The Needle's Eye Alterations Reviews

The Needle's Eye Alterations 1
The Needle's Eye Alterations 2

Jessie Weinmann · Married on 05/11/2019

Belinda is awesome!!

Belinda was so so amazing and made my dress just perfect. I was worried about the bustle because it was a handkerchief sort of skirt and kind of complicated but it came out so well! She also fit my mom in last minute for some alterations to her dress before the wedding. She is the best!!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 10/13/2018

Belinda did fantastic work with my wedding dress! When I purchased the dress, I ordered two sizes up per the boutique. Needless to say the dress needed to be taken in quite a bit, and I was concerned about how it might change the look of the dress. Alterations is truly a speciality and an art, and I’ve seen the done incorrectly. Belinda immediately put my mind at ease with her knowledge, professionalism, and care. The dress turned out absolutely perfect! On the plus side, I actually paid less for alterations than I budgeted. I know many brides are sticker shocked by alterations pricing, but it’s worth it to get someone who knows the art. Needle’s Eye is of great value and is not over priced, especially given the quality and care of work. If you need alterations, there’s nowhere else to go! I would’ve traveled hours for Belinda!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Kirsten · Married on 10/07/2017

Belinda is amazing! The dress fit absolutely perfect and looked great. I felt confident in her and never worried about my dress at all. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2017
    The Needle's Eye Alterations 3

Alexandra · Married on 05/28/2017

Belinda at the Needle's Eye did all of the alterations for my wedding dress. She was wonderful about working around my busy schedule! And her work is simply amazing! My wedding dress was everything I had dreamed it would be! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Ji Young · Married on 10/29/2016

Belinda was so great to work with. At first the price seemed high to me but after getting my dress and realizing it fit like a glove it was all worth it. My dress truly fit like it was custom made for me. My dress had alencon lace that had to be taken off by hand to hem the dress and re-beaded so it was pretty labor intensive. You could not tell that there were any alterations made to my dress. I would highly recommend them for your wedding dress alterations. They did a fantastic job and were very professional. Belinda is cute as can be and has a beautiful shop as well.

Sent on 11/22/2016

K · Married on 08/27/2016

Belinda was so wonderful to me! Although her prices aren't cheap, I found that my dress fit perfectly on the day of my wedding and she and her staff are a dream to work with.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2016

Belinda was amazing! I wouldn't have trusted my wedding dress with anyone else! The fit was perfect and I got it back in a timely manner.

Sent on 06/24/2017

The team at The Needle's Eye Alterations did a fantastic job altering my dress and a few of my bridesmaids' dresses. They were easy to work with, reasonable on price, and had our dresses finished within a timely manner.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Needle's Eye did a fantastic job on my bridal gown. I asked around at a Bridal show for the best place to go for alterations and everybody (except for one store that recommended themselves) recommends her. They were all correct.
    She was professional, quick, and affordable.

Sent on 02/13/2016
  • VWCat

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

The Needle's Eye is gorgeously appointed located in a beautiful brick cottage with hardwood floors. It is meticulously clean. Belinda is very efficient, but she never makes you feel rushed. We were late on our first appointment, and she still made time for me and to look over my wedding dress. Everyone we met with obviously knew bridal gowns and how to alter them. They showed me how they would hem my dress while keeping the length of the train, and different ways to make the bodice lie flat. When we picked up my gown, she immediately knew where it was and had it ready for me to try on. Belinda showed my mom how to bustle my gown, and she made it very simple for us. The Needle's Eye is a truly bridal experience.

Sent on 09/27/2015

What a wonderful experience we had using The Needle's Eye Alterations for my daughter's wedding dress and my mother of the bride dress. I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Belinda is amazing! I live in Colorado and was only in a town twice this year before the wedding. Each time I was in town, it was just for a weekend and I always had a ton of appointments planned. Belinda worked around my schedule and was so accommodating. I first worked with her assistant who was also wonderful but then worked with Belinda for my second fitting and the final one right before the wedding. When I ordered my dress, the boutique told me that they would do alterations for me for free but it wasn't until my mom picked it up that we found out they no longer would alter it for us. This was just a few days before I was coming into town to try on the dress for the first time. My mom knew Belinda and quickly called her to see if she could fit me in and she did without any hesitation. She did a wonderful job and the price was lower than I originally expected. She complimented my dress and how I looked in it so many times. I'm sure it is standard for her to do but she really did make me feel so special every time I put it on in front of her. She is just the sweetest gal! Belinda worked on my sisters wedding gown three years ago and my Maid of Honor dress for her wedding. She did amazing on those as well. My sisters dress was a little more complicated than mine but she really did make it so beautiful. Our family will always go to Needles Eye for all alterations needs.

