6947 Plank Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22903 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Sound Enforcement DJ Service

Sound Enforcement DJ Service is a mobile DJ service specializing in entertainment for wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions. I proudly provide high-quality, professional DJ entertainment for central Virginia and beyond.

My style is low key and can be summed up in a few words as, "Elegant Fun". My goal is to play music your guest want to hear and dance to. This goal is achieved by planning and discussing details and song choices with you. Every playlist is put together using input I receive from the bride and groom. Some weddings my have more current music, some may have more 80's, motown, country, oldies, or unique taste of the bride and groom. During events I do accept requests. I like to pride myself on being able to read a crowd and play music your guests will dance to, but nothing beats direct feedback from your guest.

Along with being your DJ, I am also your Emcee, making introductions and any announcements that you need. My twenty plus years of event planning experience allow me to serve my clients with a higher level of service. My years in the wedding industry provide me with the knowledge and understanding of how many other vendors like to work. I work closely with the venue staff, caterer and photographer to make sure your reception runs smoothly.

I use only professional grade audio equipment and I have back up equipment if needed. Wireless microphones will be available during the reception for my use as well as for toasts and speeches and any other needs. Music will be played from MP3s as well as CDs. Music selections are in radio edit format. I do not charge for travel time, setup or tear down time. My rate for DJ/Emcee services also includes dance floor lighting. Dance floor lighting is; multi-colored, DMX lights used to enhance the atmosphere of dance time. I also offer Decor Lighting services such as LED Up Lighting and Monogram Lighting.

I offer complete services for ceremonies from music selections of your choice to lapel microphones and speakers microphones. I have the ability to provide sound amplification in very unique or out of the way settings. If there is not an outlet nearby, no problem, I bring my own power, which is completely 100% quiet and non intrusive. If you are planning an outdoor ceremony, sound amplification is a must. Using lapel mics will allow your guest to follow along with your ceremony. The lapel mic worn by the officiant and the groom will also pick up the bride's voice as well.

Follow Sound Enforcement DJ Service on

SM213942

• Videos 3

79 Reviews for Sound Enforcement DJ Service

Maria · Getting married on 06/21/2019

Cannot say enough good things about T.D.!

I cannot say enough good things about Sound Enforcement. T.D. was amazing and extremely professional at my wedding. This was a half Colombian and half American crowd, so I wanted to make sure everyone had music they enjoyed. He provided an entire checklist for the type of music that I envisioned throughout each event. The party did not disappoint; everyone was up on the dance floor once the party kicked off. The whole event went really smoothly and I didn't have to worry about the flow of night. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 02/16/2019

Sound Enforcement 5 out of 5

T.D. is a joy to work with. He completely understood our vision and then exceeded all expectations. Our wedding guests did not leave the dance floor which is exactly what I wanted. His packages are extremely reasonable and include things like customized monogram light and uplighting for no extra charge. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Siobhan

Siobhan · Married on 11/04/2018

Td is wonderful!

We had the best experience with TD as our DJ! He is friendly and funny and we meshed with him right away. He provided a lot of super helpful guidance during the planning process and was always responsive.
    On the big day, he did a KILLER job with the music! There were ALWAYS people on the dance floor and he did a great job reading the room and curating a playlist. It made for an AMAZING party and we could not have done it without TD! He is the best!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Sound Enforcement DJ Service FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 200.00

• Barb Wired
    Barb Wired Wedding Planners

T.D. Layman is an amazing DJ and host for your wedding or special event. He creates a beautiful ceremony as well (cannot say that for all sound guys). When T.D. is on board for the day he puts our team at ease knowing the event will run smoothly.

• Mount Ida Farm
    Mount Ida Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Sound Enforcement DJ Service is a number one choice to recommend to our couples choosing a top notch DJ provider. You can be assured a memorable time on your BIG DAY! Choosing Sound Enforcement DJ will be the best and easiest decision when choosing vendors. Sound Enforcement always strives and delivers perfection and customer satisfaction on your most special day!

• Playback Dj & Decor Lighting Service
    Playback Dj & Decor Lighting Service Wedding DJs

T.D. Layman is a out standing DJ and a good friend of mine. He will work with all vendors at your event to make sure your special day is one to remember.

• 6947 Plank Rd Charlottesville, 22903 See on map