PO Box 194 Shepherdstown, WV 25443, Rockville, MD 20850 Map · Phone number

About The Reel Piper

I play a variety of bagpipes: Highland Bagpipes, Scottish smallpipes, and Border pipes.
The Border pipes are perfect for indoor ceremonies and receptions. The Highland bagpipes
are best when played outdoors.

RedRamseyA
bahamabob1
The Reel Piper
Bob is playing the Border pipes.  This instrument sounds like a Highland bagpipe, except it is...
Bob is playing the Border pipes. This instrument sounds like a Highland bagpipe, except it is...
RedRamseyA
bahamabob1

6 Reviews for The Reel Piper

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

We hired Bob to perform bagpipes for our outdoor wedding ceremony, and wow, it was fantastic! He came recommended by our wedding officiant, and he was very responsive via email as we planned for the ceremony. We did not have any special requests, but he had great suggestions, so we trusted in his expertise. We kept it a surprise to almost everyone before the wedding, and the music was a huge hit. All in all, he didn't play for long (before/during the procession and recession), but it was absolutely worth the beautiful tone it set for our outdoor ceremony. Everyone was raving about him afterwards at the reception. If you're considering pipe music for your wedding, I would absolutely recommend hiring Bob!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Maureen · Married on 10/19/2013

Robert is a very talented piper, with an extensive repertoire. Because our wedding venue was in a small room, he suggested using the border pipes so people could still carry on conversations before and after the ceremony. Bob piped the songs I requested as my processional and recessional; and dressed in his kilt, he complimented the other Scottish touches in our wedding. He also played outside the venue as guests were arriving and after as pictures were being taken. All our guests commented on how beautiful the music sounded. Bob helped make the day memorable for all.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Kylie · Married on 03/09/2013

Being very proud of my Irish descent, I really wanted to walk down the aisle to bagpipes. After doing a lot of research and speaking with a lot of bagpipers, I chose Robert Mitchell. Seeing all the different awards he had earned and how long he had been playing and of course listening to him play (he has a great website) made the decision an easy one. I had to change my date several times, but he was very patient and understanding and it wasn’t a problem. On the day of he was on time, looking very authentic and professional in his kilt, and stuck to my do not play list (only 2 songs that had been played at my Grandfather’s funeral) even in the face of the groom and his groomsmen requesting both of the songs! I didn’t really get to interact with him very much but I heard many compliments from guests afterwards. http://www.thereelpiper.com/

Sent on 04/11/2013