1143 Orange Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789 Map · Phone number

About The Seamstress

Serving Central Florida over 35 years, The Seamstress specializes in formal and bridal alterations and custom tailoring. Our staff members are professionals with years of experience from Nordstrom, Macy's, and Bloomingdales in both customer service and alterations. We are the right choice for your wedding gown fitting with top quality.

Our greatest and most cherished moments at The Seamstress are when a bride-to-be sees herself for the first time in a bridal gown that we have altered to fit her perfectly. For that once in a lifetime event, the bride will walk down the aisle without worry in a dress that has been lovingly tailorerd by our team.

The Seamstress skillfully handles bridal gown alterations as well as the following:

Maid of Honor dresses

* Bridesmaid dresses

* Formal dance gowns and dresses

* Mother of the Bride and Groom dresses

* Heirloom wedding dresses

* Flower girl dresses

* First Communion dresses

* Veils

* Jackets and Boleros

It is our honor to ensure you look best on one of your most important dates. Contact us today at 407 740 7544 or visit our website at www.seamstresswinterpark.com to schedule an appointment and to learn more about our bridal alteration services. for residents of Orlando, Windermere, Winter Park, and all of Central Florida.

MENSWEAR ALTERATIONS

In addition to Alterations for women, we also handle an array of Menswear Alterations, including:

* Tuxedos for the Groom and Groomsmen

* Ties for Groom and Groomsmen

* Ring Bearer tuxedos and pillows

* Formalwear Suits for young men

* Business Suits, Shirts and Pants

* First Communion Suits for boys

For inquiries, please email us at theseamstresswinterpark@gmail.com or visit our website at www.seamstresswinterpark.com.

CLOTHING ALTERATIONS

We can take care of your ordinary clothes as well: pajamas, swimsuits, shirts, skirts, and pants. We alter almost everything. T-shirts can be made to fit as perfectly as the hem on your favorite pair of pants. Girls dresses can be hemmed. Boys' shorts taken in. Zippers replaced. Call us today or simply walk in for these alteration services during business hours to discuss possibilities, and we will do our utmost to transform your garment to your satisfaction.

BUSINESS HOURS

Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Follow The Seamstress on

The Seamstress 1
  • Long

Long Bui · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing job

They performed the alteration for my wedding dress and it came out perfect. Service was fast and great job with the dress.

The Seamstress 2
    Sent on 06/17/2019

The Seamstress's reply:

Thank you, Nikki and Phil.
    If possible, please send us a picture of you two at the wedding. We would like to display it at our shop.

Nancy and Tony Pham

Theresa e Swanson · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Experience

As Mother of The Bride I wanted something chic and sophisticated. I fund the dress of my dreams but the designer was in Europe and I did not have time to fly back and forth for fittings. Nancy looked at a picture of my dream dress, made some recommendations and not only turned it into a reality but made it even better. I could not have asked for a more wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Sue · Married on 02/17/2018

Absolutely THE BEST seamstress and tailoring services! The shop is CLEAN and inviting. Hieu has many years of experience and you can completely trust her with your expensive clothing. I bought a very expensive couture wedding gown for my daughter -- online! It was beautiful but needed to be tailored -- who to trust with such a beautiful gown. I read some negative reviews about this establishment. But after doing more research -- I realized that the bad reviews were BOGUS. The previous owner thought enough of Hieu (she did all the work for her business for many years!) to leave the business to her in her estate plan. When the previous owner died suddenly and unexpectedly, it was a complete shock to Hieu. She continued to work around the clock to take care of work in progress. When she later learned of her inheritance, she later also learned how unfair and unkind jealous people can be. I can san without reservation that I would trust Hieu with any tailoring/seamstress project of any magnitude or value. She did beautiful work on my daughter's wedding gown. She also made a matching lace jacket -- exactly what my daughter had envisioned! It was perfect. In addition, she tailored my wedding suit, another slack outfit and a blazer for my husband. I have never had clothes fit so well. She made me look younger and thinner on my daughter's wedding day! What more could I ask? I'll tell you -- I made two new great friends -- Hieu and Bicky. Great friends for life. I have referred several customers who have called to tell me how pleased they are with the services and courtesy they received at The Seamstress in Winter Park! This shop always was and IS THE BEST SEAMSTRESS IN THE WINTER PARK/ORLANDO AREA! Don't go anywhere else! My daughter (and her new husband) will be loyal customers as well. Trust me. I'm picky. Very picky. And when I say something is good -- it's GREAT!

Sent on 03/07/2018

The Seamstress's reply:

Sue,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We promise to keep up the good work.

Nancy, Hieu and Bicky

The Seamstress FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Customary Attire
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales