SoundWave Reviews

SoundWave 3
SoundWave 4
  • Jacquie

Jacquie · Married on 05/04/2019

Jimmy and Joanna are the best!!

My husband and I got married last month in Key West and I can't say enough about Jimmy and Joanna. They were so much fun to work with and true professionals! Jimmy was very flexible accomodating my last minute requests and our people are still talking about our dance party! Joanna was always there catching every great moment and worked very well with our photographer also. I can't wait to see our video and relive the amazing night! I highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Christine

Christine Raible · Married on 04/04/2019

Great DJ, highly recommend!

My husband and I love music and we spent many hours compiling a list of songs that we wanted to play. Jim graciously took our longgggg list and played almost every song we requested. He laid them out so they flowed and tried to get our guests into it. He even complimented our song choices at the end :). Even if you don’t have a picky list like we did he has great taste and I think he would offer great song suggestions

Sent on 04/16/2019

David Sigworth · Married on 03/30/2019

Soundwave was just that!!

Jim at Soundwave did a perfect job of working the ceremony music just as my daughter ordered. The wedding reception was great, Jim was a great MC and keep us all on schedule and he play the music you wanted to hear. Once he got you on the dance floor you couldn't leave, just one great song after another! We also got uplights for around the dance floor area and it worked out great with all the flowers and palm trees, just wonderful!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Kailey Schmidt · Married on 02/02/2019

Exactly what we wanted! Amazing!

The Soundwave team was amazing. We booked Soundwave due to its awesome reviews and it did not disappoint. We coordinated through James Cooper and DJ Rahm Rodriguez was our DJ. They asked us what we wanted and delivered just that. My husband and I had some very specific requests for our ceremony and reception and DJ Rahm hit every mark. By the end of the night we had heard everything we wanted and songs we had forgotten to request. DJ Rahm just got us, and got what we were going for. Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night, and not just one or two, lots! Soundwave does not disappoint!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • WeddingCruiser2019

Christina · Married on 01/08/2019

Great Experience!

My husband and I hired Jimmy from SoundWave as our DJ for both the ceremony and reception for our destination wedding in Key West. We have nothing but good things to say about him as he was able to have people up and dancing for such a short reception (2 hour brunch reception). He was very responsive whenever I contacted him and was such a pleasure to have at our wedding. He knew we were from the Philadelphia area and even played the Philadelphia Eagles fight song which really added to the energy of the day. Thanks again Jimmy for such great service you provided on our wedding day!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Mike

Mike Georgen-Wester · Married on 11/17/2018

Superb DJ!

James Cooper is a DJ Mastermind. In full transparency, we used the whole Family Affair team to do our wedding. Planner, Photographer, DJ, Videographer were all one great package. How did we find them? Through Jim and his wife Joanna. When we initially were seeking vendors on our own, Jim was one of the first people we spoke with. We had spoken with a few other DJ’s before Jim and none really had the vibe and connection that we were looking for. Jim was perfect from the beginning and was by far our most responsive, vendor. He led us through not only the DJ selection process, but guided us towards a path for other vendor selection that ultimately brought me and my partner’s stress level to almost ZERO.

As a DJ, he is incredible. My partner and I were nervous to say the least when we were telling a DJ that we wanted the night to start out with inclusive Motown and approachable pop music that eventually turned into millennial gay dance party extravaganza realness.

Did Jim flinch? No.
    Did he tell us he loved the idea? Yes.
    Did he execute? 100%.

Everyone, and I mean everyone (my partners family aren’t big dancers) got onto the floor at some point, and most of our friends and close family wouldn’t leave.

My partner and I decided to change our first dance song the morning of our ceremony.

Did Jim reply to us day of the wedding immediately? Yes
    Was our last minute change an issue? No.
    Did he compliment our choice and say it would be perfect? Yes.

Jim at Soundwave was a PERFECT blend of client service, taste, experience, and talent. He is basically the Ritz-Carlton of DJ’s and frankly, I wouldn’t ask anyone else to DJ a wedding in Key West.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Lesley

Lesley · Married on 10/12/2018

Fantastic customization

Jim was incredible with our custom playlist and ceremony music. And a fun staple of Key West, I've learned from other vendors' feedback.

