18 Reviews for The Outer Edge

Blowouts (1)
Hair Coloring (1)
Haircuts (1)
18 The Outer Edge Reviews

Jen was and is the best! When I went for my trial, she was patient and had great advice; I left knowing that I would be delighted and feeling good on the big day. On our wedding day itself, Jen did hair and make-up for four of us. She took the time to have each person feeling their best, and was a lovely, calming presence. When I wasn't sure about my hair, she adjusted. When I had my teary moment of overwhelm, she was the kindest. What more could you ask for? I wasn't sure that we needed hair and make-up done professionally, but I am so very glad that we spent the money, and that we chose Jen. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen was my hair and makeup stylist for my wedding. During my trial, I noted a few things I'd like to change for the big day. She was diligent at remembering these adjustments and applied them day of to perfection. It was my first time getting airbrush makeup and it made my skin look flawless. My hair was secure through the whole day. She also gives you an adorable touch up kit. On top of all of that, Jen is super sweet and fun to spend hours with on your most special day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/17/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Jen is a pleasure to work with. I was unsure of what look I wanted for my wedding, and she helped me come up with the perfect balance of natural but still "dressed-up." I felt confident in her talent, and enjoyed her upbeat personality!

Profile Picture User7431445, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen Lagers of the Outer Edge is everything you could want for a wedding day hair and makeup artist! Jen makes you feel so comfortable, is so fun to chat with, and is truly an artist. I had some notes for tweaks to my hair and makeup after my trial, and Jen incorporated them perfectly. I cannot say enough about how special she made each of us feel, and how beautiful everyone looked.

Profile Picture Risa, 8/12/16, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Risa, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen was by far one of my best vendors for my wedding! She was super fun and clearly had a handle on all things make-up and beauty related. I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis and she took all of my concerns into consideration and gave me a lovely natural look that I loved (it also photographed incredibly well!!). She was also very sweet to give eyeliner tips to my sister-who only had her hair professionally done-while she was completing my bridal hair. My mom and mother-in-law also had their hair done and the curls she created were very pretty.

Profile Picture Karly, 7/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Jen was a fantastic experience. From the first time sitting down in her chair for a trial through the wedding day she made me feel comfortable and confident in her abilities to make me look beautiful on my wedding day. My hair trial resulted in lessons learned on what NOT to do with my hair on the wedding day and with continued communication, Jen and I came up with a hair style that was perfection. I would highly recommend Jen for her hair styling skills.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I'll start by stating the obvious - Jen is amazing to work with! Not only is she fabulous at what she does, she is also someone that you'll want to spend the morning of your wedding with. She’s so fun, laid back, and gets along with everyone. I’ve worked with Jen as a wedding coordinator and as a bride myself, and she’s awesome at getting everyone ready in a timely manner without feeling hurried or rushed. She also takes time to care for everyone’s skin and make-up preferences, and the results are stunning! She was great at matching my make-up style to the look and feel of my wedding and I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day :) I’d highly recommend her to any bride and/or wedding party looking for a make-up artist!

Profile Picture Candi, 6/16/16, 1 Review
4.7

Overall Jen was absolutely amazing and I would hire her again! However I didn't receive touch-up lipstick which we had talked about, so that was my only complaint. Otherwise I would trust her with making me feel beautiful and confident everyday!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lisa-Marie, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so lucky to have found the talented Jen Lagers of The Outer Edge to do my hair and make-up for my wedding this past April. Jen is so, so, talented. She also cut and highlighted by hair before the wedding, and it is the best cut and color I've ever received. Jen is a rock-star!

The wedding hair and make-up trial put me completely at-ease. I felt beautiful and glamorous, but also like myself. This is the main reason I wanted to go with Jen, as she enhances natural beauty instead of making you look like someone you're not. She looked at my inspiration images and created a beautiful hair style that stayed put, all day. All of the products she uses are high quality - and lasted the entire day; through tears and all!

Her work speaks for itself. Something you may not be able to see through images - is how kind, sweet and patient Jen is. Jen is an absolute joy to work with; she loves what she does, and it shows.

Profile Picture User6551452, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Coloring, Haircuts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

Jen did such a wonderful job on my wedding day. She really made me feel like a princess! The makeup stayed on all night despite countless hours of dancing. My bridesmaids and mother also looked fabulous all day. Not to mention she was prompt, professional, and willing to listen to my and everyone else's beauty requests. I wholeheartedly recommend Jen to any bride or woman looking to look and feel her most beautiful.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen is fabulous, she is so sweet and down to earth. She takes to time to listen to what is important for you as a bride and offers her artistic point of view as well. She did everyone's hair and makeup in my of party 5 in such a professional and timely matter. She takes each individual and highlights their natural beauty. I had a outdoor wedding in September in Washington state, as could be predicated in my state it started down pouring during our first photos as a married couple. We got our photos back and my makeup and hair was flawless, honestly I couldn't have been happier with the job she did. I highly recommend outer edge if you want a professional, durable, and beautiful hair and makeup.

Profile Picture Tara, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Jen is a joy to work with and very talented.

Profile Picture User6168426, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen is awesome! She had the best prices I found and she actually does this for a living--not just something she does for fun on the side. She truly knows what she is doing! She was so responsive to all the emails I sent and super flexible. She made sure the makeup and hair was exactly what I wanted and made the changes I wanted on the day of (which were minor because what she did for the trial was almost perfect!). She is so so sweet--I absolutely loved working with her!

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen was a pleasure to work with. She responded to e-mails very quickly, even during the height of wedding season. That was so helpful in keeping my stress level down. My bridesmaids, mom, and I were all so happy with how our makeup and hair turned out on the big day. All the ladies in my bridal party are very low maintenance, natural beauties. I was nervous they would look too made-up and feel uncomfortable after getting their make-up professionally done. I was blown away by how Jen was able to match their make-up and hairstyles to their personalities, and bring out their best features. All my favorite ladies looked amazing in pictures, and I could tell they felt comfortable and confident. I was equally happy with my bridal makeup and hair. I spent more money on hair and makeup than I thought I would, but Jen's prices seem to be consistent with most other people, even taking into account the extra charge to travel an hour each way to our venue. You really don't appreciate how important it is to get your make-up and hair professionally done until you see your wedding photos, it was worth every penny.

Profile Picture User6159860, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Jen is truely a gem. Best decision I made besides saying "I do". I usually wear subtle make up but have picky skin so needed coverage, I also obviously wanted to step it up a notch for the wedding, but didn't want to go overboard- SHE READ MY MIND! It was perfect! And for the hair, I had a picture and she matched it beautifully!!! Most of all though, even with hair and makeup on point, it is her personality that is truely irreplaceable. I would have her ( and her assistant) at my wedding just to have them there. Absolute dreams. Book her, you won't be sorry.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Claire, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup
4.7

Jen is an absolute doll! She's friendly, down-to-earth, and truly makes you feel and look beautiful! She's been doing my hair for years, so it was no question to have her style my hair and do my makeup on my big day! I'd definitely recommend her to anyone tying the knot! Cheers!

Profile Picture Mara, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen did my hair and make-up along with my mother's make-up for my wedding reception. She did a phenomenal job! She really listens to what you want and works with you to create a beautiful look. She uses quality products and really knows her stuff in regards to the latest make-up artist techniques and hair styles. She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her services!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews