Seattle, WA 98155 Map · Phone number

About The Outer Edge

I have been doing on location hair and makeup for over 10 years for beautiful brides. Known by my clients and professionals in the beauty industry, for being calm and confident with skill and expertise. My unique makeup style stands out above the rest and is easily recognizable as a soft and natural look that is not over done, but is subtle and elegant, similar to what you might see on the Red Carpet, perfect for a Bride on her wedding day.
My top priority is that my Brides are relaxed, happy, feeling and looking the most beautiful they could possibly be. I love to meet brides from all over the PNW, so traveling is not a big deal for me! I will give you the best deal for the high quality of work I do. My kit is full of top of the line products that are waiting to be used for your big day!

wedding
img0705web
jessekwan
a097
a089
botanical styled shoot 756 of 1062
The Outer Edge
botanical editorial final botanical editorial fina
morning light shoot 23 of 123

The Outer Edge 3
The Outer Edge 4
The Outer Edge 5

Erica · Married on 09/08/2018

I seriously could not have been happier with everything that Jen provided! I've been going to Jen for my regular hair appointments for the past 2 years, and she is such an incredible and inspirational person! I of course asked her to do my wedding hair and makeup, along with my 6 bridesmaids. She was incredibly professional throughout the planning and trial process and really listened to what I envisioned for my big day. The day of the wedding, she and her assistant were so fun to work with, they had all my bridesmaids laughing and having a great time! My hair and makeup stayed in place the entire night, even with me being on the dance floor for 2+ hours! I received so many compliments, and am so thankful to have booked Jen!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    The Outer Edge 6
  • Naomi

Naomi · Married on 08/17/2018

Jen is not only an incredible makeup artist and hairstylist, but also an uplifting and positive friend to have beside you as you start your wedding day. I first worked with Jen when she came to shoot in Paris, where I was living at the time. I immediately knew that she had to do my hair and makeup at my wedding, so when the time came, I asked her and then made plans to bring her out to Pittsburgh to do my hair and makeup, as well as my mom’s, my mother-in-law’s, and my bridesmaids’. She was the perfect person to have with me the morning of my wedding. So easygoing, so positive (I had a stressful morning, and she was able to keep me calm), and so talented. My hair and makeup absolutely exceeded every expectation, was gorgeous, and lasted through the whole night! She did a lovely job as well on everyone else, and I had so many bridesmaids later tell me how much they enjoyed getting to know her. She was not just another vendor at my wedding, but has rather become a lifelong friend. We loved having her! Photo credit to Meredith McKee Photography!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    The Outer Edge 7

Julie · Married on 08/11/2018

I loved working with Jen! I hired her for bridal/wedding hair and makeup. She also did hair and makeup for my boudoir session which was when I first met her. She is very personable and great at what she does. After the boudoir appointment I ended up booking her to get my balayage refreshened. She did such an amazing job! I told her about how the last 2 times I got it done at another salon, they didn't get the color right. She told me about the product uses which is made specifically for darker hair to get it lighter without bleach and damaging it. She got my balayage color right on point! When it came to the bridal trial, she did such a wonderful job with my hair. We talked a lot during the hair portion and I ended up running short on time because I had a dress fitting right after. So makeup didn't turn out how I wanted which was my fault but also you know your skin better than anyone else. I'm really oily so that was something I was worried about. I contacted Jen just to see if we can change up some things and she was so nice about it. I didn't have any doubts that it wasn't going to turn out right on wedding day because I trust her. She's been doing this for a long time and is passionate about her work. She addressed all my concerns and on wedding day it looked perfect! Throughout the process I got to know her better and she is such a good person. I will definitely be a returning client for hair/makeup needs!

Sent on 09/18/2018
    The Outer Edge 8

Award

The Outer Edge FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 90.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 200.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 20.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 20.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 90.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 15

• Wedding Wise
    Wedding Wise Wedding Planners

Not only is Jen a talented hair and makeup artist, she genuinely cares about her clients. If you want someone who listens to your ideas or concerns, goes above and beyond to deliver an excellent service and will become a great friend in the process, then I highly recommend Jen and The Outer Edge!

• Stephanie Walls Photography
    Stephanie Walls Photography Wedding Photographers

We love working with Jen from Outer Edge she is a true professional. Has amazing Talent With any hair or Makeup you are dreaming of for your wedding day. We would recommend her again and again.

• Photography by Betty Elaine
    Photography by Betty Elaine Wedding Photographers

Not only do I love working with Jen, but whenever I have hair and makeup needs she is my first choice! Her work is stunning, editorial, and she can make any style happen. I love that she can take timeless looks and make them fashion forward. You need Jen in your life, she makes your beauty desires a reality!