772 Kings Highway West Building A., Southport, CT 06890 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

Other couples have also viewed

• Leslie Scotto Events, LLC
  • Laura Boulton Events, LLC
  • Becky McDermott Interiors & Weddings
  • The Event Of A Lifetime, Inc.
957a508c2f941ab6 1526126612 751a1824d06ec82e 1526126610 a60e4cb4a2238e22 152612
Wedding arch
957a508c2f941ab6 1526126612 751a1824d06ec82e 1526126610 a60e4cb4a2238e22 152612

51 Reviews for True Event

Sheila M. · Married on 07/20/2019

True Event - Truly the BEST!

It is my pleasure to submit this review of the performance of Sarah, Caitlin and the staff of True Event whose collective efforts as planners of the recent wedding of my daughter, Ashley, at Hilldeen in Manchester, Vermont produced an unqualified triumph and a truly memorable day for all in attendance.

My late husband, Ashley’s father, had promised her the wedding of her dreams and she had, over time, created a vivid and richly-detailed vision of the event that Sarah ‘magically’ made real for her. I ran my own catering company for twelve years and planned my share of weddings; I am well aware that Sarah’s graceful and seemingly effortless execution of the entire extravaganza was, in reality, the result of assiduous attention to detail, tireless preparation and contingency planning and a wonderful capacity for collaboration and communication. She juggled the often conflicting priorities of the bride, the site planners, the hotel event staff and literally dozens of other vendors, while subtly nudging them all toward a coherent team effort with charm and finesse. I know from professional experience how much hard work goes into making things look easy.

Often, it’s the little touches that leave lasting impressions and fond memories. In the final, hectic minutes before we left the house for the ceremony, it was discovered that one of the wedding party did not have his specially matched tie (all of the ties had been ordered months in advance and couldn’t be replaced.) Sarah made a matching tie “materialize” out of thin air ; always “Be Prepared” for any eventuality. She had saved a spare. Moments later, as we awaited the arrival of the shuttle, she noticed that my son, who was perspiring freely in the 90 degree heat, was in need of tee shirt to protect his dress shirt, she raced off and bought him one. A true pro...a great company!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Katy M. · Married on 07/09/2019

A dream to work with from start to finish!

My husband and I worked with True Event to plan our wedding in September and we simply cannot say enough good things about the experience. From my first planning call with Caitlin, I knew I had made the right decision and that we were in the best of hands. Heading into the planning process, I was worried about being overwhelmed by the seemingly endless number of vendors and decisions, and Caitlin alleviated those concerns immediately. She struck exactly the right balance between getting to know my husband and I and understanding our style, while also using her experience and expertise to guide us in the right direction, ultimately landing on a set of vendors and style choices that would be a perfect reflection of us in the final event.

Throughout the process, I looked forward to my weekly calls with Caitlin immensely. She is such a wonderfully kind person, is incredibly organized and knowledgeable about every step of the process, and also has a very calming presence that consistently saved me from feeling overwhelmed or stressed out. She was extremely proactive and organized about coordinating with vendors, and knew exactly when to loop me in while making sure I never felt overwhelmed. The few weeks leading up to the wedding coincided with an incredibly busy time at work and I genuinely don’t know what I would have done without her.

The wedding weekend itself was, quite simply, flawless. My husband and I (and many of our guests!!) have said about a million times since that we wish we could go back and re-live it over and over again. From the moment we arrived at the venue, Caitlin and her team were there making sure everything was on track, so that all we had to do was relax and and not think about a single thing other than celebrating with each other and our friends and family. The entire weekend flowed beautifully, the decor choices were stunning, and we heard from so many of our guests that it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and I think a large part of that is due to Caitlin and True Event. They were an absolute joy to work with from start to finish, and I would recommend them wholeheartedly and without reservation!

Sent on 06/07/2020

Elle · Married on 09/29/2018

We wouldn't change a thing - it was perfect!

Where do I even begin?! Sarah and her team are AMAZINGGGGG. My vision for the wedding was all over the place and Sarah was able to hear what I wanted (and what I didn't want) and assemble the BEST vendors for the job. Her incredible sense of design and calm (but FUN) nature produced the most gorgeous and flawlessly executed event. I didn't see her all night because we never left the dance floor but our guests kept raving about how perfect the night was - we agree!!! Sarah removed all the wedding stress and made our wedding SO perfect, I want her to design and plan every part of my life :)

Sent on 10/26/2018

True Event FAQ

• What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Real Wedding

• Denise Cregier Photographer Wedding Photographers

Elegant, vibrant, innovated and dedicated. Great to have on your!

• ToriaDolce Fine Desserts & Wedding Cakes
    ToriaDolce Fine Desserts & Wedding Cakes Wedding Cakes

Sarah is a lady through and through and her abundance of creativity never seems to end.....her parties and events are always lavish, but not too over the top, with a whole lot of class included.......you will love working with her and her pleasant, outgoing personality is refreshing!! Victoria Kenyon, ToriaDolce Fine Desserts & Wedding Cakes

• 772 Kings Highway West Building A. Southport, 06890 See on map