The Wayfarer

$9k - $14k For 100 Guests
Up to 100 guests

$9k - $14k For 100 Guests
Up to 100 guests

The Wayfarer is a wedding venue located in Langley, Washington. They are happy to host both your ceremony and reception in one of their indoor or outdoor sites. This destination venue is situated on South Whidbey Island about 45 minutes from Seattle, making them a convenient destination for all of your guests. The Wayfarer, part of Whidbey Island Weddings, can't wait to host your elegant affair on their 100-year-old farm.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples can accommodate up to 100 guests at this country-style venue. Your loved ones will be surrounded by rolling hills, a beautiful orchard and two barns as you say your “i do's.” If you prefer an indoor ceremony, you can exchange your vows in their bright, white-washed barn. For your reception, you can dance the night away under the stars, or party all night long in the white-washed barn. This reception barn features an exposed beam ceiling, bar and both indoor/outdoor space. It can also be used for your cocktail hour.

This full-service venue provides wedding coordination from beginning to end. Their experienced team along with their event coordinator will ensure your special day is everything you dreamed it to be. They'll help you with setup and cleanup, as well as styling aspects. They also allow you to bring in your own caterer and alcohol, ensuring your celebration is exactly how you envisioned it. Tables and chairs are included with your rental fee, along with tents and heaters, as needed. Additional services include:

• China
  • Restrooms
  • Lawn games
  • Portable speakers

Other Services

In addition to hosting traditional weddings, The Wayfarer is also happy to host offbeat elopements. Additional events they will hold include:

• Engagement party
  • Bridal shower
  • Rehearsal dinner

History

This family-owned farm is run by Kelly who moved to Whidbey Island 16 years ago. She fell in love with a historic 1913 farmhouse, set on five acres that they decided to call home. In 2011, they began hosting weddings on their beautiful property. After hostings hundred of events, they still love what they do. They pride themselves on making you happy, and making your day run smoothly, all while being behind the scenes.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Veteran-owned
  • Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$4,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$4,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$4,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$4,500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Event Planning
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Barn
Farm/Ranch
Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
Outside Alcohol
Signature Drink

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Decor
Lighting
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

May

4.7 out of 5 rating
    4.7 out of 5 rating

Megan L. Married on 09/22/2021

The. Best. Day. Ever.

I’ve always dreamed of a garden wedding with a beautiful white barn to getting married in. When we first started looking for venues I found the Wayfarer and knew this was the place. We had a few venues picked out but once we were at the Farm I couldn’t even remember the names of the other venues. I was in awe and it didn’t stop there.
    Kelly and Erica have made the most amazing experience possible for couples getting married. Communication was always quick and efficient, they answered all my questions, no matter how big or small. The attention to detail that they provide is above anything we could have expected.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It was the most romantic wedding and they made my dreams come true.
    We had Erica do our floral arrangements as well and they were stunning. The flowers lasted almost an entire week after the wedding. The bartender being included was great and the fact that they were able to set up and tear down everything without requiring family to have jobs at our wedding. We wanted to make sure everyone at the wedding was a guest and could fully enjoy it.
    Our day was absolutely perfect and went by in such a blur! If you are thinking of choosing the Wayfarer Farm for your wedding, trust me you will not regret it at all!
    Chrissy P. Married on 08/14/2021

Magical Wedding at the Wayfarer

Kelly and her amazing assistant Erica provided the most phenomenal wedding experience for my husband and I. Every step of the wedding planning process was seamless and having so much confidence in their team made it so much less stressful. Kelly was so accommodating, especially during the pandemic. I remember not being able to tour the Wayfarer due to the shutdown but she did an amazingly thorough ipad tour. She was super flexible with us trying to figure out our wedding date with coordination of all the wonderful vendors we wanted to work with. I remember watching Kelly’s ipad tour during the lockdown and getting those excited butterflies seeing the venue and knowing it was a special place. The moment my husband and I drove up to the Wayfarer and stepped outside into the arrival area, I could feel the magic of the Wayfarer - all the beautiful old trees, the diversity of the landscape. As I walked around the beautiful property, I just knew it was the place for us. I loved how organized Kelly was with a full timeline and a whole team to support the wedding and tend to the guests. Kelly has so much experience, expertise, knowledge, and to top it all off, her stunning artistic ability with florals sealed the deal for me!! Working with Erica on my floral vision and making all the decorations come to life was a super fun and easy process. The first time I saw my wedding bouquet, is a moment I will never forget. It was the most perfect, swoon worthy bouquet that was exactly like I dreamed, but even better! The way the flowers turned out the day of, was one of the best parts of the day for me. They provided so much support leading up the wedding… I felt like I had a professional wedding planner and day-of coordinator on top of the most talented florist all wrapped into one! Kelly made sure everything ran seamlessly the day of and she handled all the small last minute things with so much compassion and grace - she never missed a beat. My guests gave me so many compliments during the reception and afterwards about the beauty of the venue, the talent of the owner, the skill and kindness of the staff, and what a good time everyone had. My husband and I only look back on that day with love and magic. It was the perfect day and Kelly truly makes a difference in the lives of the couple’s whom she works with to provide them a perfect wedding that they will treasure forever. Endless gratitude to both Kelly and Erica - the dream team :)
    Katie S. Married on 07/10/2021

The most magical evening

I got married at the Wayfarer in July, and it was such a beautiful and low-stress experience. Through COVID postponement and uncertainty, Kelly and her team were communicative and easy to work with. My vision was elegant garden party vibe, and they absolutely nailed it. Kelly has everything you need for the day, which makes the process super seamless, but she is happy to incorporate your ideas, décor, etc. as well. We had some things brought in from off the island and she was accommodating and helpful in figuring out the logistics. I used Erica for the florals, and they were SO stunning. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful they were, too. It was a lovely evening and our guests really enjoyed the night as well. My only complaint is that it went by too quickly! Wish we could do it all again!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

The Quintessa on Whidbey Island The Quintessa on Whidbey Island Hotel Weddings

The Wayfarer is a beautiful venue with a large stock of wedding props giving you a most romantic and picturesque setting for your very special day! Kelly and her staff help you every step of the way with coordination, styling, and even floral arrangements making this a perfect day to enjoy with your family and friends! The Quintessa has often been the home base providing the lodging accommodations for the wedding party with the lovely Wayfarer as the wedding venue.

Marqui Artistry Marqui Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

The Wayfarer is a gorgeous wedding venue here on Whidbey. I have worked with many Wayfarer brides who have been exceedingly happy with their weddings there. Kelly is one of Whidbey’s best wedding coordinators and is always working hard to stay on the cutting edge of what’s hot in the wedding industry. Great venue, great staff, great vendor associates, beautiful weddings! Shopping for a wedding venue? Be sure to shop this one. Whidbey is a magical place and it’s so close to Seattle!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
5491 Bayview Rd Langley, WA, 98260
2064276109
Location of (The Wayfarer)

The Wayfarer frequently asked questions

The Wayfarer includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Tables
The bar service starting price at The Wayfarer includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • Champagne Toast
The space offered by The Wayfarer for wedding events is known for:
  • Barn
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Garden
The Wayfarer offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
The Wayfarer offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner
The Wayfarer offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Bar Services
  • Clean Up
  • Event Planner
  • Event Rentals
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Wifi
The Wayfarer offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Decor
  • Lighting
  • Tables
  • Tents
  • Tent Accessories
The Wayfarer is recommended by 92% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.6 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.7 in quality of service, 4.7 in value, 4.6 in average response time, 4.6 in flexibility and 4.6 in professionalism.

Other vendors in Seattle for your wedding

Wedding Venues