach when ever it was that we had any questions or changes in our 200 guest timeline. The day of our wedding came and it was right out of a fairytale. I mean this when I say it, without Tyler at our wedding it would not have been what it was that day. He was the cherry on top! We received soooo many compliments and everyone loved him! All my little nieces couldn’t stop staring at him, they were in awe at how amazing he was. I recommend Tyler to anyone who loves a good time and loves compliments! Thank you Tyler, you made our wedding day PERFECT!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • W

Winston Suyanto · Married on 02/09/2019

Great experience

Had little expectations coming in but he totally exceeded all of them! All the guests commented about him and he was the highlight of the engagement party!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Dong · Married on 02/02/2019

4 thumbs up!

Tyler is awesome! The best ever! His saxophone is mesmerizing and entertaining - a must for cocktail hour. His work ethic is incomparable. From the first appointment to the day of, Tyler worked feverishly guiding us step by step coordinating with our coordinator and other vendors to produce what our guests called a "unique and romantic" experience. We definitely recommend Tyler with 4 thumbs up!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Aida Mambreian · Married on 01/09/2019

Talented Musician!

I recently worked with Tyler on a mutual client's wedding for which I was coordinating. The client had many wonderful ideas and many moving elements in regards to the music that would be playing that evening. Not only did Tyler's performances leave us all in awe of his talents but what was most important to me as the lead coordinator for the client's entire event was his professionalism, his knowledge, and most importantly - his communication! As a coordinator, communication is key to running a smooth event and between the desires of the client and the reality of possibilities, Tyler and I were able to communicate what needed to be done to make things happen.
    I look forward to referring Tyler's talent to my clients!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • W

Wade Critides · Married on 12/31/2018

Exceptional!

Tyler was an unbelievable add o our big day! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/13/2019

Norma · Married on 10/07/2018

Spectacular!

Tyler was spectacular! All my guests were in love with him and his talent!! He was punctual and dressed professional for the event. THK U TYLER!!!

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Margaret

Margaret A Lightner · Married on 09/20/2018

Thee sax man

Tyler is one of the most gifted musicians I've ever met. He absolutely loves his art and that shows through his performances and playing. He genuinely wants to share his passion with other people and he is such a joy to be around.
    His attention to detail and perfecting his craft is extremely respectable and impressive. He works hard to ensure he meets all of your needs and goals for your event. I highly recommend Tyler for any of your music needs, he is the life of the party! Thanks for creating such a fun atmosphere Tyler!

Sent on 10/18/2018