The Wayfarer Reviews

26 Reviews for The Wayfarer

• Katie

Katie · Married on 08/08/2020

Excellent Service

While my fiancé and I ended up selecting another venue that was better suited for some of our intangible needs, I felt compelled to write a review based on how fantastic my interactions with Kelly were. It was clear she was willing to go above and beyond to help coordinate my wedding day from afar (we are planning an out of state wedding). I definitely recommend working with The Wayfarer.

Sent on 01/30/2020

Hailey · Married on 09/07/2019

Such a great experience

Kelly and her team were amazing!! Our whole wedding day went so smooth because of them. My mom and I didn’t stress about a thing. Her supporting staff were so kind and AMAZING. Very grateful for Kelly and this beautiful venue, for helping make our wedding day so special and memorable.

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • F

Fallon · Married on 07/27/2019

Fabulous Venue and people!

Wow! I still can't get over my wedding and it was all to the staff at The Wayfarer with Whidbey Island Weddings! Kelly and Erica were a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding and especially the day of! They were very accommodating to my vision and I am so grateful for that. I also did my floral through them and it all turned out SO gorgeous, better than I had imagined in my mind. They are extremely organized.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Alisa · Married on 06/23/2018

The Whidbey Island Weddings team made our wedding day more than we ever could have hoped for. In the planning process, they were always there to answer even the smallest of questions and worked with us to create the wedding of our dreams. On the day of, all my fiancé and I had to do was arrive to the Wayfarer, say our vows, and dance the night away with our family and friends! The Whidbey Island Weddings team took care of all the details, which meant we could truly just enjoy our first day together as husband and wife. The venue was beautiful, flowers and decorations were perfect, and our guests loved the lawn games. If you're looking for a romantic, intimate venue, with an amazing team of people to make your dream come to life, the Wayfarer is for you.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Morgan · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married at Crockett Farm Sept 2017, and I can't praise the Kelly and her team at whidbey island weddings enough. They are absolute professionals, and the SWEETEST group of people you'll ever work with. They were so amazing to work with, answered all my (millions of) questions in a timely manner, welcomed my input and gave awesome suggestions when needed. Kelly is an amazing florist as well, and makes gorgeous wedding signs for you!! They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day ran smoothly and went exactly how we wanted. They were such advocates for Jon and I on the wedding day, I'm so grateful for Kelly and Erica for having my back, and turning their already gorgeous venue into the the wedding of our dreams!!! :-)

Sent on 10/24/2017

Noah · Married on 07/29/2017

We were married at the Wayfarer and we could not be happier with our wedding! The venue was amazing. Kelly and her team have experience hosting weddings at this venue and it shows. Everything ran like a well oiled machine. From the minute we got to the venue until send off, we didn't have a single care in the world. We had the venue supply flowers as well, and they were simply amazing. I would recommend the venue to anyone looking for a ~100 person wedding at a GREAT farm location. It was so nice to have the ceremony, drinks, dinner, and dancing all at one venue.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Holly · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I got married at Crockett Farm on July 15, 2017. Working with Kelly was a great experience and she and her team made sure everything went smoothly the day of. We didn’t have to worry about a thing (which after all of the work involved in planning a wedding was a huge relief!). Every detail was beautiful, especially all of the flowers (which Kelly and her team did as well). I loved my bouquet and it looks gorgeous in all of our wedding photos. We had two coordinators (Marriah and Sarah) and two bartenders (Cesar and Nick) from Kelly’s team who went above and beyond during the event. They were so service-oriented (our guests commented about how sweet they all were), positive, organized and fun. Kelly also had great recommendations for other vendors on the island for catering, makeup, etc. We are so glad we went with Crockett Farm for the beautiful setting, the high level of professionalism, and the attention to detail that made our big day better than we ever could have imagined. I am so grateful to them for ensuring we could relax, celebrate, and enjoy every moment.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jason · Married on 06/24/2017

My wife and I got married at The Wayfarer on June 24th, 2017, and it was truly a dream come true. We opted to hold the ceremony inside the barn, which was intimate, cozy, and exactly what we envisioned from day one. It happened to be a hot summer day (miraculously given the unpredictable weather), and Kelly’s team provided our guests with fans to keep cool before the ceremony.

