Make you wedding or private affair FUN! Book The Insiders Band now!
Insiders Band Wedding FAQ
Q: What factors influence the cost of the band?
A: Date, time and place of the event, and number of pieces are the main factors.
Q: How many pieces should I hire?
A: The Insiders Band plays most often (more than 150 dates per year) as a 2 piece, but more pieces can be added upon request. We have a state of the art sound system and use a lot of modern technology to sound like a MUCH larger band.
Q . What style of music do you play?
A . The Insiders Band plays a variety of most popular styles of music - just have a look at our Song List! We can play music from the 50's to today's most current hits! One of our strengths is being able to read the crowd and choose appropriate songs to get people dancing and having fun. You can inform us of any of your musical likes or dislikes (country, rap, oldies, disco, classic rock etc).
Q: How specific should I be with my musical requests
A: You are likely hiring The Insiders Band not only for our musicianship, but equally or more for our learned ability to get your guests of all ages having the time of their life. We welcome your requests and and styles of music you would like or NOT like to hear, but it’s not necessary to try to hand pick the song list for the night. One of our strengths is being able to read your audience and choose what is best suited for them.
Q . Does The Insiders Band play at many weddings/parties?
A . YES! Weddings & parties are our specialty! We currently play between 25-30 weddings and/or parties a year, and our client’s testimonials speak for us (please read above).
Q . How does the band dress for a wedding reception?
A . Unless directed otherwise, formal evening attire. We can also dress appropriately for Luau’s, Back Yard Parties, Holidays, Birthdays, etc
Q . How long do you typically play for?
A . Our standard time frame is four hours, but additional time (or less time) can be arranged depending on the date, time and location of your party.
Q . How many breaks do you take?
A . We usually take two breaks during a four hour party. Our main concern is you and your guests having the best time of their lives, not taking breaks.
Q . What happens when the band takes a break? I don't want my party to stop!
A . We provide DJ music on all breaks
Q . How much will it cost to have The Insiders Band at my wedding or party?
A .The price depends on a few variables; Date, time and place of the event, and number of pieces are the main factors. Please email us with as much info about your event as possible and we’ll send you a price quote.
Q . Is it possible to view the band?
A . Please view our schedule page for our public dates (including Philadelphia Phillies home games @ McFadden’s @ Citizen’s Bank Park)
Q: How far will you travel to play a wedding?
The Insiders Band will travel anywhere to play your event. We are from the western Philly suburbs and typically play within a 100 mile radius without any added travel expense.
Q . Do I need to meet with the Band Leader?
A . The event planning can be done over the telephone and via e-mail.
Q . How will you handle the flow of events, the introduction of the bridal party and the special dances?
A . You'll receive a copy of our wedding or party procedure form in advance that allows you to specify how the day's events will be handled. The Insiders Band is experienced at working with event coordinators, catering staff and other vendors, so you are ensured that the day will run according to your expectations.
Q . Do you have any other helpful hints or suggestions?
A . Yes, here are a few:
-Ask your venue if they require liability insurance from the band, as this is an added expense.
-Older guests are often very sensitive to sound, even at low volumes. Although volume is never an issue with The Insiders Band , please consider the preferences of your guests. When creating your seating plan for the reception, be sure to seat the older guests away from the band. They'll thank you for it!
-To create the right atmosphere, be sure to talk to the host/hostess about dimming the room lights after the dinner service has been completed. This helps to set the mood for dancing.
-Because of our technology, state of the art sound system, and instruments that we play, we need about the same amount of room as a 4 piece band. We CAN take measures to condense our set up if need be, though.
-Good planning and communication will enable us to do the best possible job of maintaining a smooth flow of events. Get all of your information to the band as early as possible, including your itinerary, wedding procedure form and any other special requests or dedications.
General Wedding FAQ
Q: What kind of band should I hire?
A: It’s OK to hire a specialty band that you like (i.e.- a swing, calypso, blues, or jazz band). However, be mindful of the type of event you are having and your guests. What type of band will please the majority of the people at your event? A band that performs at weddings often is also familiar with the formalities and works with the function coordinator to ensure that all formalities occur when they should or when you specified in advance.
Q: If I book a wedding band early will they be able to hold my date?
A: Believe it or not there are some wedding bands that will allow you to book them early but will tell you that they can't hold that date. Honoring a customer's early booking and crossing off that date on their calendar for each and every customer is the mark of a great wedding band. Be extremely wary of bands who don't guarantee that they'll be available on the date that you book them or want to book them. Additionally booking a wedding band early helps to ensure that the band you're interested in will be available on the date of your wedding so don't wait!
Q: What size band should I hire?