Sent on 10/10/2015
  • I

Iris · Married on 06/13/2015

Belinda Doty and her team do tremendously skilled work; their expertise and experience make the quality of their alterations top notch. I booked my first session to get my wedding dress fitted a little bit later than was ideal, but Belinda very kindly expedited the schedule for me, and when I went in to try on and pick up the dress the week before I flew out of town for my wedding, I put on a gown that had been transformed from a plain old sample dress to one that fit me absolutely perfectly and had been expertly tailored with minute attention, down to the tiniest detail (Belinda even described how they redid some of the intricate beading, which had come a little loose before I brought the dress to them). On my wedding day, I walked down the aisle, posed for pictures, hugged family and friends, kissed my husband, twirled, ran, and more in comfort and confidence thanks to my perfectly fitted gown. I have always had trouble wearing strapless dresses in the past, but Belinda's team altered my wedding gown so well that it felt like a second skin: not only did the bodice stay firmly in place all day without my having to tug on it, but never once did it pinch or make me feel in the least bit constricted. The dress felt like a dream to wear the whole time, and I really owe the credit for that to the magic that Belinda and her team worked on it! I would highly recommend The Needle's Eye to any Lexington-based brides in search of dress alterations (or anyone who needs alterations in general--they do much more than wedding wear!). Belinda and her staff are kind, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and efficient, and their beautiful work is worth every penny.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Laura · Married on 10/16/2010

I can not say enough positives about Belinda at the Needle's Eye! She was so pleasant and easy to work with. I had been to another alteration business and was not satisfied with the work that had been done on my wedding gown (had only one fitting and was told that no further alterations would improve the fit of my dress and that it was the best they could do). I was honest with Belinda and told her what had happened (I never mentioned the other alteration place by name) and that I wanted to get a "second opinion" from her about the alterations I felt I needed for my dress to fit comfortably. Right away, she had several ideas that she felt would improve the fit of my dress. She immediately relieved a lot of stress for me--I sure didn't want to feel uncomfortbale in my dress on my wedding day. I had a few fittings with Belinda leading up to my wedding day to make "tweaks" and adjustments as needed so I would have the BEST possible fit on the day of my wedding. I also thought her pricing was very reasonable.

I will definitely recommend her to others seeking alteration services--she does much more than wedding attire!

Located on Southland Drive, Lexington, KY

Sent on 10/28/2010

Ashtin · Married on 06/04/2015

My dress was quite complicated to alter with an intricate bodice and overlay of lace. The Needle's Eye was great at doing the alterations. It fit perfectly and were very responsive with any questions or comments I had. The price was a little higher than I wanted but I understand the difficulty of the dress.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Belinda and her staff were able to make my dress look like it was made for me, even though when I walked in, my dress didn't fit at ALL, and I hated some of the details and wanted them changed. The alterations look fabulous. The shop is pretty and easily accessible. My only issue, and it's such a slight one, is that Belinda's busy (or is it me?!)--it was tough to get appointments that fit my schedule. (Yeah, that's probably me...)

Sent on 06/16/2014

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

Belinda did a wonderful job on my dress. The top of my wedding dress had many layers to go through to get it to fit properly and I was worried about the fit. She was very knowledgeable and professional and finished with plenty of time. Her shop is spacious and clean. She is also very quick to respond on any and all questions and is very accommodating. The Needle's Eye Alterations came highly recommended from a friend and now I highly recommend! Comparing to other shops, she is barely more expensive but well worth it!!! She is very detailed. My bustle was VERY inconspicuous (which I loved). She did a great job and if I ever need anything in the future, I will be back!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    The Needle's Eye Alterations 4

Erin · Married on 11/05/2016

Work was on point! Belinda was lovely to work with and she has so much experience. The cost of alterations were higher than anticipated, but that is no fault to Belinda. Choose your wedding dress fabric wisely. I don't want to do it again,I love mine, but I would look out when purchasing dresses. The purchase period is the most crucial for the cost you will see later. Needle's eye was great!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Ellen · Married on 06/25/2016

The Needle's Eye was recommended to me by the bridal salon where I purchased my dress, and I am so glad! Belinda was incredible to work with, and she altered my dress to literal perfection. She not only changed the shape of my dress from A-line to fit and flare perfectly, but also emergency altered an errant seam at the bust, and everything looked perfect! In addition, she recommended a where to take my dress to be steamed before our wedding day. I would recommend The Needle's Eye to any and all brides!

Sent on 07/17/2016

I was referred here by another local bride. Appointments were easy to make, Belinda was gracious and friendly, and the shop is absolutely beautiful. It was nice having a LARGE fitting room to put on my dress without feeling claustrophobic. I think she loved my dress as much as I do! I did not compare prices - this was the first shop I chose - so I can't say much about the cost, but it was worth every penny.

