The Otherside Creatives

3500 Parkdale Drive, Suite AA, Baltimore, MD 21211 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Package Price $3,800
Availability Check your date

About The Otherside Creatives

The Otherside Creatives is a full-service wedding planning company located in Baltimore, Maryland. They believe that “some people were born to party.” This passionate team of planners loves to break traditional rules, and find ways to transform small details into the overall theme of the day. The Otherside Creatives pride themselves on being trendsetters, and their ability to throw one-of-a-kind affairs.

Experience

Anna and Jordan are the owners and lead planners of this unique business. They have over 10 years of experience in the event planning industry, and they love what they do. Their goal is to capture the essence of each couple they work with, and bring their unique vision to life.

The Otherside Creatives offers three packages to choose between: Full Planning, Partial Planning and Month of Planning & Coordination. They also offer a la carte services, such as an additional coordinator, pre-wedding planning and day-of coordination. Anna and Jordan are skilled in almost every wedding type imaginable, from religious to destination, elopements and more. Additional services include, but are not limited to:

• Outline a budget
photo oct 19 3 40 07 pm 51 1004950 158025142053029

25 Reviews for The Otherside Creatives

Alyssa Bouma · Getting married on 07/08/2022

Saved my life and my wedding during Covid-19

I cannot recommend The Otherside Creatives highly enough. Anna has helped make my wedding planning process so smooth and has answered questions before I even thought to ask them countless times. She has recommended vendors, laid out floor plans, said yes to any and every weird and non-traditional idea, been honest when an idea wasn't a great one, let me just vent when I needed to, and so so much more.This week we had to reschedule my wedding due to COVID-19, and we couldn't have done it without her. She took one of the most stressful situations ever and made it feel like something we could overcome by talking with all of my vendors and making so many arrangements for us to be able to quickly pick a new date. I have no doubt that my new wedding date will run smoothly with her at the helm and trust her to overcome literally any obstacle after this. Take the current chaos of the word as a cue and hire Anna so that you have an incredible teammate in coordinating your wedding! Wedding coordinators are indispensable even without a global pandemic, and Anna is just the best.

Sent on 03/18/2020

Kelly Gonski · Getting married on 07/07/2022

The Otherside Creatives, WE LOVE YOU!

Married- July 31, 2020! We did the impossible - we got married during a global pandemic (COVID-19). I very much hope this review reaches bride and grooms-to-be far passed the scary year of 2020. I wanted to share my experience so people can understand the importance of hiring a wedding coordinator, and not just any coordinator, you need to hire Anna and Jordan at The Otherside Creatives.

Here’s why:

I was introduced to The Otherside Creatives amazing work in November 2018 while attending my cousin’s gorgeous outdoor fall wedding. I had never been to such a unique wedding that was designed so perfectly to the couple’s style and personalities. Every single detail exhumed a vibe that we were in Ashley and Joey’s love story, not just a wedding. It felt as beautiful as it looked, it was just so special. I remember thinking “If I ever get married, that’s exactly what I want my wedding to feel like.”

The following April of 2019, I was engaged with the plan of being married spring 2020. I reached out to my new cousin in-law and asked for her every detail and her response was simply “Anna and Jordan. That’s what made my wedding. I couldn’t have done it without them.” From the beginning, Anna steered us to the venue and vendors that worked best with our style and price range. Anna sent us to our industrial dream wedding venue, introduced me to an amazing florist, caterer, and equipment rental vendors. Anna assembled an amazing team and together we designed a beautiful industrial style wedding with 185-200 guests for May 29, 2020. All contracts were locked in and signed. Everything was smooth sailing through our six month countdown, then the four month countdown… Then….. COVID.

I really didn’t want to go into COVID and all the restrictions and phases, but I want others to understand the magnitude of not just a wedding coordinator’s contribution, but how Anna and Jordan went above and beyond to make this day perfect. So, bear with me and the COVID talk.

By March, we needed to make the tough decision to postpone our wedding. But not only were we on Covid’s timeline, my fiancé is also in an intense academic program. His Fall semester was to start in August 2020, where he would have zero availability to commit to even his own wedding. Enter our hero, Anna! By the end of the day, she had coordinated with our venue and every one of our vendors and presented us with three dates that worked with everyone. Just like the rest of the world, we didn’t know how serious and for how long this virus was going to impact us, so we chose July 31st. Anna connected us with a lovely calligrapher that gifted us postponement announcements and our guests were updated within a week! We were excited about the new date. WE WILL HAVE OUR WEDDING….

