20 Cypress Street, South Weymouth, MA 02190 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Thomas A. Welch

A wedding is such a profound moment in the lives, and relationship, of two people, that the ceremony also should be thoughtful, reflective, and personalized. It would be a pleasure for me to assist you in the planning for such an important occasion. I have officiated at scores of weddings over the years; yet, each being unique and deserving of complete care and attention.

I am happy to accommodate the wishes of couples who come to me. Whether it is a simple ceremony or one that is more elaborate and formal, secular, spiritual, religious, interreligious, or Celtic or native in form, I will work to make it perfect for you. I embrace diversity of all sorts and celebrate the specialness of commitment in all loving relationships.

Whether your setting is ocean side or by a lake; in a meadow or on a mountain ledge, or, in the more traditional setting of chapel or banquet hall, I am most eager to welcome you and to work with you.

Follow Thomas A. Welch on

Thomas A. Welch 2
Thomas A. Welch 3
Thomas A. Welch 4

Lori · Married on 09/23/2018

Our consultation with Thomas was great. We immediately knew that we wanted him to be the officiant for our ceremony. He shared with us how he goes through the ceremony and we were able to put together exactly how we want our day to be. Our wedding isn’t until September 2018, but I know we made the right choice with Thomas Welch. Professional, caring and I almost cried just listening to how perfect the ceremony sounded when he was going through the details.

Sent on 12/15/2017
  • Lena

Lena · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfect for us!

Thomas Welch was the perfect officiant for our August 2018 Boston wedding. We met with at least 3 different officiants beforehand and just followed our gut.
    I contacted Mr. Welch through wedding wire and heard back almost immediately and arranged to meet at his house. I was sold the second Mr, Welch answered my (now) husband's first question about how much time the ceremony was going to take. He said "22 and 1/2 minutes."
    LOVED IT! He was able to recite pretty much any and every part of the ceremony by heart which made us feel incredibly reassured.
    We received some readings and other helpful materials and emailed back and forth just a few more times before the ceremony with questions and finalizing readings and our vows.
    The day of, everything went smoothly and we could not have wished for a better person marrying us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,
    Lena & Robert

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Thomas A. Welch 5
    Thomas A. Welch 6
    Thomas A. Welch 7
    Thomas A. Welch 8
  • Kristen

Kristen Colligan · Married on 08/08/2018

Look no further- you've found the perfect one!!

I assume that you're looking for a Justice of the Peace (you're here, after all- and Tom is the perfect one for you). No matter what you are looking for; he's the man for the job!! Are you wanting a simple, legal union of two souls or an elaborate, formal affair? Tom is your guy. Are you scatterbrained and disorganized, with no idea of what you want (as I was) or do you know exactly what you have in mind? Tom is there to walk through your journey with you!
    I firmly believe that Tom is the man who can fit/meet any of your needs; he's patient, attentive and flexible, with an easy-going nature from start to finish. Looking for someone who is well versed in both traditional and/or religious ceremonies? Or maybe something a little more modern/different? Tom is still the Justice of the peace that you will want to work with. He's performed many ceremonies with culturally specific expression; Asian, African, Indian and Jewish to name a few- many a wedding celebrated under a chuppah, with signing of ketuba and breaking of the glass.
    He was an absolute godsend for this first time bride! Most of all I loved the light and life that this gentleman emitted from start to finish. Any jitters or nerves will be soothed as you come to see that he truly loves this work and is absolutely TOPS at it to boot.

Sent on 02/14/2019

Thomas A. Welch FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? MA