The Filter Building on White Rock Lake Reviews

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake 3
  • Shira

Shira Britni Caplan · Getting married on 04/05/2020

Beautiful - Bare Bones

This venue is beautiful and very easy to work with. Their fees are transparent so you will have no surprises tacked on.
    The only thing they provide is round tables, white garden chairs, and hightop/cocktail tables. String lights on the patio are an additional fee and well worth it.
    All of my Dallas vendors were familiar with them so that made life easy as well. They have floorplans on their website you can work with to create your own floorplan with your vendors, or send to your coordinator if you have one.
    I know there was an officer on duty but I hardly noticed him. I think I saw him twice - once when I was about to walk out to the ceremony, and once when we were about to leave for our sparkler exit.
    We decided to move our ceremony to the patio at the last minute since the lawn was still in the sun at 6:30pm and I didn't want me or my groom and guests getting sweaty - nor to have the sun in my eyes. This was a bit cramped. I had 5 chairs on either side of the aisle - go with only 4 chairs if you move up to the patio.
    I loved the ambiance. My guests could be outdoors conversing in a more relaxed environment, or inside partying on the dance floor.
    The location is super easy to get to, and there are loads of picture perfect places around the lake.
    We paid the additional fee for an outside caterer so we could have a food truck (Tacos Bites and Beats). This was a hit but not recommended for parties much larger than 100.
    Definitely recommend The Filter Building.

Sent on 06/05/2019

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Shira! We're so happy to have been a part of your big day. Please let us know if we can help with any other future events!
  • Dagmara

Dagmara Sadej · Married on 09/28/2019

Great venue!

We picked the filter building for our wedding and it has great views of white rock lake and love the historic/industrial style inside the venue. We were able to have cocktail hour on the lake side patio and reception inside.

Sent on 10/05/2019

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake's reply:

Thank you so much, Dagmara! We appreciate the kind words. We're so happy to have been part of your special day!
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 11/21/2015

The Filter Buliding is an interesting space. It's mainly a large brick room (with an upstairs for the bride) with a lawn and concrete patio overlooking White Rock Lake.

There is no "day-of" coordinator associated with the building, just a person that takes your payment, shows you the property, and opens/closes the door the day of your event. Therefore, make sure you have solid vendors (photographer, dj, caterer).

We had an outdoor ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour on the patio, and reception indoors with a wedding of 110 guests. The interior is definitely large enough to house 110 but I recommend using both the outdoor and indoor spaces.

The space is beautiful, very simple, with room to mingle and dance. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Vivian · Married on 10/04/2015

The people Filter Building are very easy to work with and quickly responded to all of my crazy, last minute questions promptly. They provide a very beautiful backdrop for the wedding and they were exactly the venue that we were looking for, without nickel and diming us. The prices were up front on the website and they gave us the freedom to bring in the vendors that we wanted to work with.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2015

The Filter Building is a beautiful venue and has a great view of White Rock Lake. We were able to have a very affordable wedding at the Filter Building, as they do not have F&B minimums and allow you to purchase your own alcohol as long as you check it in to the TABC certified bartender that is usually supplied by the caterer. We did not have a wedding planner, so it was a little more work to research all the vendors. Although, this allowed us to save tons of money on food, linens, etc., and also make it more personable. Carla was also very flexible and quick to respond to my emails. The building also photographs very well, and the brick in the background looks really great. We had tons of compliments on the venue, and had plenty of space with 150 guest and a large dance floor. I would highly suggest the Filter Building as a wedding venue!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Beautiful venue! Great backdrop for pictures. Carla was very easy to get in touch with and answered all my questions. They already have chairs and tables so you don't have to worry about rentals of those.
    They were kind enough to let us have the morning time on a day where a wedding was already booked that afternoon.
    They have a lot of guidelines as far as responsibilities that are on the caterer, but they give you a list of caterers that they are familiar with and already know the rules. (See my review on Tastefully yours!)

Sent on 11/20/2014

Tiffany · Married on 07/12/2014

I had my wedding at The Filter Building July 12, 2014. The entire process from signing a contract to saying "I do" was a dream. Carla is very helpful and accommodating. Expectations are also clearly communicated, and the venue is beautiful. We received numerous compliments from our guests, and the wedding day went exceptionally smooth. I also took my bridal portraits at the Filter Building and am so glad I did. The setting was perfect. I've received many compliments on them as well. I would definitely recommend booking your event here!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Riley · Married on 05/03/2014

We can't say enough great things about the Filter Building. The location itself, is absolutely gorgeous and provides so much natural beauty. We loved the flexibility to bring in our own beverages and choose our own caterer along with other vendors. The proximity to White Rock lake provides a back drop that is unmatched in Dallas, and transports you to what feels like a sleepy lake town, even though you are a stone's throw from the metroplex.

It is a completely white canvas, that you get to create, which is what we were searching for. Our event could not have gone any better and we adored everything about the Filter Building. We would highly recommend any one looking for a creative, unconventional space to check it out.

-Riley and Justin Bucci

Sent on 05/06/2014

Heather · Married on 04/12/2014

My wife and I booked the Filter Building for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. The location is so pretty and the building is way cool! We paid extra for patio lights and are glad we did. It’s a very special place.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Karen · Married on 05/04/2013

The Filter Building was the perfect venue for us. With the indoor/outdoor atmosphere and the simplicity of the building it turned out beautifully. The breeze off the lake made it perfect even if the weather was a little warm.