Kelly, Erica, and the team created the flower arrangements and did such a beautiful job – our wedding was filled with white and peach/blush colored roses and peonies, and my wife got what she is affectionately calls her “dream bouquet”. The table arrangements were so thoughtfully done and the details around the venue tied everything together. These details gave us the rustic yet elegant vibe we had dreamt of. We extend a big thanks to Erica for capturing our vision perfectly!

The long dinner table we had fallen in love with was nothing short of amazing. Sharing dinner with our closest family and friends was so special, and the table arrangements under the greenery and chandeliers were magical. During the reception, there were a lot of activities available for guests – they enjoyed dancing under the string lights, playing lawn games, toasting s’mores over the fire pit, and ending the night with a sparkler sendoff. Everyone had an amazing time, including us!

Looking back, we truly could not have asked for a more perfect day, in large part thanks to the gorgeous venue, as well as Kelly and her wonderful team. We are grateful for such a memorable and special day at The Wayfarer, and we highly recommend checking out Whidbey Island Weddings if you’re looking for a beautiful venue space and wonderful team!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Lori · Married on 06/10/2017

Whidbey Island Weddings coordinated my daughter’s wedding at the Crockett Barn in June, and we were very happy with how everything turned out. The venue is beautiful, and was made even more so with the special touches planned and provided by Kelly and her team. Kelly was very organized and responsive in all the planning, and anxious to meet the sometimes unconventional requests of the wedding couple. By the time the wedding day arrived we were free to just enjoy the occasion. Erica and Marriah and their staff took care of everything the day of the event, and kept us all calm with their relaxed professionalism. They kept things moving, but always checked with us to make sure we were ready for the next thing. They were responsive to all our needs, packed up everything for us at the end, and even started the drying process for the wedding bouquet. I can’t say enough about how beautiful and enjoyable the wedding was. It was just what the bride and groom wanted, and they had such a good time - just as they should.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Pamela · Married on 05/28/2017

Our daughter and new son-in-law got married at Crockett Farms on Whidbey Island on May 28, 2017. We cannot say enough good things about this whole experience. From the first day we looked at the venue and our daughter and (then) fiance fell in love with it, to the end of the wedding day, we were impressed by the beauty and peacefulness of the venue and the professionalism and kindness of Kelly (the venue coordinator).
    We were fortunate to have had a beautiful weather day, but we were confident that an indoor alternative was available, if needed. That gave us a chance to relax and enjoy the planning phase. As the planning went along, I emailed and texted Kelly a number of times with questions and she answered immediately. She never made me feel that I was inconveniencing her even though it was often on a weekend that I contacted her. Her assistant Erica was, also, very responsive via email.
    Kelly and Erica did a wonderful job orchestrating the rehearsal the afternoon before the wedding. On the wedding day, I was confident that all was going to be taken care of so I was able to spend the day with my daughter and her attendants and my husband was able to relax a bit (as much as a father can at his only daughters’ wedding) and enjoy the pictures the photographer took of him seeing his daughter for the first time in her wedding dress instead of worrying about details.
    We loved being able to stay on the venue at the historic Crockett House with our immediate family the weekend of the wedding. It was a great place for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready, also.
    Kelly and Erica took care of all the flowers, also, from the bridal bouquet down to the boutonnieres. Kelly talked to our daughter in the months before the wedding and made sure the flowers were what our daughter requested and they were beautiful and bountiful! The day was everything our daughter and son-in-law dreamt it would be.
    We can't thank Kelly and crew enough for a wonderful day!!

Sent on 06/20/2017
  • I

Irene · Married on 09/24/2016

We were married on September 24th, 2016 at Crockett Farm, one of three venues run by Whidbey Island Weddings. Kelly, Erica, and the whole team were INCREDIBLE. Our entire day felt truly magical. We could not have asked for, nor dreamed of, a better experience. The flower design was gorgeous, the table arrangements were beautiful, and our ceremony space at the driftwood altar on site was absolutely stunning. Every element was perfectly coordinated, and I was able to spend a stress-free morning with my bridesmaids, enjoying the beautiful fall day at the historic Crockett Bed & Breakfast (another perk, just a stone's throw from the venue). Truly, we had the experience of a lifetime. And Kelly and Erica are so nice! Even when I felt like I was being an intolerable diva bride, they assured me that it was okay to be picky and tried to accommodate every request leading up to the wedding. Such a class act--I was so impressed by the service, the attention to detail, and their ability to cultivate an aesthetic that perfectly matched my vision for the day. If I could give them more stars, I would do it in a heartbeat. Whidbey Island Weddings will take care of you--if you are looking to get married on Whidbey, look no further. It's worth every penny. We felt our wedding was the lovely, romantic, elegant event we'd been planning, all thanks to the hard work from the team at Whidbey Island Weddings. So much love.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Casandra · Married on 09/17/2016