A: It is often thought that the larger number of members in the band, the “larger” the sound of the band is. This is not always the case. With talent, dedication and modern musical equipment, it is not uncommon for a smaller band to have a bigger and better sound than a larger band. What determines whether or not a band will have a large enough sound to fill a specific venue is inevitably the quality and power of the band’s sound system, and not the number of members included in the band. It is similar to trying to compare a Cadillac to a Ferrari. It is interesting to reflect upon the fact that two of the greatest bands in history were 4-piece bands: “Queen” and “The Beatles”. What separates them from the rest, aside from their great songs, is their vocal prowess, not the number of band members.
Q: Aside from musical skills, what else should I be looking for in a band for a wedding?
A: An experienced wedding band is usually well versed in the flow of events at a wedding. It is the band’s job to work with the function director and other professionals involved, in coordinating the different events that take place. For example, the band needs to make sure the photographer and videographer are informed before they begin the cake-cutting ceremony. The band will usually provide you with a sheet to fill out indicating the names of the people to be introduced, special dance selections and all of the other details regarding the events that will take place at your wedding reception. The band then keeps track of when these events are to take place during the reception and makes sure that nothing is forgotten and the reception flows. The band leader should either meet with you in person or by phone within a few weeks prior to your event to review the details.
Q: How many breaks does the band usually take?
A: During a four-hour function, there are typically three sets with two breaks in between. The first break usually occurs when the main course is being served. The band then would play CD dinner music during the main course. The second break typically occurs between the two dance sets, during which the band would play CD dance music to keep the party going.
Q: Should I tell the band which songs I want them to play?
A: Most experienced wedding bands are very adept at knowing how to read a crowd, and knowing which songs to play at the most appropriate times. An experienced band will play music that will please all elements and age groups of your audience. A good band will usually be very flexible with regards to incorporating your requests of songs you do and do not want played. In addition, most experienced bands will be willing to accommodate special songs on CD you want to have played. It is not necessary to be TOO specific, though. You are hiring your band to help bring a fun mood and get your guests dancing, and as long as you hire a good, professional band-they know best how to do that.
* "Thank you so much for making our annual Luau a total success. Two days later and I am still getting emails and phone calls telling me how much fun they had. Where oh Where did I find that band??? The Insiders are the main reason the Luau is such a success year after year!!!!! Thank you Scott and Vicky!!!!"-Donna
* "How can I say this.... YOU GUYS ROCKED! Thank you so much for playing at our wedding. We have heard nothing but great things from our friends and family about how much they enjoyed the music and how much fun they had. We will come see you guys soon at DaVincis." -Melissa
*"How to turn a gathering in to a party? Just add The Insiders! There is no better party-starter than The Insiders! The Insiders made our wedding the one that our guests will be talking about for years to come-you guys rocked!" -Dan
* "we can't thank you & vicky enough! you took our party over the top! absolutely incredible!!" -jen
* "you guys are the hardest working musicians i know and put a lot of effort into your performances" -bill
* "Thanks so much! You were fantastic! The Insiders really know how to light up a room. They were able to make a shy bride come out of her shell!! Everyone kept asking us, "who is the band???!!!!" Truly amazing evening and a pleasure to work with!! XO, Jeannie and Nick.
* "We finally have the pictures back from the photographer so I thought I'd pass a few along that show what an incredible party you a Vicky throw. Our friends are still talking about you guys!!! One of the best decisions we made in our planning was to have you guys play. The party ROCKED from the very first song and I don't think anyone sat down the rest of the night. You guys are amazing!!! Thank you again for making our night one that NO ONE will ever forget!!!" -John & Eric
* "Wedding of the Century!!! Thanks SOOOOOO Much.. Everyone has A BLAST!!!! Thank you for doing our wedding! Everyone loved you guys! All the people who went to the wedding couldnt stop talking about how much fun you guys were! Thanks again!"- Andrew & Jen
* "Our wedding day was perfect! We had an unbelievable time and our guests are still talking about how great the reception was almost 3 months later. We owe a lot of that to The Insiders! You guys got everyone up and moving right away and no one ever sat back down!! Even our grandparents were up and dancing because you made sure to play such a variety of songs! You guys are the best! We will never be able to thank you enough for making our day so memorable". - Jess and Justin
* "The Insiders provided great energy, perfect song selection, and plenty of audience interaction at the 2011 RatnerPrestia Employee Appreciation Dinner! Scott and Vicky were very accommodating and professional - a pleasure to work with! They helped to make this one of the best Firm events ever!" - Mike
* "I’ve been to a lot of weddings, at a lot of different places, and I’ve seen more bands pack the dance floor than I can count. But I have rarely seen a band get the crowd as excited as these guys, the Insiders." -Ryan Estes (Photographer http://www.theryanestesblog.com)
* ...not only are you great musically, but the way you interact with the audience really puts you in a league of your own! nearly everyone made a point of telling me that our daughters’ [wedding] was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. Thanks! -Tom