Sent on 05/11/2013

Josie · Married on 04/20/2013

THANK YOU Filter Building for our beautiful wedding!!! The venue is stunning! Carla Rea was a pleasure to work with, she is so friendly and makes this process sooooo easy! Thank you Carla & Filter Building for our memorable experience! :)

Sent on 04/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/13/2013

I fell in love with the Filter Building the minute I walked in. It's a beautiful unique venue that not everyone knows about. The building itself is so beautiful that you don't have to worry about too many decorations. Carla, the reservation coordinator at the filter building, was extremely prompt in answering all questions. We had an issue with our original date of the wedding and she was very flexible about changing the date for us. We have gotten so many compliments fromm our guest about the venue we chose and we wouldn't change that decision for the world!

Sent on 05/07/2013
  • Anita

Anita · Married on 10/06/2012

Dealing with Carla Rae (Filter Bldg Volunteer Coordinator) was great.
    Her responsiveness and professionalism were exceptional.
    I was planning for over a year and this is such a detailed process.
    I can honestly say that I was able to feel at peace after signing my contract with the FB, which relieved me of one less stresser. I never felt I needed to check in on the venue.

The only issue we had was not being able to have a rehearsal, however, this is spelled out in the contract, so it was just one of those things. We rehearsed a couple of hours on the wedding day, which was fine.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Tricia · Married on 06/15/2012

We loved having our ceremony and reception at the Filter Building. We had the ceremony outside with the awesome view of the water. We had cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the patio for the guests while we did our pictures, and then we had the reception inside. We had about 140-150 guests and the space fit perfectly, with a good sized dance floor and open area for the photo booth, bar tenders, and buffet tables for the food.
    Carla was great to work with and assisted in making all our planning go smoothly. We run at WR Lake all the time and we could not have imagined another place to get married and we were not disappointed!! Thank you Filter Building!!!!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Kathryn · Married on 06/19/2011

Beautiful location, great staff, affordable price. We enjoyed having our wedding there, and we received a tone of compliments on the unique feel of the venue.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Clare · Married on 04/15/2018

We had an April wedding at the Filter Building, and it was the perfect venue. I grew up near White Rock Lake, so it was extra special to me, and the venue is so affordable which is an extra perk! Booking the venue was so easy through their venue coordinator, Michelle, and she was very responsive and easy to work with the whole time. You can make this space anything you want - our wedding featured a jazz band and very minimal decor aside from flowers and it looked and felt beautiful and elegant. It is truly a blank slate. We had 180 guests which is the max I would recommend if you want to have a band a dance floor. We did have 19 tables though, so you can make it work no matter how many guests you have! We had our ceremony on the lawn and reception indoors, but you can also set it up in any way you want! Make the space your own, and you won't regret it! And the lake views are unparalleled. Can't recommend it more!

The Filter Building on White Rock Lake 4
    The Filter Building on White Rock Lake 5
    The Filter Building on White Rock Lake 6
    Sent on 05/23/2018

Jennipher · Married on 06/20/2014

Beautiful venue w the lake in background. If your party is 175 or less, this place would be perfect.

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • Shelley

Shelley · Married on 04/30/2016

I adore the Filter Building. Carla was so nice to work with. I planned my wedding out of state and was able to coordinate everything for our reception over email and phone. The space is so versatile. The lake was the perfect backdrop and it was awesome to have the indoor and outdoor space.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Candace · Married on 09/04/2015

This was a great place for our wedding! The outdoor ceremony was beautiful and the indoor area was the perfect size for our wedding. The character of this historic building really gave our wedding a unique look and atmosphere that we loved. The price was very reasonable compared to other similar options. We liked that you could bring your own alcohol as that really cuts down on the costs. Having the ceremony and reception at the same place also made it very easy for everyone. Such a neat place!

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • Leeann

Leeann · Married on 04/09/2010

This building itself is just beautiful. It was such a romantic setting on White Rock Lake for the ceremony and a modern feel inside for the reception.

We had about 125 guests and there was more than enough space...almost too much for our number. We were lucky to have perfect weather for our rehearsal and wedding day which made it seem even more beautiful.

It's a huge empty space which can be a negative or positive depending on how much work you want to put into decor. I was more of a DIY bride which was perfect for this venue. There are a few restrictions but that is with any space. You are also able to use your own caterer but a list is provided of companies who've worked there before.

The cost was excellent for us because our wedding was held on a Friday. If you look at their website, Saturday is obviously more expensive. Unfortunately, I do believe prices have gone up since we booked a year ago because it's become more popular.

If you are looking for a unique outdoor space with an area to have your reception as well...this is it. Our pictures turned out great because of the lake background and the modern look inside.

Sent on 07/09/2010

Curtis · Married on 04/15/2016

3.5

We really didn't have a second choice for a venue for our wedding and reception--we loved the Filter Building. We were lucky with the weather and had our ceremony outside overlooking the lake. Inside, the venue was the perfect size for our sit down dinner for 106. Carla was great to deal with and not averse to reasonable last minute changes.
    We would recommend the Filter Building to others!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Kendra · Married on 11/08/2014

We got so many complements on how much everyone loved the venue! It worked out so nicely to have great weather as well!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2014

Loved the exposed brick, recieved so many compliments about the location and beauty of the venue it self. Everything was great and our contact for the filter building was proffesional calm when i freaked out about tables and chairs, exteremly nice!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Katie · Married on 03/26/2011

3.5

This was a wonderful location! Everything was just as explained to us and the setting was great.

Sent on 03/31/2011

It's hard to find a spot in Dallas with natural beauty and good facilities together. The filter building is a beautifully spare room where you can put your own decorating touch. The setting is serene and lovely right on White Rock Lake. Plenty of room for dancing and lovely space outside for guests who want a little fresh air. Make sure that you double-check how you want your lighting ahead of time if you have an evening wedding- I had only visited during daylight, so I might have made some more ambient choices. Really pleased that we had our reception there.

Sent on 09/17/2013