Cannot rave about Whidbey Island Weddings enough. We chose the Wayfarer for our venue and it was absolutely beautiful. Kelly was amazing, she planned everything. I did not have to worry about a thing. I really had my dream wedding and Kelly and her staff made that happen. I highly recommend Whidbey Island Weddings. All our guests raved about the venue.

Sent on 12/13/2016

We were married last August at Wayfarer Farm. Kelly & her team were an absolute joy to work with. They exceeded our expectations and made our dream wedding come true. Each detail was attended to which made our day stress free and enjoyable. We found Kelly and her team extremely professional as well as personable. Our guests left our wedding saying how it was the best wedding they had been to. Many thanks to Kelly!!!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Kalle · Married on 06/25/2016

We had the best time at our wedding at Crockett Farm. Kelly and Erica did an amazing job styling the wedding! They also made the most beautiful bouquets. Everything turned out perfect - I couldn't have asked for a more easy and fun day!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

We had our wedding in June at the Crockett Barn in Coupeville and everything went smoothly and was orchestrated perfectly! Our coordinator, Kelly, and her staff did a fantastic job from the first day we met to see the venue! They were on top of it!!! Helpful, proactive and totally thorough! It made planning/hosting our wedding a total breeze! I can't say thank you enough for our beautiful day! We and our guests had a freaking BLAST! And it was absolutely stunning!!! Totally worth it!!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

The wedding venue was so tumblr. Erica is beautiful and super helpful. I love her kind sprit! Do not be fooled by mean reviews this place is the best. The wedding are super vintage and cute. Kelly was also very helpful and nice.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Kate · Married on 09/06/2015

I'm so happy we found the Wayfarer it because it was the perfect venue on every level! The farm is a gorgeous setting and there are so many different beautiful areas for your guests to enjoy.

Kelly is great - she is an experienced professional and has amazing recommendations for great Whidbey vendors and for how weddings work best at her farm. She is also truly prepared for every scenario and is incredibly detail oriented, which is key for planning any big event.

Also, Kelly has impeccable taste and has carefully curated the perfect mix of vintage furniture, props, decor, vases, tableware, etc. for you to create a beautiful and customized backdrop for your special day. My guests kept saying they felt like they were on a movie set because everything was so perfect and beautiful.

As a long-distance bride, Kelly was great to work with - she was available for calls and and very generous with her time. I had a very specific vision for my flowers and decor and Kelly and Erica executed my vision perfectly!! The farm was an even more beautiful version of what I had imagined.

The ladies at the Wayfarer created the most gorgeous backdrop for us to have the celebration of a lifetime. It was all so special-thank you for being fabulous hosts!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Ellie · Married on 08/26/2017

My husband and I got married at Crockett Farm this past weekend, and we had a fantastic experience working with Kelly and her team. Leading up to the wedding, they were super helpful in providing resources on the island for lodging, transportation, etc. After all the work of planning, it felt so good to hand things over to them in the days leading up to the wedding, and they absolutely did not disappoint. Our wedding venue looked incredible - the flowers were exactly what we wanted and were beautiful. During the day, our coordinator was calm and collected, and put us completely at ease. The team did a great job of checking in with us to see what we needed all day long, which we really appreciated. Everything went off without a hitch, and we were really able to be present with our guests and one another. I can't thank Kelly and her team enough! I am so glad we decided to get married at Crockett Farm!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Vivi · Married on 09/03/2016

We just had our wedding at The Wayfarer and it was truly my fairy tale dream wedding come true. I found the venue on Instagram and immediately fell madly in love with the long table. I figured it was some really out-of-my-reach venue that was booked 3 years in advance, but I was thrilled with the location on Whidbey Island and the availability for me to pick from. We got the last available Saturday of the year, and there were some Friday and Sunday dates open, too.

The overall vibe of the venue is exactly what I wanted, but Kelly was able to take the look and feel, decor and amenities to the next level. Her eye for design, her taste, and her inventory of to-die-for accessories really make everything top notch. She pays attention to every possible detail, and the guests kept commenting on how it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to.

