SoundWave

1309 Johnson St., Key West, FL 33040 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About SoundWave

Hello and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We are Sound Wave Productions, offering DJ/MC and Custom Video Services in Key West and the Florida Keys. My name is James Cooper, I am the DJ. My wife Joanna handles the Video. We have been providing our best to brides in the Keys since moving to Key West in 1993. We would love to help you make your island paradise wedding all that it can be!

Uplights under tables
Our Cryo Gun will keep you cool in the summer heat!
Our Cryo Gun will keep you cool in the summer heat!
DJ

SoundWave 4
  • Mike

Mike Georgen-Wester · Married on 11/17/2018

Superb DJ!

James Cooper is a DJ Mastermind. In full transparency, we used the whole Family Affair team to do our wedding. Planner, Photographer, DJ, Videographer were all one great package. How did we find them? Through Jim and his wife Joanna. When we initially were seeking vendors on our own, Jim was one of the first people we spoke with. We had spoken with a few other DJ’s before Jim and none really had the vibe and connection that we were looking for. Jim was perfect from the beginning and was by far our most responsive, vendor. He led us through not only the DJ selection process, but guided us towards a path for other vendor selection that ultimately brought me and my partner’s stress level to almost ZERO.

As a DJ, he is incredible. My partner and I were nervous to say the least when we were telling a DJ that we wanted the night to start out with inclusive Motown and approachable pop music that eventually turned into millennial gay dance party extravaganza realness.

Did Jim flinch? No.
    Did he tell us he loved the idea? Yes.
    Did he execute? 100%.

Everyone, and I mean everyone (my partners family aren’t big dancers) got onto the floor at some point, and most of our friends and close family wouldn’t leave.

My partner and I decided to change our first dance song the morning of our ceremony.

Did Jim reply to us day of the wedding immediately? Yes
    Was our last minute change an issue? No.
    Did he compliment our choice and say it would be perfect? Yes.

Jim at Soundwave was a PERFECT blend of client service, taste, experience, and talent. He is basically the Ritz-Carlton of DJ’s and frankly, I wouldn’t ask anyone else to DJ a wedding in Key West.

• Lesley

Lesley · Married on 10/12/2018

Fantastic customization

Jim was incredible with our custom playlist and ceremony music. And a fun staple of Key West, I've learned from other vendors' feedback.

We had a very specific vision that Jim met with ease and enthusiasm.
    He talked with us day-of to ensure the timeline was on-track, and was patient and worked without hiccup with things got inevitably delayed.

He was on-time, his set-up and lights blended right in, and he was very sweet. Though a backdrop in the eyes of our guests, his playlist and his announcements were spot on to us with what we idealized and his professionally worked without any hiccups.

Many compliments on his work. A job well done!

Hilda · Married on 09/29/2018

I loved every single piece of music we had at our wedding... And Mr. Jim Cooper is such a friendly person to work with! Thank you for everything!

SoundWave FAQ

• What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,096.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 475.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Real Weddings

• Freas Photography
    Freas Photography Wedding Photographers

Oh Soundwave! Where would I be without the laughter we have! Soundwave is always the life of the party. They are always keeping everyone going, dancing, and making others laugh! When I think of someone who has fun as their mission statement I think of soundwave! I just wish I could figure out how I could have every wedding I shoot with them!

• The Reach - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
    The Reach - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Hotel Weddings

Jimmy and his team at Soundwave are superb! You can use them for anything from ceremony, to cocktail hour and for the reception they really get the party jumping! Great company, great djs, and videography as well. I never hesitate to refer business to Jimmy and Soundwave. My clients are always very happy with their service.

• Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding
    Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding Wedding Musicians

If SoundWave is handling your DJ needs your in the very best of hands!

• 1309 Johnson St. Key West, FL 33040 See on map