2810 White Rock Rd, Dallas, TX 75214 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About The Filter Building on White Rock Lake

This historic industrial building is a unique setting for vintage receptions with its exposed brickwork, iron trusses, and multitude of windows.

Waterfront ceremonies on the grassy shore are an elegant way to say “I do,” with the lush, natural landscape surrounding you.

Sweeping views of the lake from the terrace are a beautiful complement to your cocktail hour and a stunning backdrop for photographs.

Follow The Filter Building on White Rock Lake on

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake 3
  • Shira

Shira Britni Caplan · Getting married on 04/05/2020

Beautiful - Bare Bones

This venue is beautiful and very easy to work with. Their fees are transparent so you will have no surprises tacked on.
    The only thing they provide is round tables, white garden chairs, and hightop/cocktail tables. String lights on the patio are an additional fee and well worth it.
    All of my Dallas vendors were familiar with them so that made life easy as well. They have floorplans on their website you can work with to create your own floorplan with your vendors, or send to your coordinator if you have one.
    I know there was an officer on duty but I hardly noticed him. I think I saw him twice - once when I was about to walk out to the ceremony, and once when we were about to leave for our sparkler exit.
    We decided to move our ceremony to the patio at the last minute since the lawn was still in the sun at 6:30pm and I didn't want me or my groom and guests getting sweaty - nor to have the sun in my eyes. This was a bit cramped. I had 5 chairs on either side of the aisle - go with only 4 chairs if you move up to the patio.
    I loved the ambiance. My guests could be outdoors conversing in a more relaxed environment, or inside partying on the dance floor.
    The location is super easy to get to, and there are loads of picture perfect places around the lake.
    We paid the additional fee for an outside caterer so we could have a food truck (Tacos Bites and Beats). This was a hit but not recommended for parties much larger than 100.
    Definitely recommend The Filter Building.

Sent on 06/05/2019

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Shira! We're so happy to have been a part of your big day. Please let us know if we can help with any other future events!
  • Dagmara

Dagmara Sadej · Married on 09/28/2019

Great venue!

We picked the filter building for our wedding and it has great views of white rock lake and love the historic/industrial style inside the venue. We were able to have cocktail hour on the lake side patio and reception inside.

Sent on 10/05/2019

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake's reply:

Thank you so much, Dagmara! We appreciate the kind words. We're so happy to have been part of your special day!
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 11/21/2015

The Filter Buliding is an interesting space. It's mainly a large brick room (with an upstairs for the bride) with a lawn and concrete patio overlooking White Rock Lake.

There is no "day-of" coordinator associated with the building, just a person that takes your payment, shows you the property, and opens/closes the door the day of your event. Therefore, make sure you have solid vendors (photographer, dj, caterer).

We had an outdoor ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour on the patio, and reception indoors with a wedding of 110 guests. The interior is definitely large enough to house 110 but I recommend using both the outdoor and indoor spaces.

The space is beautiful, very simple, with room to mingle and dance. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Award

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Parking, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • What event services do you offer? Get Ready Rooms, Pet Friendly
  • What transportation and access is available? Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

Real Weddings