We had a very specific vision that Jim met with ease and enthusiasm.
    He talked with us day-of to ensure the timeline was on-track, and was patient and worked without hiccup with things got inevitably delayed.

He was on-time, his set-up and lights blended right in, and he was very sweet. Though a backdrop in the eyes of our guests, his playlist and his announcements were spot on to us with what we idealized and his professionally worked without any hiccups.

Many compliments on his work. A job well done!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Hilda · Married on 09/29/2018

I loved every single piece of music we had at our wedding... And Mr. Jim Cooper is such a friendly person to work with! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Gretchen · Married on 09/02/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

Joanna was our videographer for our wedding and reception at Hemingway House. We wanted to wait until we watched our video before writing a review. What we wanted was a nice, simple, but high quality video account of our perfect day. We wanted to hear our vows, watch our friends and family talk and laugh, and basically just relive this moment in our lives. That was surprisingly difficult to find. With soundwave, we got exactly what we wanted and for a very reasonable price. On top of that, Jim and Joanna were so easy to work with before, during, and after the wedding and our video was done before the estimated turn around time. We couldn’t be happier!! Thank you so so much!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Ann · Married on 06/11/2018

Wonderful people to work with.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about Jim and Soundwave! He was an integral part in making our wedding day absolutely perfect! He was so easy to communicate with, and every question or thought I had before the big day was answered quickly and with professionalism. Not only did he expertly create the vibe and atmosphere we wanted during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, he was able to create a custom mash-up for me!! Jim mashed up the Imperial March from Star Wars with Bridal March to raucous applause!! It was awesome. He made the day awesome!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Mia · Married on 04/06/2018

Ahhh I cannot say enough about SoundWave and our DJ Sanaris! He was a gem! He met us out to review our event and event music. Sanaris made our wedding so fun for everyone! He played the music I had requested but also played to the other demographics within our group. He even let my nephew behind the booth with him to mix a little. I know he will treasure that moment forever! My chaplain even got down on the dance floor. Sanaris was not only our DJ for that one night we met him out at his other gigs throughout our stay that weekend and our guests were so pumped he was our DJ! I may have hired a DJ but we both walked away with a life long friend! I highly recommend SoundWave for your next event because they will cater to whatever vision you have!

Sent on 04/11/2018
    SoundWave 5

Ted · Married on 03/31/2018

Jim and Joanna were absolutely great and complete pros. The setup of microphones for the ceremony was very smooth, and they explained all the details to us before hand. We had a completely custom playlist, but they nailed the timings on everything. They were also super helpful with spur of the moment announcements. Jim even looked up an obscure song on his phone when there was an impromptu karaoke session at the end haha. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Katie · Married on 03/24/2018

Jim at SoundWave is true professional! He stepped in to DJ my friend's wedding last minute when the originally scheduled DJ no-showed, but honestly if I wasn't a bridesmaid I wouldn't have even known that Jim wasn't supposed to be there the entire time. He was able to pick up in minutes the tone of my friend's wedding and the dance floor was full for the whole reception. Jim very clearly has been in this business a long time and he's very good at it!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Diana · Married on 03/23/2018

Perfection - look no further - hire Joanna!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Joanna and her work. She is a total professional and was so responsive and easy to work with from beginning to end. She captured every moment and detail of our special day producing our wedding video that is beyond our wildest dreams. To the quality of the footage and sound, to the way she incorporated the music we selected, to the final edits made we are able to relive our wedding day over and over again. She truly has an art for putting our love story together in our video. We are forever thankful that Joanna was our videographer, you definitely must hire her!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Kristen · Married on 03/03/2018

Jim did a fantastic job at our wedding! We used him for our ceremony and reception. When I wasn't sure of what music to choose for the ceremony Jim provided lots of suggestions which made it easy for us! Jim was able to stay within our budget and provide everything we needed!
    My dad had a special request for Jim to play and he happily accommodated at just the right moment :)
    Thank you Jim for being there and helping to make our day unforgettable!!
    #finallyferraro

