The Gadsden House Reviews

39 Reviews for The Gadsden House

• Chloe

Chloe Ogden · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Southern Wedding Perfection!

Perfection! The most beautiful setting for our destination wedding. After we decided to have our wedding in Charleston, South Carolina, we saw the Gadsden House on Instagram and knew instantly we had to book the venue for our February wedding. The team at Gadsden House and at King Street Hospitality took care of everything! Every detail was planned to perfection and they truly made planning from afar the easiest process. They even made sure we had a shovel on site when we buried our bourbon on the property a month before our wedding! Charleston is absolutely known for its food and the food at the Gadsden House does not disappoint! Every one of our guests are still raving about our wedding and we truly have the team there to thank for the best day! If you're at all considering a wedding in Charleston this is the place to be!

Sent on 03/24/2020

Shannon Mossman · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Excellent!

The Gadsen House was a stunning venue and such a charming and versatile space. We attended during a summer wedding and had cocktail hour on the top floor that opened to a deck with gorgeous views and dancing under a tented space. Cocktail hour and dinner were also served indoors alongside a beautiful interior - the space is adaptable to a range of events and seasons. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely attentive in keeping every aspect of the evening moving smoothly. Would absolutely recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Dori

Dori Cain · Getting married on 11/11/2020

Dream Venue

We had the best day of our lives in large part to the Gadsden House and its staff. We looked at a multitude of venues and the romantic feel of the home coupled with the southern charm of the veranda and courtyard made it the perfect Charleston venue for us. However, what blew us away was the responsiveness of Sofie and Kathleen - how they catered to every request we had- and the waitstaff the day of. We are still getting comments from guests about the how amazing and professional they were. They truly helped make our southern, black tie wedding come alive. Could not recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Kaitlin Roper · Getting married on 08/02/2020

An Absolute Dream!!

Everything was just perfect for my wedding in February thanks to the team at The Gadsden House! Not only are Kathleen, Sofie and Lindsey beyond accommodating and responsive to your every need, they are the sweetest and made every thing I wanted go off without a hitch! I couldn't believe how quick they were to hand us drinks and food when we had a spare moment - I certainly was not complaining! The venue speaks for itself - it's absolutely gorgeous and is the perfect canvas for any bride's creativity. Something that can't be missed is the incredible food by the catering team. People could not get over the chicken and waffle appetizers, I believe they were rushing the poor servers as soon as they came out of the kitchen :). I truly was in awe of the spectacular service we received throughout the entire wedding planning process, I would pick this venue and team over and over again! Our day was truly everything we could have asked for and more!!

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2019

Southern Charm Meets Modern

BEYOND. That is how I would describe King Street Hospitality Group. We ended up having all our wedding events with them. Welcome Cocktail Party at Vintage Lounge, Wedding at The Gadsden House, After Party at Blind Tiger. The Gadsden House, quintessential southern charm but a modern space inside. The Gadsden House is blank canvas inside were you can create any of your design visions. There are so many versatile spaces that we used the upstairs for a ceremony, downstairs for cocktail hour, courtyard for a tented dinner and upstairs for a dance party. Charleston weather can be volatile and the outdoor spaces at the house are amazing but if you need to enlist your rain plan like we did – the house is so beautiful your guests will not even notice. Then there is the food. The food was EXCELLENT. This is not your average bland chicken and steak wedding we all go to. Everything we had was so delicious and our guests were commenting all night about the food.
    All the staff is so professional and accommodating. You will be in good hands with their team and they will make your wedding something you will cherish for a lifetime. Thank you KSHG!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Chase · Married on 10/04/2019

Incredible venue + brilliant team

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding! The property itself is stunning – an idyllic example of Charleston charm and beautifully restored. It was wonderful to have so many gorgeous spaces to choose from when planning the day. And the bridal suite! I definitely underestimated what a fabulous amenity that was. It was a lovely, calm place to get ready with my close friends and a welcome sanctuary throughout the evening to catch a breath and fix makeup or hair.

Our wedding day was brilliantly effortless and fun – in no small part thanks to the incredible KSHG team. Kathleen and Lindsey were so kind, genuinely warm and helpful, and incredibly attentive to every single detail throughout the day. Prosecco, appetizers, bobby pins, you-name-it just *magically* appeared throughout the evening at the perfect moment. They have perfected the art of being present, thorough, and supportive without being intrusive. Kathleen and Lindsey made it easy to let go of logistics and turn off my 'planning' brain because they were so on top of everything. Truly, it would not have been the same wedding without their presence and care!

