Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Sound Enforcement DJ Service

"Elegant Fun Weddings" - soundenforcement.com

Sound Enforcement DJ Service is a mobile DJ service specializing in entertainment for wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions.  I proudly provide high-quality, professional DJ entertainment for central Virginia and beyond.

My style is low key and can be summed up in a few words as, "Elegant Fun". My goal is to play music your guest want to hear and dance to. This goal is achieved by planning and discussing details and song choices with you. Every playlist is put together using input I receive from the bride and groom. Some  weddings my have more current music, some may have more 80's, motown, country, oldies, or unique taste of the bride and groom. During events I do accept requests. I like to pride myself on being able to read a crowd and play music your guests will dance to, but nothing beats direct feedback from your guest.    Along with being your DJ, I am also your Emcee, making introductions and any announcements that you need. My twenty plus years of event planning experience allow me to serve my clients with a higher level of service.  My years in the  wedding industry provide me with the knowledge and understanding of how many other vendors like to work.  I work closely with the venue staff, caterer and photographer to make sure your reception runs smoothly.    I use only professional grade audio equipment and I have back up equipment if needed. Wireless microphones will be available during the reception for my use as well as for toasts and speeches and any other needs. Music will be played from MP3s as well as CDs. Music selections are in radio edit format. I do not charge for travel time, setup or tear down time. My rate for DJ/Emcee services also includes dance floor lighting. Dance floor lighting is; multi-colored, DMX lights used to enhance the atmosphere of dance time. I also offer Decor Lighting services such as LED Up Lighting and Monogram Lighting.    I offer complete services for ceremonies from music selections of your choice to lapel microphones and speakers microphones. I have the ability to provide sound amplification in very unique or out of the way settings. If there is not an outlet nearby, no problem, I bring my own power, which is completely 100% quiet and non intrusive. If you are planning an outdoor ceremony, sound amplification is a must. Using lapel mics will allow your guest to follow along with your ceremony. The lapel mic worn by the officiant and the groom will also pick up the bride's voice as well.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Consultation (6)
One Event Per Day (6)
Uplighting (5)
Liability Insurance (1)

TD provides top notch DJ services. I had an outdoor wedding at the end of December and my wish was to have an outdoor ceremony. TD provided ceremony microphones for my musicians, fiancé, and pastor. With it being outside, I was worried about the sound not picking up but his microphone equipment quickly took care of this issue.

He worked with me every step of the way when I had questions or wanted to add to my contract. He is amazing and I'm so glad that we chose him to DJ and MC at our wedding.

Profile Picture Whitney, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

TD was an incredible DJ! Not only was he fantastic at his job- keeping the dance floor alive and entertaining others. He also helped step in when another vendor failed to fulfill their task. We greatly appreciated his willingness to help without hesitation. We also recommend the shoe game that he offers with his services. The guests all commented on how great of a time that was. He played a great variety of music that had everybody dancing. Wonderful person and superb DJ. Recommend highly to everyone!!

Profile Picture Sara, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

T.D. is an amazing DJ! People were out on the dance floor from the first dance to the end of the night. His music selection was perfect, getting old and young people out on the dance floor. The music and mic quality at our ceremony was awesome. We cannot thank you enough T.D.!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews

Gallery 1

14 Photos

3 VIDEOS

5 ENDORSEMENTS
T.D. Layman is an amazing DJ and host for your wedding or special event. He creates a beautiful ceremony as well (cannot say that for all sound guys). When T.D. is on board for the day he puts our team at ease knowing the event will run smoothly.

Sound Enforcement DJ Service is a number one choice to recommend to our couples choosing a top notch DJ provider. You can be assured a memorable time on your BIG DAY! Choosing Sound Enforcement DJ will be the best and easiest decision when choosing vendors. Sound Enforcement always strives and delivers perfection and customer satisfaction on your most special day!

T.D. Layman is a out standing DJ and a good friend of mine. He will work with all vendors at your event to make sure your special day is one to remember.

TD is a great DJ! He knows how to read the crowd, get the party started and keep it going! He even trows in some fun surprises throughout the evening :). Love working with him!

T.D. is a very fun and very professional person to work with. He is very knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Events