50 W Welsh Pool Road, Exton, PA 19341 Map · Phone number

About The Well Tied Knot

The Well Tied Knot is a wedding officiant company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, that specialize in working with interfaith, multicultural, and non-traditional couples. Since 2000, licensed officiant Michelle Weiss has been creating unique and non-cookie cutter wedding ceremonies that reflect a couple's personalities, love, and beliefs. Michelle is based in Philadelphia but is licensed in Washington, DC; Maryland; New Jersey; Washington; and West Virginia.

The Well Tied Knot leads ceremonies that are typically less than 30 minutes. Michelle works closely with couples from the first meeting to develop a relationship and plan a custom ceremony, complete with handwritten vows, if requested. She provides her services for non-religious ceremonies, single-religion ceremonies, interfaith ceremonies, civil unions, and vow renewals. Michelle can hold a rehearsal ahead of the big day. She has worked with non-denominational couples and couples of the following religions and belief systems:

• Agnostic

14232654101537300183459883048901171751479370n

5 Reviews for The Well Tied Knot

• Mandy

Mandy Homer · Married on 09/15/2019

A beautiful ceremony written just for us

My husband and I wanted a ceremony with zero religious mentions. We hadn’t expected it to be so difficult to find an officiant that would allow us to have our ceremony exactly how we wanted it until we stumbled upon Michelle. Ironically, after we had already started working with her, a coworker asked if I had an officiant and said if not we should use who she had at her wedding – turns out it was Michelle!

Michelle writes all of her ceremonies uniquely for each couple, which meant it could be however we wanted it. Other officiants have their script and hope you’ll fit into it. Michelle wanted ours to be unique and special to us. We met with her for a few drinks a couple of times so she could get to know us as a couple and see how we interact with each other. Each meeting, it felt like a casual hang out with a friend and we were truly ourselves – which enabled her to write the perfect ceremony for us! She really had an understanding of us, both as individuals and as a couple. A few weeks before the wedding, she shared her script with us so we could make any revisions or changes we wanted to ensure it was perfect.

Her ceremony was the perfect length, the perfect pace, and the perfect wording. Her speech was well spoken, elegant, romantic and funny. It was special and unique and we’ve already had so many people compliment us that it was beautifully said. She had suggestions and ideas of ways to make our ceremony unique and special, including a ceremony procedure so unique that our venue, DJ and photographer all said they had never seen before! Michelle made our wedding memorable and special and we are so grateful she was the person to wed us!

Sent on 09/22/2019

The Well Tied Knot's reply:

Truly, you are so thoughtful. Thank you for taking the time to write this incredibly kind review - working with you was a delight! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon, and I will be eager to share milestones with you over the years.

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

When you meet someone like Michelle, you know in an instant that you've met someone special. My now husband and I were looking for an officiant that could think outside the box with us. Someone that could take us as we are and create a ceremony that truly honored who we are as individuals and as a couple. Working with Michelle could not have been easier. We met roughly 3-4 times throughout the process so that we could get to know each other and work together to create exactly what we were looking for. She offered ideas and experience and truly listened to our thoughts and dreams. We could not be happier with the outcome. Our guests are still commenting about how thoughtful and heartfelt our ceremony was. Those who know us felt even more connected and those who maybe don't know us as well now have a better understanding of who we are. Michelle is incredibly talented at what she does and a true gem of a human. We are honored to have worked with her on our wedding ceremony and even more honored to know her.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Stephanie · Married on 11/05/2016

My fiance (now husband) and I needed an officiant that understood and could incorporate both of our cultures on our special day. He has a Hindu/ Catholic background and I am Jewish. Needless to say, making sure both of our cultures and religious backgrounds were incorporated within our ceremony was no easy feat. Well, along came Michelle. She was absolutely amazing! She was extremely knowledgeable about both of our backgrounds and our ceremony was perfect. If you are looking for something truly special, seek no further! Michelle took her time to get to know my husband and myself and even traveled up to New York to speak to us in person and begin to plan our ceremony. Our meetings did not stop there. We skyped, chatted on the phone, and even met face to face a few more times to ensure that our ceremony was not only flawless but something we would remember forever. Michelle was so caring and took care of every detail and really listened to us. On our wedding day, even with all our friends and family in the room, our ceremony felt intimate and really represented both my husband and myself. I could not have imagined having anyone else officiate our wedding and be such an integral part of our special day.

Sent on 03/30/2017

The Well Tied Knot FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 800.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? DC, MD, NJ, PA, WA, WV