Kelly is so organized and her venue team make the event run so seamlessly. She's so generous with her time during the planning process, and I am blown away at her floral skills. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, so I gave her some loose guidance and she created the most beautiful floral arrangements and bouquets I have ever seen.

At first I was worried that the venue was more expensive than others, but I realized in the end it's actually not. So much is included in the rental, and Kelly and her team enabled me to be the most relaxed bride possible - both during the planning process and on the day of. I was able to fully relax and enjoy the day without worrying about any detail.

This is the most beautiful and unique venue, and I absolutely hands down recommend you snap it up and book it. You won't regret it! Thank you, Kelly and team! You made our dreams come true!

Sent on 09/24/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah A. · Married on 07/18/2020

Simply the best!

We had our mini-wedding at the Wayfarer last month and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Had there not been a global pandemic, we truly wouldn't have had to worry about a thing. Kelly and Erica are detail-oriented, professional, and kind. They were incredibly flexible and understanding with the need for us to significantly downsize our wedding due to Covid-19.

Our ceremony and mini-reception were set up so that guests could social distance and there were precautions in place to keep everyone safe. And, through all of this, they managed to make our wedding feel so, so special and delivered on the vintage aesthetic that had led us to choose them in the first place.

Kelly and her team did our florals as well, and they were absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 08/05/2020

Cassandra · Married on 08/19/2017

Kelly & Erica made all of my dreams come true for our wedding day! The Wayfarer is a beautiful venue alone, but with the endless help of the staff at Whidbey Island Weddings, I was able to have all I ever imagined on my wedding day and more. We hosted a destination wedding here, with most guests traveling 3,000+ miles...and everyone was absolutely blown away by the beauty of this venue! Kelly you are incredible, an absolute dream to work with!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Dana · Married on 05/21/2017

They did an amazing joy of setting up and running my special day. Kelly and her team are willing to go above and beyond and ensure it gets done right the first time. My guests thought the venue was beautiful and most wanted to stay an extra night to enjoy the beauty of the island. This was a great venue if a farm wedding is what you are looking for.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Megan · Married on 08/27/2016

3.6
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

We were married in late summer 2016 at Jenne Farm. We primarily worked with Kelly, but Erika was the one with us on our wedding day (who was particularly easy to work with and whose presence made a great addition to our wedding day.) The venue and setup were absolutely beautiful, and we really appreciated their recommendations for local vendors (Salon Blue, Blue Dog Catering, and Rosehip Farm were excellent).

There were, however, some small oversights that kept the day from running more smoothly. For one, we felt that there could have been more communication guiding the wedding party - but we were happy that our guests mostly knew where to go and what to do. Additionally, I missed my mother's speech because I had sneaked away to the restroom during a lull after the meal. I think an additional set of eyes would have helped avoid the oversight of my absence.

HOWEVER, although Kelly was on top of her game and we really liked her styling, we were really challenged by working with her in person. From the beginning, we had the sense that our wedding was being organized by a stern gym teacher. She didn't bother with pleasantries whenever we met, was reluctant to honor our requests to adjust tables - and somewhat critical (we wanted them in the front lawn to accommodate families with small children to move around, rather than in a long community table on the side of the house), and was rather abrupt with our minister and guests on the day of the rehearsal. People noticed and commented. In short, if you can overlook the drill sergeant, the final product really is stunning. But working with Kelly added an element to wedding stress that wasn't necessary, and we thought she was a much better "behind-the-scenes" presence than face-to-face.

Sent on 02/14/2017

The Wayfarer's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your wedding on Wedding Wire! We appreciate it and are so happy that our coordinator, Erica, was able to help make your wedding day at Jenne Farm so enjoyable. Jenne Farm is such a beautiful venue, and it is rewarding to hear that the setup and decor arranged by our team was to your liking.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding areas in which we could have worked harder. We're very sorry to hear that you missed your mother's speech while in the restroom. We wish we had noticed your absence and been able to postpone that important moment. We apologize for that missed opportunity.

We do our best to make efficient use of the short rehearsal time while also ensuring that everyone in the wedding party feels clear and comfortable with their role on your big day.

We were happy that we were able to accommodate each of your specific requests to personalize your wedding, such as the arrangement of tables on the front lawn as well as moving your ceremony up on the hill. We wanted your day to be a very relaxing and seamless experience, and we hope that your vision for your wedding at Jenne Farm was achieved.

