2609 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98406 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9
  • Real Weddings 3

About The Wedding Bell

The Wedding Bell has been in business for over 69 years and is located at 2609 6th Avenue in Tacoma. The store has an interesting history. Mrs. Fontana was the original owner of The Wedding Bell, and she owned it for 47 years before she passed away. She kept newspaper clippings and photographs from every single bride during that time. Ask to see the albums when you visit. They are a unique insight into the history of Tacoma. It is our understanding that Mrs. Fontana even attended the weddings of all her brides and helped them get dressed. We routinely have Wedding Bell brides from 40, 50, even 60 years ago drop by with their daughters and grand-daughters. The Wedding Bell has changed ownership three times since then and is currently owned by Kim Miller. We deliver the individualized attention every bride deserves... So, come experience the difference of a full-service bridal boutique.

An appointment is strongly recommended. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are very busy in the salon, so we suggest making an appointment to guarantee that a consultant will be available to help you. If you're not quite sure of your schedule, give us a call to see if we have time for a walk-in appointment. We want to make your entire wedding experience as easy as saying "I do!" Come see for yourself how The Wedding Bell is different from other bridal salons!

Follow The Wedding Bell on

192 Reviews for The Wedding Bell

• Pavi

Pavi Elle Osborne · Getting married on 08/21/2021

Exciting and welcoming

I came in with a huge party of people and was welcomed with such an AMAZING staff, my consultant was wonderful and paid such great attention to me and what I really wanted. I cant wait to get my dress.

Sent on 10/08/2019

JOURDYN · Getting married on 05/16/2021

The Wedding Bell was the third dress store I had visited. I had already tried on 4-5 dresses at other places and was already dreading going again. I knew what I wanted but wasn't finding anything and started to feel discouraged.

My appointment was today, and I have to say I am so happy. My consultant, Shawna did an outstanding job. She listened to ALL the thing I was looking for in a dress. I told her I was worried because I am so picky. Never once was she pushy or persistent.

She was beyond thoughtful when pulling dresses for me, and chose dresses very similar to some of the pictures I had shown her. She clearly was doing a fantastic job, as other consultants kept peeking in our room to borrow dresses she had pulled! Shawna mentioned she had only been there for around 2 months, but you'd never be able to tell..... She seemed to have so much knowledge- and I'm blown away at how amazing my experience was. I had to tell her that I wasn't excited about dress shopping and was dreading the appointment before I got there.

I feel that the entire staff today was great, and very friendly. Aside from that, I loved Shawna as my consultant. It was the absolute best experience I have had with any I my vendors so far. I also appreciate how in contact the owner, Kim is with we store. I was able to make an appointment via email in less than an hour the same day!

Absolutely LOVE the wedding bell & can't wait to see my dress after alterations! I would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a special occasion outfit :).

Sent on 11/03/2012

The Wedding Bell's reply:

Thanks, Jourdyn, for the sweet review! Talk to you soon!

Kim
  • Natausha

Natausha · Married on 11/22/2019

I found my dress the first visit! Amazing place and people!

I couldn’t believe I actually said yes to the dress on my first visit with them! I told them what I wanted and they delivered it!! I am so beyond in love with my dress! The expierence I had with them was also amazing! I couldn’t be any happier with my choice to use the wedding bell!

Sent on 12/23/2018

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

The Wedding Bell FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    Under $500
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
  • What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?
    Under $200
    $200 - $499
  • What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?
    Under $100
    $100 - $199
    $200 - $299
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Cleaning
    Full Customization
    Preservation
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Tuxedo Rentals
    Tuxedos
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Weekly
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

Real Weddings

• Events on 6th Church Weddings

Gorgeous dresses, great selection, and very personalized service!

• Adam's DJ Service Wedding DJs

I know Kim and her team at The Wedding Bell do what it takes to make sure their clients get what they want for appearal at their events. Definitely worth checking out before making a decision on where you get your dress(es)!

• 2609 6th Avenue Tacoma, 98406 See on map
    2535900579 (Fax Number)
    Monday through Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    Location of (The Wedding Bell)