the Bridal Cottage

Kings Mall 1200 Ulster Avenue - Suite 400, Kingston, NY 12401 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Deals 1

About the Bridal Cottage

With a background in costume design and pattern making, the Gown Lady began her career in dressmaking while in college. When she decided that it was time to open her very own bridal salon she knew her mission was simple; Professionalism in a warm and friendly environment, attention to detail, expert care and never make a promise that you cannot keep! Serving a full figured clientele was also a must - it's her passion!

The Bridal Cottage was established in 1993 as a full service wedding salon. We have assisted many brides and their wedding parties over the years and we have worked very hard to gain the trust and respect of our community and clients from as far as Russia, Central and South America, Africa, England, Spain and Trinidad.

Our efforts continue to reap benefits in so many ways: we've gained wonderful lasting friendships, we've given back to our community and we have donated wedding gowns which are sold at auction and the funds used to build a school over seas. We have also received the following awards: Best Bridal Shop, Mid-Hudson Valley Readers Choice Awards, 2003 & 2008, Recipient, Casablanca Bridal Silver Award, Northeast, 2008, 2009 and 2010.

The Bridal Cottage is a place where clients quickly become friends and lasting memories abound.

21 Reviews for the Bridal Cottage

Kayleigh · Married on 08/20/2016

From the moment I walked into the store looking for dresses to the moment I put the dress on the day of the wedding, Gladys at the Bridal Cottage was absolutely amazing. She mad the whole experience so personalized the entire time and truly made me feel like such an important and beautiful bride. The dress was perfect and so unique, the alterations were perfect, and it made my wedding day so special. She was so sweet and so accommodating, and she really showed that she cared about how the dress looked and about making sure it was perfect for my wedding. She personally made changes she felt would make the dress look better that I wouldn't have ever noticed on my own, like changing the clasp in the back of the dress and changing the way the dress bustled, and measuring everything perfectly, at no extra cost to me. The dress was also so affordable. I really had such an amazing dress experience and it was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to get to know Gladys thought this process and to connect to her on a personal level! She made it so easy and I couldn't have asked for a more amazing and stress free dress experience!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :)

Sent on 08/22/2016

Gladys was so incredibly helpful in picking out my dress! She never failed to make me feel beautiful and like I was the most important bride. I loved my Casablanca dress and was so happy that it could be customized while still being affordable. The Bridal Cottage made my wedding dress everything I could have dreamed it to be!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Jamie · Married on 05/09/2015

Let me start by saying Bridal Cottage is amazing! The minute you meet Gladys, there is a sense of relief. She is so sweet and helpful, you just know THIS IS THE PLACE. With so many different designers and knowledge, Gladys and Bridal Cottage are perfect. My dress was gorgeous…and Gladys made sure it was absolutely perfect from top to bottom. She made these gorgeous customize buttons for my bustle. I got a million compliments on my dress…how elegant and perfectly fitted it was. I felt like a princess…and it all started the minute I walked into Gladys's store.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Award

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• the Bridal  Cottage 1
    MILITARY BRIDES
    In honor of our military personnel we are providing military brides with a 25% discount on their wedding gown! Simply visit our salon, tell us who you are and let us assist you with your selection. Short notice is not a problem - we also maintain a line of beautifully designed manufacturer closeouts for your consideration. Customization and alterations are done on the premises. A 40% discount on the cost of a tuxedo rental is offered to the groom if military issued dress attire will not be worn. This tuxedo offer is complete with suit, shirt, vest, tie, shoes, cuff links and studs. Proof of military status is required.

• LaV Beauty
    LaV Beauty Wedding Hair & Makeup

The Bridal Cottage is the place to go when when choosing the ideal wedding dress and bridal party attire for your wedding day. Gladys makes you feel like a queen throughout the whole process! I would know because I was one of her brides, too!

• What Dreams Are Made Of...
    What Dreams Are Made Of... Wedding Planners

As a bridal consultant, I need to be completely confident in a vendor before I recommend them to a client. Before a vendor is awarded a listing on my preferred vendor list, they must portray the highest quality of professionalism, integrity and performance. Bridal Cottage is certainly one of my preferred vendors!!! Gladys and her staff offer my brides the utmost quality of service along with really honest prices. She is patient and understanding and my brides always feel that she makes their dress shopping experience comfortable and enjoyable. I highly recommend the Bridal Cottage.

• Kings Mall, 1200 Ulster Avenue - Suite 400 Kingston, 12401 See on map
    8453401808 (Other Phone Number)
    8453316596 (Fax Number)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00pm - 8:00pm Tuesday 11:00am - 2:00pm & 4:00pm - 8:00pm Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 6:00pm Sunday 12:30pm - 4:00pm Kindly call in advance for holiday hours