Do you want more pricing details?
Historic. Affordable. Unique.
The Venue 116 is a historic event venue located in Brookshire, Texas, 15 minutes west of Katy, TX. Originally established in 1936 as a working Cotton Gin, this venue has been recently renovated to provide unique event space that is perfect for your wedding, rehearsal dinner, showers, or other special event in your life.
Facilities and Capacity
Our 11,000-square-foot venue will comfortably hold 150-200 people for your ceremony or reception. Indoor and Outdoor options allow for different seating styles. Our catering kitchen allows outside catering, providing you the flexibility of having the wedding of your dreams, within in your budget.
The Venue 116 offers flexibility to build a unique custom package that compliments your vision, within your budget. Multiple indoor & outdoor ceremony and reception options can be customized to your design, combined with superior service in a venue that is affordable.
Whether you are a do-it-yourself (DIY) couple, desire an inclusive package, or somewhere in between, The Venue 116 can help you every step of the way!
Our couples' average budgets range $15,000-$20,000 depending upon event size, catering selection, and desired vision. We can accommodate couples with budgets above and below this range.
Venue rental includes:
- New option of choice of 4 different style backdrop (cathedral arch, double loop, geometric shape & arbor)
- New - table decor options to choose from
- 12-hour rental - exclusive access to venue & grounds, including gallery space with restored Lummus Gin stands (wheelchair accessible);
- Exterior Courtyard access including decorative iron framed pavilion & stone fountain;
- Use of our bridal room with private restroom facilities;
- Use of our Grooms Room;
- Staff members onsite throughout the evening to assist;
- Tables and Chivari chairs;
- Sweetheart table, buffet, sign-in tables & whiskey barrel cake/dessert table;
- Live edge wood bar & lighted antique apothecary back bar with refrigeration;
- Raised ceiling uplighting in Seed House;
- Indoor bathrooms (wheelchair accessible);
- Private parking;
- Ice Machine;
- Venue set up & tear down;
- Yard Games
Add-on package options
- DJ/Entertainment/Event Decor
- Catering & Bar Service w/ china & glassware
This 80-year-old cotton gin was originally known as Donigan’s Gin, bearing a special place in the hearts of many locals. The 1930's registry of Texas Gins and Ginners categorized all the gins throughout the country, giving this one the unique identifier of 116. Originally purchased in 1998 as headquarters for an engineering services company, the venue underwent a complete renovation in 2013 with local contractors to develop an inviting setting for all events.
For more information visit us at www.thevenue116.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
28 User photos
This vendor was amazing! We did our reception here for about 80 people and it was absolutely perfect! Super unique venue!!
The most beautiful day of our lives!
Great to Work With
Are you interested?
Would you like to visit?