1672 W Bowman Rd PO Box 682, French Camp, CA 95231 Map · Phone number

About The River Mill

The River Mill was built in 1873, and is located along the San Joaquin River in French Camp, California. Originally a processing mill for chicory to be used in coffee, it has seen many uses. The current owner purchased the property in 1972 and in the early 90’s, after extensive renovations, began offering The River Mill facilities for weddings, conferences, day-long seminars, luncheons, dinners and special events.

As you enter the landscaped grounds you are greeted with peaceful gardens, a walkway lined with roses, crape myrtle and a variety of vegetation. Eight raised beds framed with brick are filled with sculptured privets with white lights and seasonal flowers. Massive native oaks add to the atmosphere and provide cool shade.

From the open courtyard that provides entry into the 18,000 square foot brick building you can enter into one of the several rooms of varying size: the intimate Roasting Room with its spectacular fireplace and tall barrel ceilings, The Winery, the spacious River Room or the stately Board Room. The Tasting Room, Garden Room and La Bodega coffeehouse are also available for use for your special event. A second story balcony in the courtyard overlooks a fountain surrounded by iron tables and chairs in a alfresco setting.

Our party package includes fully staffed use of the facility, full service bars, round tables, cushioned chairs, and linens, ivory china, flatware, glassware, fresh floral centerpieces, candles, parking attendants and full event coordination.

Our complete wedding package includes fully staffed use of the facilities with linens, table settings, wedding cake, candles, full service bars, parking attendants, full event coordination, flowers for the ceremony, bridal party, family, cake, toasting glasses, dining table centerpieces and fresh pieces throughout the building. Our on site kitchen and staff offer you the choice of a variety of full service, food station or hors d’oeuvre menus or we can create a menu for you. All of these features combine to provide you with a wedding, which is easy to plan, enjoyable to attend and full of cherished memories.

The food for your event is prepared onsite by our outstanding chef and his staff. The River Mill is known for its superbly prepared and tastefully presented dishes made using only the freshest of ingredients. A variety of menus have been designed for your special event or we will gladly create a menu for your special event. We offer sit-down served, food stations, buffet, combination and hors d’oeuvre menus.

42976f25499d3ccc 5 21 05 098

The River Mill 5
The River Mill 6
The River Mill 7

Adriana · Married on 02/10/2018

So easy and friendly to book. A beautiful venue, the coordinator makes the whole experience effortless. So excited to have my wedding at this venue.

Sent on 11/16/2017
  • F

Fidji · Married on 01/12/2018

Words cannot express how grateful we are for The River Mill. They made our wedding reception so beautiful & stress free! I am not the most creative person & barely had a vision of how our wedding was going to look like. We literally just dropped off picture frames, tealights, votive holders, & pinecones a few days before our wedding & they were able to decorate the place so beautifully with the simplest items. I love that they took care of the food, cake, flowers, & mostly everything so we only had to search for the DJ, photographer, & photobooth. I wanted a romantic glam winter wonderland feel & they went way above my expectations. Our photographer & videographer loved the place so much. It was the perfect place to shoot pictures. Wish we had more time to take more photos but that was my fault for not giving ourselves enough time between the ceremony & reception. We didn't have to worry about cleaning up either because they took care of it! They washed our cake knife/server set & toasting glasses & packed everything, including the decorations, & gave them all to my MOH at the end of the night. I still can't get over how gorgeous our wedding was & the guests were/are still in awe as well. One of them is already planning to have her husband's 50th birthday there after seeing it at our wedding last week. Thank you, River Mill, for making our big day one of the most beautiful weddings our guests have ever experienced.

PS. I would say they are quite strict about guests re-entering the venue if they had to get something in their cars or something but it's better to be safe than have unwanted guests entering!

Sent on 01/26/2018
    The River Mill 13
    The River Mill 14
    The River Mill 15

Lindsey · Married on 05/21/2016

We were married at the River Mill On May 21st. Overall the experience was great and the ceremony and reception beautiful. We met with Jeri early in the planning stages to review our vision and it executed beautifully. We live in Seattle and were not making many trips down for planning, she worked well with my mom, who was in California and with me via email and phone calls to make sure nothing was missed. Outside of the beautiful site, staff was friendly and attentive the day of. The food was Delicious! One of the best meals we’ve had at a catered event for 150 people, it surpassed the expectations I had after the initial tasting. We had a clear vision of what we wanted and both Jeri and Shari, the florist were honest about what could be executed within our budget. We had a lot of specifics in mind for flowers, but Shari did an excellent job of managing our expectations based on seasonality and time of year for what we wanted. I appreciated her suggestions for some options if my first choices were not available. To my surprise the day of, all of my original asks were available and the flowers were beautiful! What I appreciate most is that they were realistic and didn’t over promise on anything that wasn’t a guarantee.

The ceremony was planned for outside, 10 minutes before we arrived it started raining, Jeri and her team set up outside and an indoor option in case it continued to rain. When I arrived in my dress, slightly panicked they walked me through the inside set up and it was absolutely beautiful-nothing about it looked unintentional or last minute. I was immediately put at ease that regardless of weather it would be beautiful.

The space was beautiful and our guests were happy-we received so many follow ups from our guests about how wonderful the setting was and how tasty the food was. Planning a wedding is not a whole lot of fun, but Jeri made it a wonderful experience and delivered exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 06/01/2016

The River Mill FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,950.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 4,950.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 750.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Server(s), Wedding Cake
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 350
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 80
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Garden, Historic Building
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What months are included in your peak season? January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

• Mary Gillespie Photography
    Mary Gillespie Photography Wedding Photographers

The River Mill is great to work with. Attention to all the details and professionalism is their strong suit. Not to mention this venue is spectacular. You will not go wrong with hiring this venue for your upcoming event

• Andre Liesnyi, Saxophonist & DJ
    Andre Liesnyi, Saxophonist & DJ Wedding DJs

We had a privilege to provide music services for one of the weddings at the River Mill last October. It turned out to be a big success! The venue is absolutely beautiful! The staff is highly professional and very well trained. Highly suggested!

• DJ Verrett
    DJ Verrett Wedding DJs

The River Mill is a hidden jewel located on the San Joaquin river. I did my first wedding there in 2016 and was in awe of how beautiful this venue is. They have a beautiful garden area for your ceremony and several rooms indoors for the reception. They have the nicest & efficient staff. If your planning a wedding or an event come out and discover The River Mill!

• 1672 W Bowman Rd, PO Box 682 French Camp, 95231 See on map