Similarly, the KSHG catering team was excellent! The dinner service was meticulous and the food was amazing – many of our guests made a point of commenting on how delicious the food was, including two of our friends who are chefs themselves. (Tough crowd to wow :)

I could rave about this venue and this team at length – TLDR: they are AMAZING and we are SO grateful for everything they did to make our wedding a truly memorable day!

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Mayci

Mayci Griffin · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolute Fairytale!

Our wedding day at The Gadsden House with the King Street Hospitality Group team was exceptional. Kathleen's attention to detail and her professionalism make her an outstanding planner, but her ability to connect with her brides, her communication skills (answering every email within a few hours, on weekends, on vacation etc.), her transparency and above all her kindness is what makes her a special person.

The entire KSHG team went above and beyond the day of our wedding. Lindsey and Cassidy were never far away. They held my flowers and my dress. They never let us have an empty glass or hand. They not only served myself and my new husband all day and night, but our families as well. They constantly checked on us, and didn't even bat an eye when a certain MOB spilled her champagne all over them (sorry, Lindsey!).

Maybank Catering (a part of KSHG) knocked it out of the park. All of our guests raved about how excellent the food was. My husband and I love food, so it was very important to us that our food be super good. Everything was SO good, and don't worry! Kathleen and the team will be sure you eat on your wedding day. They were even kind of enough to pack up a whole spread of food and cake for us to enjoy after we got to our hotel.

It is hard to put into words how sincerely grateful myself and my husband are for Kathleen, Lindsey and the KSHG team. They are the most service minded individuals I've ever met, and it brings me to tears to think about how the kindness they all extended us the day of our wedding and the months leading up to it. If you want a truly unique experience and you are considering choosing The Gadsden House, do it.

My husband and I feel so fortunate that we stumbled upon The Gadsden House and the KSHG team. Thank you for making our fairytale come true!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Kellsey Simmons · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Reception

Great experience as a guest at this venue!!

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Ragan · Married on 08/11/2019

Best Destination Wedding Venue!!

You and your entire team on the wedding day were absolutely AMAZING! I have not stopped singing all of your praises since we left Charleston.
    I personally have not done many destination weddings in my 14 year career as a wedding coordinator, due to the lack of control I have working with vendors that I don’t have any experience or relationships with. Planning a wedding long distance can be stressful for sure. But everyone at Gadsden House has a professionalism and passion for what you do and it shows. Every time I had a question about ANYTHING, you were so quick to respond and put our minds at ease. That mean so so much!!!!
    The food…..oh the food…it was remarkable…..and the presentation was top notch. Your servers were kind and knowledgeable, and never once looked annoyed. I know that seems like a silly thing to say and compliment on….but I see it all to often at weddings.
    If I could have taken you all back to Illinois with me to show these Mid-westerners how it’s done, I would have in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 05/25/2019

It was perfect!

The Gadsden House exceeded every one of my wedding exceptions! The KSHG team was so professional and responsive during wedding planning. Day of, the bridal suite was the perfect place to relax and get ready with my best friends all morning! Sofie made sure I had everything I needed the whole night, and never let me have an empty glass. The Gadsden House is no doubt a beautiful venue but the customer service is what made my wedding a night to remember forever. Thank y’all again for making it so perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Ashley A. · Married on 05/11/2019

Perfect Charleston Charm

We could not be happier with our decision to book Gadsden House for our wedding reception! We were planning from out of state, and Kathleen and her team were so understanding and accommodating of our schedules during our trips to Charleston. Even before we booked the Gadsden House, Kathleen allowed my mom (who lived close by) to tour the space and send us pictures to help us decide if Gadsden House was the right venue for us. And it was the PERFECT venue for us! Gadsden House has such classic Charleston charm, and it is the most beautiful setting for a southern wedding.

Everything about our wedding day was absolutely amazing, from getting ready in the gorgeous on-site bridal suite to the reception layout to the flow of the evening and the sendoff. Kathleen and her team are absolute rock stars! They worked seamlessly with my wedding planners and vendors, and I knew I would have nothing to stress about. They are professional but so friendly, and they genuinely care about every detail that goes into not just your wedding day, but also the entire planning process and overall experience. And THE FOOD! If you book the Gadsden House, you absolutely MUST use their catering. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious the food was almost six months later! Let me assure you, it’s SO much for than your typical “wedding food”! Gadsden House was even more than we could have imagined, and we’re forever grateful to Kathleen and her team for making our wedding day the best ever!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Lauren C Rose · Married on 04/27/2019

The Gadsden House was a perfect venue for our spring wedding in Charleston!