Again, enter COVID. What should have been “The best time of our lives”, was looking like the world’s worst time. Anna kept in constant contact checking on me and updating me with all the news. I felt so guilty caring about my wedding during a global pandemic, but Anna completely understood. It was time to make another tough decision- postpone, cancel, or adjust. Anna asked me “What do you want? What works for you and I will make it happen?” My answer was simple- I just wanted to be married. Anna promised me just that and with positive encouragement that my day would be perfect! It was hard to believe at the time… but she was so right! I’ll get to it, I promise!

We knew we would not be able to follow through with our original wedding plan. We needed to start from scratch and let go of all original work. We notified our guests that we were canceling our wedding with the hope of an intimate ceremony aka micro-wedding, with our parents and siblings. My first thought was my Mom’s backyard. I sent Anna a picture of the property and she immediately replied and said “I can see it! Let’s do it!” By the end of the day, once again, Anna had all vendors on board, excited for the new venue and pitching me new ideas with adjusted contracts with our existing vendors and was put in touch with new vendors needed for the new venue.

The months leading up we moved with the phases. In less than two months, we went from an industrial Baltimore City wedding of up to 200 guests, to a backyard micro wedding of 25 guests and virtual ceremony. When the next layer of restrictions changed, so did our wedding. Every single time a restriction changed, so did we. Which meant so did updates with our caterer, florist, equipment rentals, etc. Every. Single. Time. Together we planned four weddings in less than two months ending with 75 guests at the two week out mark. We had another big set-back when our photographer was no longer able to travel (again COVID), at two weeks out. Anna knew who to send us to and by Monday we had a new, amazing photographer.

The days leading up to the wedding, Anna was there every moment. From morning to night, for every delivery and set up. She was at my Mom’s house with coffee, positivism, and excitement. Handling every crisis from “How do we get this truck down the driveway, let’s move the dance floor 4 feet to the left, the stakes in the ground for the tent, the zig zag of the twinkle lights”, and so much more. Her relationships with all the vendors were the perfect amount of professional and personal. They listened to her every word with upmost respect, but were also able to have fun, laugh, and joke! We had a great time those few days and I honestly miss it!

Wedding day came and of course, Anna and Jordan were there bright and early to manage every single detail. You will never fully understand the saying “it flies by” until it’s your wedding day. I am so glad I was able to spend time with my girls instead of running around in the heat AND RAIN setting things up, or even just being bothered with questions every five minutes. If I walked outside for anything, Anna or Jordan would say “We got this!” The weather wasn’t the most ideal wedding weather. Anna and Jordan worked on their feet through the hot, humid, rainy, and muddy day for over 16 hours, handling every detail, making sure we were in the right place at the right time. Not only making sure we (bride and groom) were happy, but also our parents, bridal party, guests and the other vendors. I’ll never forget the moment I was about to walk down the aisle, I looked around in amazement at the most beautiful wedding.

Wedding planning should be fun with the overall finale of being about YOU and what YOU want! That’s the outcome when hiring The Otherside Creatives. From the beginning, they steered us to the right place and people. Through every stressful twist and turn they helped us make this almost impossible wedding, possible and even more beautiful than I could have imagined. I pray that couples never have to face all of these obstacles. But sadly, the year 2020 has taught us that this world is far crazier than you can ever be prepared for. For us, everything that could go wrong did and without the help of Anna and Jordan, we would not have had a wedding. Let alone a wedding we loved SO MUCH!

We cannot thank Anna and Jordan enough! Hire these lovely ladies and you’ll have your own one of a kind/original BEAUTIFUL wedding, like us and fellow Otherside Creative couples!

We love you!

My apologies for the longest review in history!

Sent on 09/02/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Otherside Creatives FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3800.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 5500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Guest List Creation
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• 3500 Parkdale Drive, Suite AA Baltimore, MD, 21211 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (The Otherside Creatives)
  • 3500 Parkdale Drive, Suite AA Baltimore, MD, 21211 See on map
    410-346-3967 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Otherside Creatives)