* We booked the insiders for our wedding after receiving several recommendations from our friends. We're so glad we did. You killed it. You were accommodating, playing everything we wanted, and versatile, able to play all different genres. The best part about the Insiders though, and what we think separates you from other bands that we considered was your ability to bring a non-wedding band feel to our wedding. Several people commented on how great the sound was, and that they felt like they were at a concert. You sounded great, and everybody had fun. You made non-dancers dance. Y'all are First Class! -Lou & Ashley
* We just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a wonderful job. We had an absolute blast! Many of our guests could not stop talking about how great the entertainment was! We would definitely recommend you to anyone! Hopefully there will be a time in the future when we can book you guys again! thanks again for everything :) ~Melisa and Chris
* Scott & Vicki, you were awesome! Thank you so much for performing at our reception! So many of our guests know you or have listened to you at the Buck Hotel, but EVERYONE just loved "The Insiders" and could not believe that we were able to have you there! What a great night, can't thank you enough!!! -Ted
* Thank you so very much for a wonderful evening of entertainment Scott and Vicki! Everyone just loved you, and you made our special day even more special. Our reception was truly a fun party. Thanks again for helping our guests to have such a spectacular time! We love you guys!! - Kathy
* Thank YOU! You and your wife were fantastic! Everyone commented on how much they loved the band and how you guys really made the night! I especially enjoyed your rendition of Love Song. It was beautiful. Thank you so much for taking the time to work in everything we asked for- the night was perfect! - Michele
* Scott – Jenn and I just got back from our honeymoon and wanted to give you a HUGE thank you for making our wedding for one for the ages. We had the time of our lives and we had a countless number of people raving about how great you and Vicki were. You both are more talented than you probably even know. Thanks again! -Tom
* “The Insiders were a wonderful addition to our wedding reception. Scott and Vickie had everyone out on the dance floor from beginning until end. Our guests loved the interaction they had with the audience and enjoyed having such an upbeat band. Everyone is still raving about the music and fun they had. Scott and Vickie went above and beyond to make our wedding truly memorable and we look forward to having them at another future event.”- Kim
* "The Insiders are absolutely fantastic! The can play, they can DJ and will make any wedding a spectacular event. They are not only talented but they are flexible and fun as well. They get the whole crowd involved and the guests are absolutely delighted by them! I would recommend the Insiders 100 times over!" - ACEvents
* You guys freaking rock! We knew you would be perfect for our wedding and you did not disappoint. The whole day could not have been anymore perfect. Every person we talk to who was at the wedding was raving about you. Laura and I could not be any happier and we truly feel having The Insiders be the entertainment for the night was the best decision we made during the entire wedding planning process. Thanks so much! - Dave and Laura
* Just wanted to let you know what a great time we had at my Daughters Wedding at the Brookside Manor. We had many people ask about you and tell us how great you were.Thanks Again for making it a great time. - Eleanor
* Just wanted to thank you both again sooooo much for the entertainment that you provided at the wedding this past Saturday. You did a wonderful job and all us and our guests included were so impressed with the music that you provided. Everyone said that they had such a wonderful time at the wedding and that truly was a big reflection on both of your efforts. We will remember you for future occasions and happily recommend you to others. -Best regards, Cathi and Chris
* You guys were awesome! Everyone we talked to really enjoyed you guys...and so did we! Thanks so much! - Allie
* We were extremely happy with The Insiders!! They are so much fun, easy to work with and everyone raved about them after hearing them play at our wedding. They really know how to get the crowd involved and are very affordable. I would highly recommend The Insiders for any type of event! - Jen & Bill
* You both were great at our wedding! We had such a blast dancing, laughing and having starting our lives together! -Kristen & Chris
*Thanks SO much Scott!!!! You and Vicky are awesome... people are still talking about the music... and how great you both are!!! Thanks for making our day the BEST!- Diana
*U guys wre the talk of the wedding! I know u guys made a few new customers- Every couple we talked to wants u guys for their wedding! Everything was perfect! - Mike & Tara
* Dean and I want to thank you guys soo much for making our wedding so memorable. You exceeded our expectations and everybody is telling us how great you guys were. We loved you and want to thank you for your excellent job in entertaining. We had fun and I hope you did to. Thanks! - Pam and Dean
* Thank you! You both were wonderful- everyone I have talked to can’t say enough wonderful things about you! We sincerely thank you- you made the wedding so much fun! - Lauren and Jeremy
* Thank you so so much! Everyone one had a great time and I keep getting
phones calls about how much fun everyone had and how great you guys where. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. You helped make John's party absolutely perfect!!! We will see you soon! Hugs - Lisa
* I wanted to send you this “THANKS”…. Mark’s Party was a huge success and a lot of that is because of you guys. Our friends have such a great time with you. T hanks for being able to take this party onto your crazy schedule. We will see you soon! Thanks Again for everything.