Everything at the Gadsden House was amazing! The layout of the venue is spectacular for an outdoor wedding. We were married at the Gadsden House in April 2019 and the venue was perfect for our spring wedding. The simple and clean decor was a wonderful backdrop for our big day. We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/13/2019

Exceeded Every Expectation

Having planned a large corporate event for my company in Charleston a year prior to my engagement, I knew of quite a few event/wedding venues in the area, but when I came across the Gadsden House I was stunned (in the best way possible). Not only is it grand, beautiful, and perfectly situated in downtown Charleston, but it’s also meticulously maintained and preserved to historical perfection, from the original fire place mantles, to the beautiful chandlers and sconces, to the shrubs/landscaping outside – every aspect of The Gadsden House is absolutely stunning.

As an out-of-town bride, I had to secure a venue and a date without having actually seen the venue in person. After talking with Kathleen and reviewing the detailed brochures she emailed to me, my mind was made up. It was the perfect venue to host our close friends and family for a truly unique Charleston experience!

Throughout the planning process, I knew we were in great hands with Kathleen. She is extremely organized, transparent, responsive, and above all else, kind. The entire experience with the venue, catering and bar was such a breeze – she makes it so easy and her online proposal system was so helpful as we worked through every aspect of our event.

We had tested out a few other caterers, but Maybank (part of King Street Hospitality Group) was by and large the best. The food on our wedding day was INCREDIBLE. I still have guests reaching out to me almost a month later, telling me how it was some of the best food (note: not just “wedding food”) they have ever had! My husband and I are foodies, so the catering was very important to us, and Kathleen and her team 100 percent delivered.

But if I had to choose one thing I believe to be truly unique about The Gadsden House, Kathleen and her staff, it would be the service. Having worked in many restaurants throughout college, and as an event planner myself, there’s nothing I find more important than a five-star quality service level. If I had to rate Kathleen and her team’s service, I would give them 6 stars. I have never in my life worked with such a kind, professional and service minded staff in my entire life. They were on-top of EVERYTHING. I will never forget the moment one of the bartenders came up to me while I was eating dinner because he noticed the ice in my drink had melted. He offered to get me a new one, and when I asked him if he knew what it was, he confidently recited my drink order back to me. I was amazed! Or the time my wedding party gathered in the parking lot after the ceremony had concluded and servers came rushing out with appetizers to fuel our bridesmaids and groomsmen, putting me and my new husband at ease that our closest friends were taken care of.

We feel so incredibly lucky that we found The Gadsden House, Kathleen and her team. They made our day absolutely perfect, and we could not be more grateful. If you want to give your guests a truly unique, five-star experience, please choose the Gadsden House. I promise you are in the best hands !!!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby Sims · Married on 03/22/2019

Perfect venue

I got married at the Gadsden House and couldn't have imagined our day anywhere else after that. Kathleen was our wedding planner and coordinator and we couldn't have done it without her. The entire planning process was incredible and not at all stressful. Kathleen is so organized and answered every question in a timely manner, providing us with opinions and advice when we needed it. The day of was beautiful and perfect. We were able to get ready in the bridal suite and had everything we needed. Our guests loved the venue and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. We are so happy we chose the Gadsden House and would recommend it to any couple that asked!

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2019

Perfect Day!

Our wedding at The Gadsden House was truly incredible! Kathleen and the rest of the team were flawless and everyone took such great care of us and our guests. Everyone was clearly working very hard all day but had such a calm, effortless presence that made everything feel so smooth. Our families could not have been happier! Our guests were blown away by the beautiful setting of the Gadsden House. We also used the in-house catering and received SO many complements on the food. Everyone had seconds! Kathleen was always super responsive, no matter how small the question and completely gracious toward anything we asked. Our day was everything we hoped for and more!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Katerina · Married on 03/09/2019

Spring Wedding

The moment I told my planner my vision for my wedding "Kate Spade in the Hamptons in the 20's" she immediately knew the Gadsen House would be the perfect canvas (secretly I had already fallen in love with the venue online). Kathleen's team is incredibly professional and detail oriented. We also used King Street Hospitality for our catering. All the guests loved the food and wine selections, which were elegantly presented to the tables in unison. They were very understanding of any special requests, including a gluten free meal, and even made sure that there would be the special ingredients available at the bar for my mom's personal favorite drink! The brides quarters upstairs was the perfect place to get ready and if there was any problems that day I was blissfully unaware. The venue does not come with any decor, which can make rentals a bit more expensive, but if you have a bright color scheme like our wedding than it's white walls, gorgeous wood floors, charming fireplaces, and sparkling chandeliers make the ideal backdrop. Wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Z

Zack Green · Married on 02/11/2019

Great venue, great staff, great food!

