Ashburn, VA 20148 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Susan Lim Makeup Artist

Professional Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist specializing in HD Airbrush Makeup & Traditional Makeup.

The BEST way to contact me via email: susan@susanlimmakeupartist.com. Please do not contact me through weddingwire, as your request/information may not go through.

Please include in email:

Date of Event:

Location of Event:

Getting ready location:

Time need to be ready by:

Photographer Name:

Are you planning on doing first-look photos?

Phone number:

How many people needing services (makeup vs hair)?

Follow Susan Lim Makeup Artist on

Susan Lim Makeup Artist 5
Susan Lim Makeup Artist 6

Mumu Xu · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

I booked Susan Lim before choosing any of my other vendors (except for catering). Based on photos and other reviews, I felt for certain that I wanted her for hair and makeup for myself and the wedding party, and wanted to ensure that she was available for my wedding. She was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. She was professional, detail-oriented, and was super helpful in helping figure out the timeline of events for the entire day.

I felt nervous during the makeup trial, but Susan immediately put me at ease. She looked through photographs from our photographer in order to help determine the correct coloring and makeup level to ensure that we looked perfect in pictures. That level of care and attention to detail is exactly why I went with her. We talked about my comfort level with certain types of makeup, and ended up on a look that I was happy with.

Susan and her team arrived exactly on time the morning of the wedding. They were calm, relaxed, and a lot of fun to work with. Everyone in the bridal party looked incredible, and they put both mothers at ease. They even gave us tips about everyday makeup and eyebrows that we never knew before! Susan and her team made what could have been a stressful morning a truly zen experience. We all felt glamorous, and yet ourselves at the same time. I am so happy I was able to have Susan as a hair and makeup artist, and could not have imagined going with anyone else.

Sent on 04/13/2019

Alexis Kim · Married on 03/10/2019

Talented, professional, and incredibly meticulous!

When I got engaged, Susan was one of the first vendors I booked. She is an incredibly busy artist, and I knew I had to secure her ASAP to make all my hair and make-up dreams come true. Once I initially reached out, she got back to me immediately and we started to get the ball rolling. As someone who is very Type A, Susan fit the bill perfectly. She sent tons of instructions, tips, insights, timelines, and questionnaires to make sure she understood every single aspect of my wedding and the hair/makeup preferences I have. When I met her at my trial, I instantly felt at ease. She is fun and so friendly, but still very, very professional. I may be Type A when it comes to my timelines/instructions, but I didn't quite have a solidified vision as to what I wanted to look like. My recommendation to all brides is to come open-minded. You might think you know what you want, but Susan will work with you to achieve what will look best on you. I was also suffering from a bad break-out, but Susan was so compassionate and helped calm my anxieties. More importantly, she also helped significantly diminish the look of my leftover blemishes. I left my trial feeling like I made the perfect decision!

On the day of, Susan and her hair assistant, Angela, were a DREAM COME TRUE. They were incredible - they brought the fun/energy and they also majorly delivered. I thought I looked great on the day of my trial, but Susan took my hair and makeup to another level of perfection. My bridesmaids, who are quite skilled at makeup themselves, were in awe once they saw their finished looks from Susan and Angela. I know just about every bride feels beautiful on the day of their wedding, but words cannot describe how goddess-like I felt. My husband also got some light makeup done by Susan on the day of the wedding as well, and people kept commenting on how flawless his skin looked. I'm starting to see photographs from the day of my wedding and my bridesmaids and I all looked SNAAAATCHED. I also want to give huge props to Angela who flawlessly executed the very different hairstyles of my bridesmaids. She was like a hairstyling machine!

I worked with some awesome people in preparation for my wedding, but Susan was by far one of my favorites. She is a one-of-a-kind professional that is an expert in her field and a master of her craft. The wedding day festivities left me exhausted, but if there was a part of it I could re-do...it would definitely be the getting ready part because it was so much fun.

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Molly

Molly Tutt · Married on 03/02/2019

Beautiful makeup for the wedding day

Susan and her colleague Esther did an absolutely amazing job on my wedding day. We hired Susan and her team for makeup- Susan spent so much time making sure my makeup needs matched my vision, that my skin was in the best condition it could be, and that my mom and bridesmaids had the perfect amount and style of makeup for them. I would recommend Susan's services ten times over!

Sent on 03/23/2019

Real Weddings

• Jewel Hair Design
    Jewel Hair Design Wedding Hair & Makeup

Susan is a wonderful artist who is very talented and has a good eye. She knows how to keep brides looking natural but enhanced like a bride should look on her wedding day! I have worked with Susan a few times, and she is a great person to be around and we work very well together! She is meticulous and does not rush which is a great quality to find in an MUA! WORK WITH SUSAN!

• Ashburn, District of Columbia, 20148 See on map