The Seamstress Reviews

40 | Winter Park, FL

40 Reviews for The Seamstress

• Shannon

Shannon B. 路 Getting married on 10/30/2021

Kind, professional, and exceptional work!

Nancy was incredibly kind during my appointments to her business for my wedding dress alterations. During this time of COVID, she was still able to provide a safe space for my mother and a couple members of my bridal party to view my dress during the appointment. She formed a beautiful French bustle on my wedding gown that worked beautifully during the reception. I highly recommend Nancy and her team at The Seamstress!

Sent on 01/10/2021

Shannon,
    You are such a beautiful bride with a caring soul. My husband Tony kept asking me why I kept smiling all day yesterday. I simply showed him your review with loving words. Thank you. We love you!

• Delaney

Delaney D. 路 Married on 04/09/2021

Amazing! Made my wedding day!

Nancy did an amazing job on my dress - I told her what I was looking for and she did just that. Super seamless process :)

Sent on 05/01/2021

Delany,

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad to be part of your journey. Please send us your wedding pictures.馃グ

• Jennifer

Jennifer M. 路 Married on 02/21/2021

Turned Out Great!

I was referred to Nancy by Pat at White Blossom Bridal. She told me she was very well versed in bustling trains and pulling up the straps of my dress. My gown was all lace and I was very concerned that it would ripped or torn as my train was very long! Nancy did an amazing job pinning everything up for me to see what it would look like before I made any final decisions. Her prices were completely reasonable and she did a great job making everything perfect!

Sent on 03/13/2021

Sara 路 Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing Experience!

Nancy went above and beyond altering my wedding dress! She literally transformed it into exactly what I asked for. 10/10!!!

Sent on 12/21/2020

Sara,
    We at The Seamstress are excited whenever we know that our brides are satisfied with our services. Wow. A 10 over 10. You made our day. Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding pictures with us.

Catherine O. 路 Married on 10/24/2020

Flawless and Stress Free

As if planning a wedding during COVID wasn't stressful enough, we also added a move to the mix. My local wedding became a destination and we overcame many challenges to make our wedding happen. I didn't have time to shop around so I can't comment on the price. My friend recommended her and I'm so happy she did. She did an incredible job! The entire process was stress free and she even made me a mask out of the extra material. I 100% recommend the Seamstress!

Sent on 12/23/2020

Cstherine,

We love your feedback. That's exactly where we strive to be, the "flawless and stress free" alteration service provider of yours, especially in the middle ofvsuch an unprecedent pandemic we are in. We are also well known as a reasonable offeror. Thank you for sending us your pictures. We love both of them.

Sincerely,

Brianna T. 路 Married on 10/09/2020

Great Service

The Seamstress did an amazing job with altering my dress. It was easy to make an appointment and they worked on my dress fairly quick. I wasn鈥檛 expecting to spend as much as I did but my whole dress pretty much needed to be altered. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/22/2020

Brianna,
    Thank you so much for your compliments.
    May I have some pictures of you on that elegant gown to share on our Facebook?

Sally M. 路 Married on 09/06/2020

Spectacular work and very affordable!

I can鈥檛 say enough good things about them! My dress was fitted to me perfectly the first time around and she added a bustle to my train that everyone thought was gorgeous and was perfect for dancing at my reception. 10/10 will absolutely use them again!

Sent on 12/21/2020

Sally,
    You look stunningly fabulous that dress, and that's our goal. Thank you so much for your kind words. We proudly take your rating 10 over 10.馃槑

Sincerely,

• Rachel

Rachel G. 路 Married on 06/05/2020

Nancy was amazing

My dress needed to be taken in a lot and Nancy did an amazing job. It fit my body perfectly!

Sent on 12/29/2020

Rachel,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

When your time permits, please email us some pictures please.馃槑

theseamstresswinterpark@gmail.com
  • Shaina

Shaina T. 路 Married on 10/24/2019

Perfect, great experience, exactly what I wanted

Nancy was wonderful! I am so happy I was referred to her. I came in with the wedding dress of my dreams, however I needed quite a bit of work done on it for it to fit me perfectly. Nancy listened to all of my wants and desires and worked her magic. Such a nice, professional, and friendly family business.

