2011 Rainbow Rd, Lexington, KY 40503 Map · Phone number

About The Needle's Eye Alterations

The Needle's Eye is an alteration shop specializing in bridal and formal wear. We have been serving Kentuckians since 1983 in all areas of alterations. I would estimate 5,000 brides have had their special gown altered by me and my highly professional tailors since I opened my shop 30 years ago. We are perfectionists, and proud of it!! All formal alterations are by appointment only (859-278-4394). We like to have 6 weeks turnaround time for a bridal gown and 3 weeks for others.We understand situations when the event is much sooner and accept rushes to accommodate this - without compromising quality. I treat every gown as if it were my own daughters' and this year I had the pleasure of altering my daughters' wedding gown. We would love the opportunity to serve your alteration needs Have a "fit" with us! Belinda Doty,Tailor and Owner

Follow The Needle's Eye Alterations on

The Needle's Eye Alterations 1
The Needle's Eye Alterations 2

Jessie Weinmann · Married on 05/11/2019

Belinda is awesome!!

Belinda was so so amazing and made my dress just perfect. I was worried about the bustle because it was a handkerchief sort of skirt and kind of complicated but it came out so well! She also fit my mom in last minute for some alterations to her dress before the wedding. She is the best!!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 10/13/2018

Belinda did fantastic work with my wedding dress! When I purchased the dress, I ordered two sizes up per the boutique. Needless to say the dress needed to be taken in quite a bit, and I was concerned about how it might change the look of the dress. Alterations is truly a speciality and an art, and I’ve seen the done incorrectly. Belinda immediately put my mind at ease with her knowledge, professionalism, and care. The dress turned out absolutely perfect! On the plus side, I actually paid less for alterations than I budgeted. I know many brides are sticker shocked by alterations pricing, but it’s worth it to get someone who knows the art. Needle’s Eye is of great value and is not over priced, especially given the quality and care of work. If you need alterations, there’s nowhere else to go! I would’ve traveled hours for Belinda!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Kirsten · Married on 10/07/2017

Belinda is amazing! The dress fit absolutely perfect and looked great. I felt confident in her and never worried about my dress at all. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2017

• Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Customary Attire

• Wedding Wonderland
    Wedding Wonderland Wedding Dresses

Belinda and her staff will NOT disappoint on your wedding gown alterations. Do it right and allow Needle's Eye be your alteration source

• The Bridal Suite of Louisville
    The Bridal Suite of Louisville Wedding Dresses

Belinda has been taking care of brides for many years. She is our Go-to Seamstress for our brides living in the greater Lexington area. We highly recommend her for Bridal Gowns, Mothers, and bridesmaids.

• Elizabeth Ashley Photography
    Elizabeth Ashley Photography Wedding Photographers

I used the Needle's Eye for my alterations last September, and could not say enough nice things about Belinda! She was beyond sweet, and explained everything she was doing! I couldn't have been happier with the alterations made to my wedding gown and would recommend her to anyone of the brides I photograph as well as anyone I know!

• 2011 Rainbow Rd Lexington, 40503 See on map