Ansonia, CT 06401 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,500
Availability Check your date
  • Deals 1

About Stephen Lamb Photography

PLEASE NOTE: I took two years away from weddings to focus on my growing family. I’m back and as excited as ever! I have availability starting immediately in case you are in a lurch, or further down the road if you’re just starting to plan.

Hello and welcome to my site!

A bit about me, the guy standing behind the lens hoping the priest remembers to move out of the way of ‘the first kiss shot.’ I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and attended film school in Montana. I moved to Connecticut in 2007 to chase down the woman of my dreams who is now my wife of 10 years (a decade already??) and a wonderful mother to my excessively precocious daughter.

I enjoy being outdoors with my wife, daughter, friends, and my dog, Montana, as well as being on and underneath the water. On dry land I prefer to pedal and run, wait what’s that? There is a triathlon next week? I’m in! If something is fun or sounds exciting I'll give it a try.

I take the same approach to photographing weddings and I love photographing unique and fun events. Why shoot something the same way everyone else has? Let's try something new!

For 8 years or so I was a freelance lighting designer in the film industry, and I carry that expertise into my photography. Instagram filters are fun, but they won’t fix bad lighting. Nowadays I have a day job during the week as a video producer for a publication based out of New York City. It’s a cool job, I get to travel to a lot of places throughout the year. It’s not exactly making blockbusters though, so my creative itch is not being scratched.

We’re full circle back to photographing weddings, hopefully YOUR wedding. With a full time job, a growing family, and serious hobbies, I am not the factory photographer locked into shooting 40 weddings a year. I shoot a small number and keep my energy high and ideas fresh. If you are planning a unique wedding, if you truly care about the quality of your images and not the quantity, (who needs 5 different pictures of the same picture of shoes?) and are interested in working together to capture some really fun photos, then let’s have a chat. I’d be happy to work out a quote for you.

Follow Stephen Lamb Photography on

4facc55c395ca0c3 1400547552789 chelsdrew37
sarahrobbridal107

6 Reviews for Stephen Lamb Photography

Jesse · Married on 05/31/2014

We simply cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Stephen. When we started the search for a wedding photographer, we were incredibly excited, but after reviewing countless portfolios, we began to get exhausted. It seemed as though the only options out there were either:

a) the typical, staged, forced-smile portraits we were tired of seeing, or
    b) a fledgling, creative spirit lacking the necessary technical skills to match

With Stephen, we found exactly what we were looking for. His unique background as a lighting specialist and camera operator for the movie industry combines the highly-competitive technical abilities and discerning artistic talents that we were looking for. Photo after photo from our wedding was beautifully captured, with every detail (lighting, composition, focus, balance, exposure, subject, timing, etc.) perfectly accounted for.

Amidst the stress of planning a wedding, we were constantly inspired by his relaxed, positive demeanor and incredible professionalism. His ability to be either engaging or subtle on a whim made him a pleasure to have photo sessions with, yet also enabled him to blend in among our guests to capture beautiful, candid moments that may never have even occurred with a less subtle photographer.

My wife and I could not be happier with the photos of our day, and would recommend Stephen to anyone, without reservation.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Chelsea · Married on 05/10/2014

Steve and his team were fabulous. They were able to capture beautiful photos and somehow remain almost unseen throughout the entire day! They are also wonderful people with a great sense of humor. Steve was super responsive, reliable and one of our favorite vendors! Thanks guys!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/03/2014

My wedding pictures where absolutely breath taking! Stephen was responsive and emailed and was so easy to work with. Could not have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Stephen Lamb Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files, Negatives