Sent on 02/19/2021

Dear Shaina,

That's what our family business is for. We are so happy to hear that the dress fitted you perfectly. Thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding.

• Long

Long B. 路 Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing job

They performed the alteration for my wedding dress and it came out perfect. Service was fast and great job with the dress.

Sent on 06/17/2019

The Seamstress's reply:

Thank you, Nikki and Phil.
    If possible, please send us a picture of you two at the wedding. We would like to display it at our shop.

Nancy and Tony Pham

Theresa S. 路 Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Experience

As Mother of The Bride I wanted something chic and sophisticated. I fund the dress of my dreams but the designer was in Europe and I did not have time to fly back and forth for fittings. Nancy looked at a picture of my dream dress, made some recommendations and not only turned it into a reality but made it even better. I could not have asked for a more wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Sue 路 Married on 02/17/2018

Absolutely THE BEST seamstress and tailoring services! The shop is CLEAN and inviting. Hieu has many years of experience and you can completely trust her with your expensive clothing. I bought a very expensive couture wedding gown for my daughter -- online! It was beautiful but needed to be tailored -- who to trust with such a beautiful gown. I read some negative reviews about this establishment. But after doing more research -- I realized that the bad reviews were BOGUS. The previous owner thought enough of Hieu (she did all the work for her business for many years!) to leave the business to her in her estate plan. When the previous owner died suddenly and unexpectedly, it was a complete shock to Hieu. She continued to work around the clock to take care of work in progress. When she later learned of her inheritance, she later also learned how unfair and unkind jealous people can be. I can san without reservation that I would trust Hieu with any tailoring/seamstress project of any magnitude or value. She did beautiful work on my daughter's wedding gown. She also made a matching lace jacket -- exactly what my daughter had envisioned! It was perfect. In addition, she tailored my wedding suit, another slack outfit and a blazer for my husband. I have never had clothes fit so well. She made me look younger and thinner on my daughter's wedding day! What more could I ask? I'll tell you -- I made two new great friends -- Hieu and Bicky. Great friends for life. I have referred several customers who have called to tell me how pleased they are with the services and courtesy they received at The Seamstress in Winter Park! This shop always was and IS THE BEST SEAMSTRESS IN THE WINTER PARK/ORLANDO AREA! Don't go anywhere else! My daughter (and her new husband) will be loyal customers as well. Trust me. I'm picky. Very picky. And when I say something is good -- it's GREAT!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Sue,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We promise to keep up the good work.

Nancy, Hieu and Bicky

• Tara

Tara 路 Married on 03/04/2017

Judi is a fairy godmother with the ability to make your dress shine, not a genie in a bottle granting wishes! I bought a beautiful princess wedding dress and Judi and her team made the dress perfect for me. Off the rack the dress made my boobs look cone shaped and the neck tie looked sloppy. Judi made alterations around the chest to give me a nice round chest and turned the straps at the top into a clasp which elevated the overall look of the dress.

When I went for my first fitting Judi asked if I would like for her to sew in the corset I purchased to wear under the dress and cut it down so it did not appear at the top of the dress. I didn't even know this was a possibility. Having my undergarment in the dress gave me an added sense of security I didn't even know I wanted. Judi also taught my sister how to bussel the dress so she knew what to do the day of my wedding.

For the people that purchase dresses that are too small for them or that gain weight after purchasing their dress you cannot go in and expect Judi to make you smaller... it just doesn't work like that. If you think you are going to lose 20 pound in 2 months... Realty check... you mostly likely won't.