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • Grace

Grace Thackston · Married on 06/15/2019

Belinda knows what she is doing!!

I am so glad I found Needle's Eye on google. Belinda is incredibly professional and you can tell she knows what she is doing. She communicates well and fittings never took long. My only complaint is I wish I'd had a better idea of what it would cost ahead of time. It's the kind of thing I decided to just pay for, but it was pricier than I had anticipated. However, she does sit down with you and explain how she is adding up the price. It depends on how many layers the dress has, how much lace, etc. I trusted her and didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of like you do some places. The alterations were truly stunning and I felt like it was MY dress by the end of it, not just a wedding dress I was wearing. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Janet · Married on 06/16/2018

I have to say that overall Belinda and her team did a wonderful job on my wedding dress alterations. I had a pricey dress and Bridal and Formal recommended them. I went in expecting to have to pay a fortune, but it was actually under budget! The only complaint I had was that I called in November to make an appointment for March. When I called in February to confirm my March appointment the woman I spoke to said that she didn't have me down. She said it was likely that their date book got changed for the new year and my appointment didn't make it over. I thought that was pretty unprofessional, especially when they fill up so quickly. She did manage to fit me in two weeks later and my dress was finished with plenty of time. But if you make an appointment more than six months out, make sure you call to confirm!

Sent on 05/30/2018

The Needle's Eye Alterations's reply:

Glad you were happy with alterations, fee, and timeliness of having them completed. Sorry about the appointment mishap- computers drive me crazy! Mistakes happen- I’m always striving for perfection!

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

I was planning a wedding on a budget, but decided to splurge a little on alterations because a good fit for my wedding dress was very important to me and my church required certain alterations to make the dress "modest". This shop came highly recommended so I went with it. During my first appointment I was pleased with the plan. During my second fitting, I was happy with the fit of the dress, but not with the modesty piece, b/c it simply was not doing it's job. I asked about fixing it, and the answer was basically to take the dress back out or pay more money to have it redone. The alterations specialist did not seem too happy about the idea of having to redo the piece and I was already spending over $500 for the alterations alone, I picked up the dress the week before the wedding and I tried it on. I was not happy with the fit of the dress at all. It was baggy around the underarms and waist. The straps that were added were not what I had originally imagined when we discussed them. I have to take some of the blame b/c I did not speak up more, but during the fittings, when I did mention something I didn't like, I felt as though the alterations specialist just blew it off and was irritated that I would say I didn't like something. Overall, I ended up dissatisfied with the fit of my dress. The straps and modesty piece did their job, but the fit was just not what I wanted. I paid more to avoid worry about my alterations, but ended up paying more for a job I was not happy with. :(

Sent on 07/30/2014

2.0
      3.5
      3.5
      0.5
      0.5
      2.5

My advise is the check at least one or two alteration shops before you decide on the Needle's Eye. We had a fitting for a wedding gown with the Needle's Eye. After the fitting we were quoted $560.00 to hem the gown and take in the bust a little on each side and our dress would not be ready until one week before the wedding. We decided to compare other prices with alteration shops in the area. We paid $20.00 for the fitting fee at the Needle's Eye. After a fitting at another alteration shop we were quoted $80.00 to do the same alterations and the second fitting was a week later. My advise to the Needle's Eye is to have an invoice with the price for each alteration. We were given a small slip of paper with several prices jotted down and no description as to what alteration went with what price.

Sent on 06/03/2016

The Needle's Eye Alterations's reply:

I encourage checking both price and quality of alteration on bridal gown alterations. This particular gown required sides, shoulder, hem, bustle, and relacing of all parts mentioned. Yes, her ESTIMATE was $560. Yes, I need about 10 weeks for bridal gown alterations. I should've taken the mother upstairs to see my workroom and number of gowns we are currently altering to perfection. I explained the breakdown of costs to them, as I do all my brides. Posting a pricelist isn't an option with bridal gowns that are a multitude of styles. Yes, I charge a $20 fitting fee for the time I've spent with a bride who chooses to have it altered elsewhere. Good luck to her and I hope the gown fits to perfection.

1.0

After a 10 minute appointment, I was quoted $620 to hem my wedding dress and take the bust in a little. After deciding I couldn't afford that I was charged a $20 fee for her time after all the pins were removed. Don't go here unless you are willing to pay a lot for a little.

Sent on 04/02/2016

The Needle's Eye Alterations's reply:

I am sorry this bride felt compelled to write an inaccurate review. An hour was scheduled for her fitting. The cost of alteration ESTIMATE was less than she quoted. Alterations consisted of taking in sides, hemming, bustle, adding bra cups, and relacing/rebeading the gown. We are professionals and our quality of service is top notch. $20 is a minimal amount for time invested in her gown. I've been satisfying brides for 33+ years - other reviews prove my response!