329 East Bay Street, Charleston, SC 29401 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 71
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Gadsden House

Located in the heart of downtown Charleston, The Gadsden House is perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, welcome parties and other social gatherings. Our beautiful parlor rooms, lush private courtyard gardens and open-air piazzas make our historic space one of the city's most sought-after venues.

Originally built in 1798, the Federal style Charleston manor is celebrated as one of the top ten historic properties to save in Charleston and underwent an elaborate restoration in 2015. With many of the property's architectural elements still intact, The Gadsden House overflows with Southern charm.

Four grand parlor rooms boast original heart pine floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, working gas fireplaces and beautiful gold mantle mirrors. Crisp and clean "paper white" walls paired with gorgeous crystal chandeliers and other modern finishes provide a beautiful blank slate while still offering plenty of character.

Three intimate garden courtyards with custom tenting capabilities offer versatile outdoor space regardless of rain or shine.

Wrap around double piazzas offer views of Charleston's waterfront, as well as a place for year round easy entertaining.

An onsite furnished bridal suite, complete with a full kitchen and full bath, allows for all day relaxation.

Ample parking is available in adjacent surface lots and nearby garages.

Our professional, knowledgeable and accommodating in-house catering and beverage teams offer unparalleled personalized service sure to make every moment delightfully enjoyable for you and your guests.

For more information, please visit www.GadsdenHouse.com.

Follow The Gadsden House on

• Videos 2

27 Reviews for The Gadsden House

Kellsey Simmons · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Reception

Great experience as a guest at this venue!!

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/13/2019

Exceeded Every Expectation

Having planned a large corporate event for my company in Charleston a year prior to my engagement, I knew of quite a few event/wedding venues in the area, but when I came across the Gadsden House I was stunned (in the best way possible). Not only is it grand, beautiful, and perfectly situated in downtown Charleston, but it’s also meticulously maintained and preserved to historical perfection, from the original fire place mantles, to the beautiful chandlers and sconces, to the shrubs/landscaping outside – every aspect of The Gadsden House is absolutely stunning.

As an out-of-town bride, I had to secure a venue and a date without having actually seen the venue in person. After talking with Kathleen and reviewing the detailed brochures she emailed to me, my mind was made up. It was the perfect venue to host our close friends and family for a truly unique Charleston experience!

Throughout the planning process, I knew we were in great hands with Kathleen. She is extremely organized, transparent, responsive, and above all else, kind. The entire experience with the venue, catering and bar was such a breeze – she makes it so easy and her online proposal system was so helpful as we worked through every aspect of our event.

We had tested out a few other caterers, but Maybank (part of King Street Hospitality Group) was by and large the best. The food on our wedding day was INCREDIBLE. I still have guests reaching out to me almost a month later, telling me how it was some of the best food (note: not just “wedding food”) they have ever had! My husband and I are foodies, so the catering was very important to us, and Kathleen and her team 100 percent delivered.

But if I had to choose one thing I believe to be truly unique about The Gadsden House, Kathleen and her staff, it would be the service. Having worked in many restaurants throughout college, and as an event planner myself, there’s nothing I find more important than a five-star quality service level. If I had to rate Kathleen and her team’s service, I would give them 6 stars. I have never in my life worked with such a kind, professional and service minded staff in my entire life. They were on-top of EVERYTHING. I will never forget the moment one of the bartenders came up to me while I was eating dinner because he noticed the ice in my drink had melted. He offered to get me a new one, and when I asked him if he knew what it was, he confidently recited my drink order back to me. I was amazed! Or the time my wedding party gathered in the parking lot after the ceremony had concluded and servers came rushing out with appetizers to fuel our bridesmaids and groomsmen, putting me and my new husband at ease that our closest friends were taken care of.

We feel so incredibly lucky that we found The Gadsden House, Kathleen and her team. They made our day absolutely perfect, and we could not be more grateful. If you want to give your guests a truly unique, five-star experience, please choose the Gadsden House. I promise you are in the best hands !!!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby Sims · Married on 03/22/2019

Perfect venue

I got married at the Gadsden House and couldn't have imagined our day anywhere else after that. Kathleen was our wedding planner and coordinator and we couldn't have done it without her. The entire planning process was incredible and not at all stressful. Kathleen is so organized and answered every question in a timely manner, providing us with opinions and advice when we needed it. The day of was beautiful and perfect. We were able to get ready in the bridal suite and had everything we needed. Our guests loved the venue and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. We are so happy we chose the Gadsden House and would recommend it to any couple that asked!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Award

The Gadsden House Pricing

The Gadsden House Price Rates

The Gadsden House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 3,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 3,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Parking, Set Up
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 24.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Beer, House Wine
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 350
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Historic Building, Mansion
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Elopements, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, July, August

Real Weddings

• 329 East Bay Street Charleston, South Carolina, 29401 See on map
    Available by appointment only Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm EST.