Judi is loving and kind and provides all of the right support that you need leading up to your big day! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Judi!! <3

Sent on 03/10/2017

Jodie 路 Married on 05/07/2016

I dont care what anyone says, Judi is a fairy godmother! First off, I bought the wedding dress of my dreams. It was gorgeous with amazing intricate beading and many many layers. Sadly I ordered a dress that was 1 (maybe 2) sizes too small. I was so upset. I thought I was not going to be able to wear it. I took it to Judi and she was brutally honest with me (which is what I wanted and needed to hear). She told me that she CAN take some out but that her biggest suggestion was to try to loose a few pounds. Im not overweight by any means. I am 5'4" at 124lbs. I wanted to loose about 5 lbs and tone up for the wedding anyways. Judi did not offend me at all mostly because I brought up loosing weight first. She was super nice and made me feel so much better knowing we could make my dress work. I lost the weight and judi made the dress fit perfectly! She even added beautiful ruffling to the top to make it a litte more modest and it looked like it was suppose to be on the dress. I LOVED IT. If it wasnt for Judi, I would not have been the beautiful princess I was on my wedding day.
    THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Thomas 路 Married on 10/30/2015

Judi is a pro! We took my dress here to fix what another alterations place around the corner had completely screwed up. My mom was so unhappy with the way the original place had done my bustle and insisted we take it to get another opinion. She found The Seamstress after a recommendation from my bridesmaid.

Judi took a look at the bungled bustle and promised she would be able to fix it quickly (1 week before the wedding!) and cheaply. She was extremely helpful, understanding, and knew her stuff. I do think she has a very dry sense of humor, which some may mistake for curtness or rudeness, but if you banter back with her, you will soon realize she is actually very friendly and really, really funny!

She corrected the mistakes of my previous alterations place and it came out looking better than I could have imagined. I wish Wedding Wire would let me upload Before and After photos to show how much of an improvement Judi was able to make. Contact me if you want to see the photos. Her expertise, turnaround time, and price were all invaluable to me. I will certainly use her in the future, and I would recommend her to any bride without hesitation. Thank you, Judi!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Marissa 路 Married on 07/18/2015

Upon arrival for my final appointment, I discovered that I needed the dress taken in 2 more inches! The seamstress was calm, and was able to make this alteration, as well as a few more THAT DAY! I would greatly recommend her work to anyone looking for wedding dress alterations in the Orlando area.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Julie 路 Married on 02/17/2013

Judi is the BEST! She pinned and tucked and made me look like princess! you did an amazing job - thank you!

Sent on 03/29/2013

Tara 路 Married on 02/16/2013

I was so nervous about finding the right person to trust with my dress & when I found The Seamstress website I just knew I had found the right person. I was so right! She is so knowledgeable & friendly I immediately felt at ease. My dress came out perfect and at a fraction of the cost a bridal shop would charge. I will definitely be back!

Sent on 03/09/2013
  • User1523832 路 2+ years ago

AWESOME vendor! I bought my dress from a store that included alterations. However, when I decided they were not up to par the week before my wedding The Seamstress fit me in to their schedule to perform the alteration I needed in breakneck speed. After the wedding I returned to them to replace the ruined lace at the bottom of my dress and they gave me advice on how to resell the dress. Really impressed with this store.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Dawn 路 Married on 11/10/2012

Judi and her team know dress fitting and alterations! Heather Snively at Weddings Unique recommended I go there and she did not steer me wrong. The team there fit the dresses perfectly and even helped a bridesmaid who needed some last minute alterations. I now use The Seamstress for my other alternations.

Sent on 12/07/2012

Kim 路 Married on 06/16/2012

My dress fit perfect! I recommend them highly for alterations!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Dominique 路 Married on 05/12/2012

Judy did such a fabulous job with the alterations on my gown! She made it fit perfectly, added some cups so I didn't have to wear a bra, and was extremely relatable to us when we went for my final fitting. She was friendly, honest, and worked magic on my dress! Thank you so much for helping me feel beautiful and confident in my gown. You are amazing!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Allison 路 Married on 01/15/2011

Wonderful seamstress with a great eye for detail !
    Gives an honest opinion and does not sugar coat just to avoid hurting someones feelings.
    Amazing work, reasonably priced :) !

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • User3903614 路 2+ years ago

I've gone to Judy for a bridesmaid dress in the past and after being put off by the salon's seamstress where I got my wedding dress I decided to see if I could make an appointment to get my wedding dress altered, just 3 weeks before my wedding. She added an appliqu茅 to the sash on my dress, sequins from my grandmother's dress and a 5 point bustle. My dress was ready in two weeks to pick up and looked fantastic.

Sent on 05/10/2015