SoundWave Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Kim W. Married on 04/30/2022

Nothing short of AMAZING!!

Erika and Joanna were absolutely amazing! Erika ensured everyone was having fun and dancing the entire time - she is an amazing DJ! Joanna was our videographer and I couldn’t have asked for a better person for the job! She was so great! 1000% recommend!
  • Kayli
    Kayli D. Married on 01/07/2022

Best DJ of Key West

We had Jim & Joanna for our DJ & Videographer for our wedding recently and I cannot begin to describe how amazing they both are. We had to postpone our wedding due to COVID and were adding hours and people and making so many changes during our wedding planning and both Jim & Joanna were quick to respond and accommodate all of our changes. They are also just such kind people and you can just see how much they love their work and I love that. They helped make our wedding spectacular and I would 10/10 recommend them to everyone getting married in Key West.

SoundWave's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. Thank you for noticing how much we love what we do :) Thank. you for choosing us to be such an important part of your day. Joyfully,
    Joanna *& Jim
    Brianna K. Married on 11/30/2021

Awesome entertainment!

Jim did an amazing job with the music for our ceremony and reception! He sent us a form to complete prior to the wedding to ensure all of our requests were complete in advance of the wedding day. The form was very organized and easy to use!
    We provided Jim a short list of the types of songs we wanted played at our reception and he did a great job reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor. Our guests complimented his services and said they all had a blast!! I would definitely recommend Jim for wedding and reception DJ services!
    Lauren M. Married on 10/01/2021

Amazing Video & DJ Duo

Joanna and Jim were not only amazing with DJ and video services but they were an absolute blast to work with. Jim kept the party going all night on the dance floor and Joanna shot the most perfect wedding footage. They listened to all of our requests and executed perfectly. I initially was not going to do a wedding video and I am so happy with what Joanna produced. I am so happy we chose them as our DJ and Video vendors.
  • Nicole
    Nicole A. Married on 09/17/2021

Great entertainment !

My guests had the best time at my wedding ! Such a great DJ and so easy to work with!
  • Brooklynn
    Brooklynn Married on 08/06/2021

The Best DJ in Key West

Jimmy was such an amazing fit for our August wedding at the Southernmost Beach Resort. From beginning to end, he was fantastic. Super easy to communicate with. Booking and song choices (via his online form) were extremely simple and user friendly. At our actual event, he was phenomenal. He has a great announcing voice, everything was on time and his music choices kept our entire guest list on the dance floor all night! We had so many guests tell us how fabulous he was. Highly recommend.
    Caitlin C. Married on 05/08/2021

Never have I ever seen a DJ know how to properly handle a rogue T-Rex at a wedding...

If you have even an inkling of a suspicion that a rogue T-Rex may wonder onto your dancefloor, don't call the Ghostbusters. Call Jimmy Cooper. This man got the job done! My childhood friend surprised us in an inflatable t-rex costume and Jimmy knew to turn it into an insta-conga line, which got all of our guests on their feet. (Unfortunately, this led to a severe lack of photographs of this moment as everyone was busy having too much fun conga-ing around the Hemingway property. But... his beautiful wife, Joanna, was there to capture this and many other moments as our videographer.). We absolutely loved our DJ, as did our guests. We have received more compliments about him than any other of our vendors. And also the most complaints. Complaints such as, "that man did not play a single bad song so I never got the chance to try the cake!" Or, "my feet were killing me by the end of the night because I just couldn't stop dancing!" I mean, this guy played back to back N'Sync and Backstreet Boys (he knew his audience... aka 30 somethings that would give anything to relive their boy band crushes of the 90s). Thanks Jimmy for giving us and our guests such a memorable night. We adored you!
  • Hailey
    Hailey C. Married on 03/04/2021

Incredible!

Jim with SoundWave was part of our dream wedding team on March 4 in Key West! Jim sent us a form to fill out ahead of time which allowed us to customize the music for our day. Outside of our requests, Jim kept the vibe and the party going! He has excellent communication skills and kept us informed every step of the way! I highly recommend SoundWave!

SoundWave's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to be such an important part of your day.
    Jim
    Jessica W. Married on 12/05/2020

Couldn't have been better!

My husband and I contracted James with Soundwave several months before our wedding. We were always in contact with him regarding songs we would like for our ceremony and reception. James was incredibly flexible with our last minute changes to what songs to play for the processional music and our first dance. Not only was the audio portion flawless, they also provided uplighting that made our ballroom "pop". Do not hesitate to contact Soundwave, they are great!
  • Felicia
    Felicia R. Married on 10/10/2020

My Fairy tale wedding was captured by the best!