Attended a wedding here and it was fantastic. Staff is great and sprung into immediate action and saved the day when it started to rain (albeit for 10 mins). It's a really nice setting and the food was off the charts. Well done!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Madison King · Married on 01/23/2019

Excellent!!

Beautiful venue!! 100% would recommend!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Lindsay · Married on 12/14/2018

Pure Perfection

My fiancé was not picky about the venue, so I visited the Gadsden House with just my wedding coordinator. I fell in love with the Gadsden House the moment I walked into the courtyard. The brick and slate paved courtyard, the porch piazzas, the classic Charleston parlor rooms, and the beautiful stairs make the perfect Charleston wedding venue. Kathleen is so helpful and easy to work with. The bridal suite on the 3rd floor is amazing with a full bath, kitchen, lots of mirrors and plenty of space to get ready with your bridesmaids, etc. on the big day. I also used the Gadsden House for my bridal photos and they are stunning. I booked the Gadsden House on the spot when I visited. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have only one word of warning and it is that you have to bring everything in your self. The house does not come with tables, chairs, etc. so you will have to find a separate vendor for those items. We used Snyder.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Blake · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Venue!

The Gadsden House was the perfect venue to host my fall wedding! I fell in love with the old southern charm meets modern style of the house and it is located downtown so very convenient for all of our guests traveling (this was a must for us when looking at wedding venues)! The bridal suite located on the third floor has beautiful decor and is perfect for getting ready with your girls! Kathleen was amazing to work with and always responsive, and her team the day-of were so attentive! Our guests were full of glowing compliments of the venue and their staff. Thank you for making our wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing amazing amazing!

I can not say enough wonderful things about The Gadsden House. From the first day we met Kathleen I knew we were in good hands! Kathleen responded to all of my questions within the hour 90% of the time, and if not within the hour, it was less than 24 hours later. Kathleen made the entire process so easy and so enjoyable! Our wedding could not have been more perfect. Kathleen and her team did not miss a beat. The service was SPECTACULAR.. the food was AMAZING and venue is STUNNING. It was perfect. I would plan 10 more weddings if I could do it with Kathleen and her team. I can not say thank you enough to Kathleen and her team - you all are THE BEST!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Allison · Married on 10/07/2018

The Gadsden House is simply amazing!!

The Gadsden House was the perfect venue for our Charleston wedding!! I recommend The Gadsden House for the old Charleston charm but with a chic, modern feel. The Gadsden House is simply beautiful! Kathleen and her team are very responsive and helped us make informed decisions throughout the entire process. We had 150 guests. The ceremony was outside in the large courtyard, cocktail hour on the 2nd floor, a seated dinner outside with the food stations inside on the bottom floor, and a band and dancing in the smaller courtyard near the parking lot! Truly a magical evening!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Katie · Married on 10/05/2018

Incredible venue

When my planner asked if I wanted to tour the Gadsden House, I was hesitant because I thought I had already picked out my dream venue, but I thought why not. When my fiance and I toured, we both knew it was the perfect venue for us. We wanted an outdoor wedding at first, but didn't love the tented look. When we found Gadsden House, we were able to do a courtyard ceremony with the most amazing greenery covered gates. Cocktail hour was held on the second floor porch, overlooking a classic downtown Charleston sunset. The reception took place in 4 rooms of the house, as well as the 2 courtyards outside. Our guests LOVED the ability to freely go around the house and courtyard while feeling like they are not missing one minute of the big day. I highly recommend this venue! Kathleen and her team are the sweetest!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Tammy · Married on 09/08/2018

The Gadsden House was the perfect venue for my Southern wedding. The old-meets-modern style was a great blank slate for of all my décor ideas. We had the ceremony outdoors, cocktail hour inside, then flipped the courtyard for our stationed dinner. The courtyard was the perfect area for speeches and dancing, so that everyone could have a good view. Also, I cannot give enough praises to Kathleen as my wedding planner! She was so sweet and very responsive. Because she knows the Gadsden House so well, she knew how to best optimize the space and flow of the evening. She even had another day-of-coordinator that followed me to help me throughout the evening, touching up my makeup and getting me food/drinks! We were LOVED our experience with Kathleen and the King Street Hospitality Group, and cannot recommend this group enough!

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/20/2018

Stunning and stress-free

Kathleen and her team did a beautiful job planning our rehearsal and wedding! As an out of state bride, having complete confidence in our planner was priceless. We will be forever grateful! Our friends and family continue to tell us and others how impressed they were by the service and professionalism. The Gadsden is a stunning venue and Kathleen truly understood our vision from the start. We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married in Charleston!

Sent on 12/23/2018