Thank you again, for your review and helpful feedback. Whereas we are sorry to have not exceeded your expectations on every front, we are grateful that you had a beautiful and special wedding at Jenne Farm. Congratulations and all the best to you and your husband from everyone at Whidbey Island Weddings!

3.2
      2.5
      2.0

We can't say enough about the venue itself. It is gorgeous! And we got so many compliments about this being the most beautiful wedding people have been to. Kelly's property and her attention to detail are impeccable. And the lawn games are a blast. That said, be prepared to work with someone who is uptight, and actually ended up being rude to some of our guests at the end of the night. She is very type A, which is good when it comes to getting things organized and done. Everything ran like clockwork and smoothly. That said, she did pull some last minute stipulations about the music being too loud, as she was in the process of getting her license and a neighbor had been complaining all summer. The music was just above audible for dance music and not loud at all, yet her and our DJ went head to head on the day of. They kept things somewhat cool, but Kelly was visibly angry and did not hide her feelings in front of our guests. I would recommend this place for a small wedding with possibly no dancing.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Aireana · Married on 06/20/2018

1.4
      1.0

Not Military friendly, all business no heart!

We booked with Kelly late in 2017 for an August 19th 2018 Wedding at The Wayfarer. Aesthetically, the venue was a dream with a vintage southern charm. Everything was going to plan, we had booked our catering and lodging on the island and were going to do our flowers with one of Kelly’s preferred vendors. When we signed our contract Kelly knew that my fiancé was a Marine, at the time it did not seem to be an issue. Our $1,000 deposit was paid and our invitations were sent out. As per the contract the balance was to be paid in full 90 days prior to the event which would have been May 19th. Unfortunately, going into the first week of May we found out that my fiancé was going to be deployed and we were going to have to cancel our dream wedding, we were totally devastated. We were able to inform Kelly of the situation by May 13th. Initially we did not want a refund. Since we loved the look of the venue and had already scheduled everything else we were hoping that Kelly would let us reschedule for another date. We also explained that since my fiancé was just finishing his service contract this would for sure be his last deployment and would not happen again. Kelly’s reaction to our news on the phone was rather shocking. She was abrupt, rather rude and even sounded angry with us, there was no empathy what so ever. She verbally threw the contract in our face. She was condescending, insinuating we did not understand how a contract worked. At that point my fiancé got on the phone and explained that with almost 20yrs of Marine Corps service behind him did in fact understand how a contract works. At that point she said she would not even rebook us for any reason because we were “unreliable”, WOW! As if having to cancel our dream wedding and send my fiancé into a war zone was not bad enough but to be blatantly called “unreliable” was just crushing. I understand that Kelly has a business to run and cannot be handing out refunds or credits for just any reason but she handled this in the worst possible way. She could have said something to the effect of… “I’m sorry this has happened to you but this is how we have to proceed from a business standpoint” basically anything would have been more professional then how she actually handled it. Later that evening she texted me and did offer to rebook us for the following summer for a NEW $1,500 deposit. Only after us asking, she said she would give us a full refund if the venue date was rebooked and partial refund of our deposit if it wasn’t. As the months went on I never once saw her advertising the open date on her Facebook page even though I saw repeated advertising of other venue dates still available for the summer. In my personal opinion I don’t think she even tried to rebook it. I did not once hear from her with updates, only if I contacted her first. As our date came and past we still heard nothing. After I contacted her again to check on the promised partial refund, her initial text said she would not be giving us anything. It was only after reminding her that she already stated she would give us one that we got a response. I let her know that being called “unreliable” due to a military deployment was incredibly hurtful and I would have thought that a business in the Pacific NW would be a little more empathetic towards military. It was almost 4 weeks later we received $200. I wish I would have written this review sooner but I just did not have the emotional energy to confront it. Only after seeing their advertising pop up again for wedding season I decided that I did not want anyone else to have to go through the distress this mess put us through.

Sent on 02/21/2019

The Wayfarer's reply:

We were very sorry to read your review of our company, Whidbey Island Weddings. We do regret that you were dissatisfied with your experience with us. We pride ourselves on providing genuine customer service to all our couples as well as the vendors we coordinate with and we never like to hear that we’ve missed an opportunity to meet the high standards we set for our entire company. We appreciate your feedback and we will use this to help improve our processes.