Sent on 04/07/2018
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 02/24/2018

Absolutely love the Coopers!! Jim and Joanna are so fun and great to work with!! They really felt like part of the family the day of! I highly recommend them to everyone getting married in Key West! They actually care about making it the best day of your life!!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2017

Jim was simply incredible! He was not only a joy on our actual wedding day but also in the planning process. He responded quickly to emails and was extremely accommodating and professional in everything he did. Even when there was LOTS of details with family names and last minute song changes AND even two add on live performances, he made it happen! Even more than that, he made it happen with a smile and always made me and my family feel like we were in the best hands. Which we were! As for the day of, he was a dream. He took into account ALL of our song requests and suggestions for different times during the celebration. On top of that he was an incredible MC. He had great energy and brought lots of joy to the party! He knew exactly how to read the night with songs and our Wedding celebration was all the better for it! We were so lucky to have Jim and we will always remember him for the amazing celebration he gave us on the best day of our lives. P.S. My mom also wanted me to mention how nice it was that he dressed for the occasion, in a nice suit for our formal wedding!

Sent on 01/30/2018
    SoundWave 6
    SoundWave 7
    SoundWave 8
  • User6654361 · 1+ year ago

Jim is the best! I would HIGHLY recommend Jim and SoundWave to have as your wedding DJ. Jim is super nice and played such amazing music. We sent him a huge list of songs we liked and wanted played at our wedding - he played those songs and more! Music was a big deal to us for the wedding because we wanted our friends and family to dance all night with us at our wedding. Jim made sure that happened by providing amazing services and great music. He was very helpful and accommodating, and such a pleasure to work with! Our wedding was so memorable and Jim was a huge part of that.

Sent on 10/22/2017

alexa · Married on 03/31/2017

SoundWave was AMAZING!! DJ Top Jimmy was the best DJ we could have ever asked for! He played the best music perfect for the cocktail hour, dinner and kept the party alive and everyone dancing all evening long! He was such a joy to work with and really cared to get to know my fiance and I as much as he could prior to our destination wedding. We couldn't have had a better experience or DJ for our amazing wedding!

Sent on 04/10/2017

Margo · Married on 03/26/2017

we absolutely loved having Jim as the DJ for our reception. From the first telephone conversation we had he was upbeat and fun and at the reception he had an awesome playlist based on our preferences. Also was great with cues during all the important dances etc. we loved having him and all our guests had a blast

Sent on 03/28/2017

Mary Lou · Married on 03/11/2017

I have had the chance to use SoundWave's DJ services for private parties previously, but this was the first time I had the chance to use them for a wedding, reception and after-party. Jimmy did a great job of working with both me and my daughter and son-in-law to supply music for all ages and appropriate for the wedding, reception and after party. The music complimented each of those components and made for a fun-filled event. He also provided the sound system for the wedding ceremony and everything worked so that our friends and family got to enjoy the entire day! SoundWave also does wedding videography and we utilized that service as well. Jimmy's wife, Joanna, headed up that service and because they are both part of the team, they worked together flawlessly. I would definitely recommend SoundWave for any of your DJ and videography requirements!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Bethany · Married on 03/10/2017

Best DJ in Key West! The DJ booth looked fabulous and the music sounded great. The DJ knew how to get everyone on their feet during the wedding. Everyone was up dancing!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Camila · Married on 02/11/2017

Jimmy and Joanna were simply amazing!!! I got them the family affair package that included DJ, photographer and the videographer. It was the best decision ever! Joanna was the sweetest!!! We gave Jimmy a list of our favorite songs and he played every single one of them! He kept all of my guest dancing all night (not an easy tasks). Working them was such a pleasure and so much fun!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Pamela · Married on 12/04/2016

DJ Shauna was our DJ and she was amazing. From our music requests she was able to chose more songs to compliment our tastes. Jimmy was very responsive both by phone and email when we had any questions. I would highly recommend them for your next event.

Sent on 12/19/2016