Thank you soooo much for your services! I couldn’t have picked a better duo! Between Joanna & Jim and the rest of the Family affair everything turned out better than I asked for! My video made me want to relive that day all over again! Joanna captured every special moment & we are so appreciative of all the work you guys put into this. When you guys said you were from Philly that’s just a bonus as I am a jersey girl ;). You guys are awesome at what you do! Thank you for having that passion and creating those special memories for us!!!
    Missi P. Married on 07/14/2020

Trailer video was perfect!!!

Joanna was able to capture our wedding 7/14/20 at Ocean Key Resort ! We received the wedding trailer and I must have watched it 100xs and tears every time! She is amazing and captured all the feels from our special day! She was responsive so flexible and easy to work with! If you are looking for a videographer she is the girl to see!!!! Thank you Joanna! 💕
    Ashley O. Married on 04/25/2020

Life of the party

Where do we even start?! When our wedding was on the cusp of being postponed due to COVID in April, the biggest light of positivity was Jim at SoundWave. He had the best outlook and attitude about the situation. When we had to postpone until December, he didn’t skip a beat and made sure he personally could DJ our wedding, replacing himself at an annual Christmas event. Joanna came into the planning process and I can safely assume that she was the most efficient and simple videographer booking on the planet. She was so kind and helpful and gave us all of her professional recommendations.

When we all met for the first time in person at our wedding, they instantly wiped any worries I had away. They were so positive, kind, happy, energetic and helpful. DJ and video services aside, we had a FANTASTIC time with them at our wedding! We laughed and and sang and danced all night.

Their equipment was fantastic! Nobody had issues hearing music, speeches or the ceremony. There was not a single time when the dance floor was not occupied and we are so grateful for them!
  • Noelle
    Noelle S. Married on 02/28/2020

Joanna is the best videographer out there!

We booked Joanna for our wedding and we couldn't have made a better choice for our videographer! From the moment that I spoke with her on the phone during the initial consultation, I told my then fiance that she was perfect. Just based on the phone conversation, I could tell she was going to do such a great job. She was so kind to all of our guests, including everyone, and made sure to catch all of the right moments while keeping everything on track. We haven't received our full video yet but we (and our family/friends) can't wait to see it after only receiving the highlight videos today! I usually feel so uncomfortable taking pictures or videos but she made the entire process fun and enjoyable. We also had a second videographer through Soundwave who arrived at the ceremony, she was amazing as well. If you're having any doubts about hiring Joanna, don't! We purposely cancelled with the wedding planning company we were originally going with because they wanted us to hire their own videographer but we wanted to go with Soundwave and it was the best decision. She truly went above and beyond her job description. She basically helped coordinate the guests beforehand to get the footage at the proper time. Her and our second videographer even offered to drive the groom and I to the reception venue so our guests could get there sooner while we get more footage. You can truly tell she loves what she does. We cannot recommend Joanna, or Soundwave, enough!
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie Married on 05/04/2019

Jimmy and Joanna are the best!!

My husband and I got married last month in Key West and I can't say enough about Jimmy and Joanna. They were so much fun to work with and true professionals! Jimmy was very flexible accomodating my last minute requests and our people are still talking about our dance party! Joanna was always there catching every great moment and worked very well with our photographer also. I can't wait to see our video and relive the amazing night! I highly recommend working with them!
  • Christine
    Christine R. Married on 04/04/2019

Great DJ, highly recommend!

My husband and I love music and we spent many hours compiling a list of songs that we wanted to play. Jim graciously took our longgggg list and played almost every song we requested. He laid them out so they flowed and tried to get our guests into it. He even complimented our song choices at the end :). Even if you don’t have a picky list like we did he has great taste and I think he would offer great song suggestions
    David S. Married on 03/30/2019

Soundwave was just that!!

Jim at Soundwave did a perfect job of working the ceremony music just as my daughter ordered. The wedding reception was great, Jim was a great MC and keep us all on schedule and he play the music you wanted to hear. Once he got you on the dance floor you couldn't leave, just one great song after another! We also got uplights for around the dance floor area and it worked out great with all the flowers and palm trees, just wonderful!
  • Maleah
    Maleah R. Married on 02/28/2019

Amazing DJ

I am so happy we chose Soundwave for our Wedding DJ! Communication was great and very easy during our planning process and they helped meet our every need! We were so happy with DJ Sanaris on our wedding day and got multiple compliments on him from everybody in every age range at our wedding. We could not have asked for more and highly recommend SoundWave!
    Kailey S. Married on 02/02/2019

Exactly what we wanted! Amazing!

