The Tucker Place

Midland, NC View map

The Tucker Place is a beautiful, rustic wedding venue nestled on 36 acres of land located in Midland, North Carolina. This romantic venue, which is just minutes away from Charlotte, Concord, and Harrisburg, offers many options for both your ceremony and reception. With three main event spaces and thousands of items to style your entire event, this venue is able to provide you with plenty of vintage-inspired elegance for your wedding event.

Facilities and Capacity
At The Tucker Place, you can choose between the 1861 barn ceremony and the oak tree ceremony. The gorgeous old hand hewed log barn is fantastic option for a rustic ceremony. You can also choose to say "I do" under a towering oak tree. Both ceremony sites can be perfectly transformed for your special day with oak church pews that provide an outdoor chapel feel. The reception venue, complete with a spacious outdoor dance floor, rustic farm tables, and gorgeous twinkling lights overhead, can accommodate up to 300 guests. The space is also complete with a classic southern style front porch for you and your guest to lounge or enjoy cocktail hour. For a cozy feel, The Tucker Place also has a custom built fire pit for you and your guests gather around. Additionally, the venue provides a beautiful vintage-inspired bridal suite and groom’s room. The Tucker Place is filled with romantic, country style elegance and is ideal for a rustic wedding.

The Tucker Place offers a wide range of packages, and whole outside vendors are welcome, this venue also offers all-inclusive, stress-free packages. Complete with a wedding planning, day of coordinator, and more, you and your partner will be able to fully relax on your big day. The Tucker Place also provides everything you may need to decorate your wedding, offering vintage sofas, chairs, tables, lanterns, etc. With all of these gorgeous vintage props and decor, The Tucker Place is also a beautiful setting for wedding portraits and engagement photos. In addition to these services, The Tucker Place also offers the following:

• All inclusive packages

Describe your venue:

Barn
Farm/Ranch
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Family Style
Outside Cake
Server(s)
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Limited Bar
Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Furniture
Lighting
Photo booth
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

March
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
December
4.1

Kevonna Married on 11/04/2017
    Michelle and Tony were absolutely amazing, they made our dream wedding more than just a dream!♥️
    Madison Married on 09/30/2017
    Michelle Poe was absolutely amazing! Me and my now husband ended up moving from NC to CA 6 months before our wedding and at that point didn’t have much of anything planned. Michelle Poe still made sure our wedding turned out exactly how we had imagined it! Through multiple FaceTime meetings and lots of pictures sent, Michelle went above and beyond to be sure everything went according to plan. Not to mention the venue is beautiful and they are constantly working to make it even more perfect! 10 out of 10 would recommend!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany V. Married on 04/13/2019

Sadly, cannot recommend.

While the venue itself is in a beautiful location and has a lot of potential, I cannot recommend it due to the unprofessional, disorganized owners. If you are a detail oriented bride with high standards, this is not the venue for you. I was married here in early April. I saw red flags from the beginning but the venue was beautiful and affordable so I ignored them and moved forward. My "contract" was hand written on a piece of notebook paper. The owners were often forgetful of what we had already discussed during our meetings or what we were supposed to be discussing and rarely kept any notes. They repeatedly brought up my husbands parents and where they would sit, his dance with his mom, etc. even though I told them multiple times from the very first time we met that his parents were both deceased. At our rehearsal the owner showed me a photo she had taken of a notepad with handwritten notes and it was the wrong wedding and bridal party. I sent a very detailed email prior to the wedding that explained how I would like each area set up, including photos for reference. I provided 99% of the decor so I wanted to make sure it was set up the way I envisioned. Despite every effort on my part to be as specific as possible, there were many things wrong the day of the wedding. Most were things that my guests would have never noticed, but being the bride and having spent so much time planning every detail, I noticed it all. The memorial area for my grandparents and my husbands deceased mother was completely ruined, and it was one of the most important parts of the wedding for us. Our sweetheart table was set up with the wrong chairs, that we had paid extra to rent. This was reimbursed to us so they at least made that part right. The sign I made for the sparkler sendoff and the pitchers I provided to store the sparklers were never set up so my guests all started leaving before the send off and we had to do it earlier than we were supposed to so we would have enough people to participate for the photos.
    We used the owners as our DJ. He forgot the dance between my husband and my mom and didn't have the music ready. The wrong playlist was used during dinner. The majority of the night he was not "DJ'ing" at all - he was up starting to help clean up, long before our time was up by the way. The same handful of songs just kept repeating over and over. $500 for this service and it was an absolute joke.
    Our package also included the owner as our "Day of Coordinator". Another service we did not receive much of - my photographer finally created a schedule for me and was the one that kept the night on track. They waited so long to do a bouquet toss I decided not to even do it, and nobody announced that we were cutting the cake so many of my guests including my mother completely missed that moment.
    It rained on my wedding day and the venue turned into a giant mud pit. I know this is a risk of an outdoor wedding but better preparations should have been in place. A small amount of pine straw was laid down just in front of the entrance to the covered arbor, but not completely lining the path from the parking to the arbor and nothing was done to try to cover the area where I had to walk from the bridal room to the arbor or the path to the restrooms. They did not put out any signs directing guests to the restroom and nobody knew where it was. They didn't even plug the lights in, my father had to to it for my elderly grandmother to be able to use the restroom. The bridal room is much to small for an entire bridal party to get ready in, which I knew beforehand so I rented a hotel room for us to get ready. The bridal room smells like mold/mildew.
    They started cleaning up around my guests hours before my time was up. This brings me to the icing on the cake. As I stated, I provided the decor for my wedding and the majority of the decorations I made myself. My belongings were tossed carelessly into boxes and many of my items were completely ruined and damaged. My artificial florals smashed, expensive candelabra broken, items scratched and dinged, vintage wedding cards smashed beyond ability to use again. I now have to go through and repair what I can to be able to resell it. My boxes of decorations were all left outside in the humidity under the covered arbor for two rainy days instead of being locked away safely in the bridal room and there were ants in all of the boxes when they were picked up. Vases still had water in them. My things were completely disrespected and mistreated and it's just unacceptable. I was never offered anything to compensate for the damaged items. I got a generic "We are sorry we did not meet your expectations." That was it.
    My bridal party and even some of my guests commented after the wedding how they noticed the disorganization of the night, even though the ceremony itself and the set up were beautiful. This is embarrassing and should never happen when you are paying that kind of money for a service. Mistakes happen here and there, but it is totally unacceptable for it to have been to this degree. I am not typically one to complain or leave a negative review but this one is really warranted and I just want to try to help future brides avoid the experience I had.

Deals

The Tucker Place 1
Exclusive

9846 Flowes Store Rd, Midland, NC, 28107
Location of (The Tucker Place)

The Tucker Place frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of The Tucker Place in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Tucker Place for wedding events is known for:
  • Barn
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Historic Building

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Tucker Place for wedding events?

The Tucker Place offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does The Tucker Place offer?

The Tucker Place offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Tucker Place offer for wedding events?

The Tucker Place offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up

What furniture and decorations does The Tucker Place have available for wedding events?

The Tucker Place offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Aisle Markers
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Photo booth
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Tucker Place and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Tucker Place is recommended by 33% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.1 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.7 in flexibility, 4.7 in average response time, 4 in value, 3.7 in quality of service and 3.7 in professionalism.

What kind of wedding service promotions does The Tucker Place offer?

The Tucker Place currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Charlotte for your wedding

Wedding Venues