* I just have to say you both were very entertaining and a great band to have at our party. Everyone I talked to after the party enjoyed it so much, they thought you were great. It was nice to see you get everyone involved in the songs, and guessing games, that was a lot of fun!
- Leanne & Tom
* We had a great grad party for Kaitlyn thanks to you both! ur the best!!!! xoxo - Kim
* The party was fantastic and we are planning to have another next year!! - Dan
* Dave and I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful party! We are still getting compliments about your performance at our party!! EVERYBODY has said it was the best band we’ve had yet. Thanks again for helping us with a great party! You guys really got the crowd going and they had a blast! - Dave and Keca
*Thank you so much!! We had a blast. you were wonderful and we are now die-hard fans. And if you ever need a recommendation for events let us know!! Thanks for everything! - Gabrielle
* Every year the party is better than the last! you are the best!! - Stan & Diane
* Everyone kept telling me what a great time they had and the Insiders' music and energy were a huge part of that. We'll definitely look for your gigs next time we are in the area. Thanks again. - Tony
* Hey Scott & Vicky! Bill & I just wanted to thank you for playing at our wedding in October! You guys did such an incredible job - our guests are still raving about you. Bill & I had the best time and your performance really made our wedding unique and unforgettable. Thanks again and we are looking forward to catching a show soon! Best Wishes, Jen & Bill
* I just wanted to thank you a million times for an amazing night on Saturday night, you guys made the party a hit!! It was like old times hanging out with you and I think you now have some new fans, people were raving about your talent! You went above and beyond for us and I appreciate the special treatment you gave us.Thank you again for EVERYTHING and I hope we see you very soon!!! - Cathy
* You guys were awesome at our wedding! We had a blast and so did all our family and friends. Everyone is still saying that it was the most fun they have had a wedding reception and a lot of that had to do with you both. Thanks. The music choices were great and kept everyone on the dance floor. -Erin and Andy
* I am Tim's mom, and just wanted to thank both of you for the outstanding job you did at Tim and Pam's wedding reception. Everyone had such a wonderful time all night. The music you played had everyone...(from 20 year olds to 80 somethings) up on the dance floor from the very first song... to the last. You are true professionals and it shows. We did not want the night to end. Again, thank you, everything was awesome. - Deb
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 100% of couples
10 User photos
Rick Mclaughlin · Married on 06/07/2019
Hire them now for the night of your life
If your want all your guests to ask you who the band is, how you found them, and where they can see them play again, then hire the Insiders for your wedding. I first saw Scott and Vicki play in Atlantic. City 12+ years ago and have been a fan ever since. I would go to them play religiously on Sunday nights in West Chester and still try and see them today when they’re playing locally. All night long at my wedding and the 2 weeks it’s been after, people have asked who they are and how I found them and constantly compliment our choice for the band. They read the crowd perfectly and keep everyone on the dance floor until the very end. My wife and I cannot thank them enough for an amazing performance and we will certainly be seeing them again soon. If I could give them more then 5 stars, I would. Thank you guys so much!!!Sent on 06/23/2019
Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2019
Dream Come True!
Since I first saw The Insiders at La Costa 6 years ago, I knew I needed them to play at my wedding, even though I wasnt even in a relationship! Just 4 years later they were the first vendor I called, even before a venue, to block out a few dates so there would be no conflicts. They certainly did not disappoint. They had EVERYONE on the dance floor all night long. It literally felt like a concert just for me and my new husband. It was truly magical and perfect. I cannot thank them enough!Sent on 05/16/2019
Scott Kline · Married on 03/23/2019
I wish I can give a 10 star review!
Scott and Vicky were so perfect throughout the difficult process of planning a wedding. They made planning easy and were always available when we had questions. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time dancing and singing along to all the classic hits we’ve all grown to love. It was like we were in sea isle For Sunday funday only this time they were playing for us! The phrase of the night was “ This band is SO MUCH fun!! “Sent on 03/25/2019
Thanks Scott and Vicky see you in sea isle!
The Insiders are absolutely fantastic! The can play, they can DJ and will make any wedding a spectacular event. They are not only talented but they are flexible and fun as well. They get the whole crowd involved and the guests are absolutely delighted by them! I would recommend the Insiders 100 times over!