The Soundwave team was amazing. We booked Soundwave due to its awesome reviews and it did not disappoint. We coordinated through James Cooper and DJ Rahm Rodriguez was our DJ. They asked us what we wanted and delivered just that. My husband and I had some very specific requests for our ceremony and reception and DJ Rahm hit every mark. By the end of the night we had heard everything we wanted and songs we had forgotten to request. DJ Rahm just got us, and got what we were going for. Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night, and not just one or two, lots! Soundwave does not disappoint!
    Robert B. Married on 01/12/2019

Made Our Wedding Great

We had Soundwave DJ at our reception on December 1. DJ Rahm was the best DJ we have ever heard. We had a long list of songs that we wanted to be played and he got every one of them. The sound system was great. DJ Rahm kept the music coming, and even had some tunes requested from our country music loving guests. Rahm was very personable and made sure we did not want for anything. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND both Soundwave and DJ Rahm

Bobby and Janice Byrnes
  • WeddingCruiser2019
    Christina Married on 01/08/2019

Great Experience!

My husband and I hired Jimmy from SoundWave as our DJ for both the ceremony and reception for our destination wedding in Key West. We have nothing but good things to say about him as he was able to have people up and dancing for such a short reception (2 hour brunch reception). He was very responsive whenever I contacted him and was such a pleasure to have at our wedding. He knew we were from the Philadelphia area and even played the Philadelphia Eagles fight song which really added to the energy of the day. Thanks again Jimmy for such great service you provided on our wedding day!
  • Mike
    Mike G. Married on 11/17/2018

Superb DJ!

James Cooper is a DJ Mastermind. In full transparency, we used the whole Family Affair team to do our wedding. Planner, Photographer, DJ, Videographer were all one great package. How did we find them? Through Jim and his wife Joanna. When we initially were seeking vendors on our own, Jim was one of the first people we spoke with. We had spoken with a few other DJ’s before Jim and none really had the vibe and connection that we were looking for. Jim was perfect from the beginning and was by far our most responsive, vendor. He led us through not only the DJ selection process, but guided us towards a path for other vendor selection that ultimately brought me and my partner’s stress level to almost ZERO.

As a DJ, he is incredible. My partner and I were nervous to say the least when we were telling a DJ that we wanted the night to start out with inclusive Motown and approachable pop music that eventually turned into millennial gay dance party extravaganza realness.

Did Jim flinch? No.
    Did he tell us he loved the idea? Yes.
    Did he execute? 100%.

Everyone, and I mean everyone (my partners family aren’t big dancers) got onto the floor at some point, and most of our friends and close family wouldn’t leave.

My partner and I decided to change our first dance song the morning of our ceremony.

Did Jim reply to us day of the wedding immediately? Yes
    Was our last minute change an issue? No.
    Did he compliment our choice and say it would be perfect? Yes.

Jim at Soundwave was a PERFECT blend of client service, taste, experience, and talent. He is basically the Ritz-Carlton of DJ’s and frankly, I wouldn’t ask anyone else to DJ a wedding in Key West.
  • Lesley
    Lesley Married on 10/12/2018

Fantastic customization

Jim was incredible with our custom playlist and ceremony music. And a fun staple of Key West, I've learned from other vendors' feedback.

We had a very specific vision that Jim met with ease and enthusiasm.
    He talked with us day-of to ensure the timeline was on-track, and was patient and worked without hiccup with things got inevitably delayed.

He was on-time, his set-up and lights blended right in, and he was very sweet. Though a backdrop in the eyes of our guests, his playlist and his announcements were spot on to us with what we idealized and his professionally worked without any hiccups.

Many compliments on his work. A job well done!
    Hilda Married on 09/29/2018
    I loved every single piece of music we had at our wedding... And Mr. Jim Cooper is such a friendly person to work with! Thank you for everything!
    Gretchen Married on 09/02/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

Joanna was our videographer for our wedding and reception at Hemingway House. We wanted to wait until we watched our video before writing a review. What we wanted was a nice, simple, but high quality video account of our perfect day. We wanted to hear our vows, watch our friends and family talk and laugh, and basically just relive this moment in our lives. That was surprisingly difficult to find. With soundwave, we got exactly what we wanted and for a very reasonable price. On top of that, Jim and Joanna were so easy to work with before, during, and after the wedding and our video was done before the estimated turn around time. We couldn’t be happier!! Thank you so so much!
    Ann Married on 06/11/2018
    Wonderful people to work with.