Sound Enforcement DJ Service Reviews

81 | Charlottesville, VA

81 Reviews for Sound Enforcement DJ Service

Laura Fleck/laura Barnett · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Sound Enforcement-Highly Recommend!

TD was amazing, professional yet laid back. He was recommended to us by our caterer, and after speaking with him on the phone, he was hired! He walked us though everything, and had a detailed form to fill out and get back to him about what kind of music we wanted or didn't want, when we wanted it played, and timeline for the event. We spoke on the phone about a week before the wedding to go over the paper, and he was so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The day of the wedding, our timeline got moved around due to the health of a family member, and TD barely blinked an eye. He moved songs around for us easily, took examples of songs we had given him and expanded on them, and had everyone out on the dance floor after dinner.
    I would highly recommend TD and Sound Enforcement to anyone looking for a competent, professional and fun DJ.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2019

T.D. is amazing!

T.D. was great to work with. From the start of the process, I felt very comfortable as he walked me through how his service would work and was able to answer all of my questions. His checklist form was very organized and was broken out by wedding “events” where I was able to outline exactly the music we would like played. I could not be happier with the way the wedding day went- everything transitioned smoothly and the whole night had a great flow. T.D. took music requests from guests and was very approachable. After the event, we received several comments from guests on how much they enjoyed T.D. as well as the music. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Maria · Married on 06/21/2019

Cannot say enough good things about T.D.!

I cannot say enough good things about Sound Enforcement. T.D. was amazing and extremely professional at my wedding. This was a half Colombian and half American crowd, so I wanted to make sure everyone had music they enjoyed. He provided an entire checklist for the type of music that I envisioned throughout each event. The party did not disappoint; everyone was up on the dance floor once the party kicked off. The whole event went really smoothly and I didn't have to worry about the flow of night. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 02/16/2019

Sound Enforcement 5 out of 5

T.D. is a joy to work with. He completely understood our vision and then exceeded all expectations. Our wedding guests did not leave the dance floor which is exactly what I wanted. His packages are extremely reasonable and include things like customized monogram light and uplighting for no extra charge. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Siobhan

Siobhan · Married on 11/04/2018

Td is wonderful!

We had the best experience with TD as our DJ! He is friendly and funny and we meshed with him right away. He provided a lot of super helpful guidance during the planning process and was always responsive.
    On the big day, he did a KILLER job with the music! There were ALWAYS people on the dance floor and he did a great job reading the room and curating a playlist. It made for an AMAZING party and we could not have done it without TD! He is the best!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Graham West · Married on 10/28/2018

T.D. is the boss!

T.D. was a consummate professional—easy to talk to and easy to work with. He was very patient in answering technical and run-of-show questions, made sure all of our details were as we wanted them (including our using custom song tracks for different cues) with multiple check-ins, and even accommodated last-minute playlist alterations. On the day of, his equipment ran flawlessly and he did a great job of facilitating the reception without making himself the center of attention at all. We strongly recommend him.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Jillian Reith · Married on 09/29/2018

Wonderful to work with!

TD was incredible to work with for our wedding! He did a great job working with our outdoor ceremony to make sure the music we selected and all of the readings worked perfectly in the space, and then the music and flow of the cocktail hour and reception was amazing! He was a blast to have at our wedding and we would highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/03/2018

DJ Tobler is fantastic! He is willing to put in the time to get to know the musical interests of the couple and discuss any questions or desires for the wedding day. He is very flexible and a great MC. Just the right amount of involvement to get the crowd on the dance floor but does not go overboard. Whether you want a huge dance party at your reception, the perfect music for dinner, or anything else you desire, DJ Tobler is the man for you.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/26/2018

TD is amazing. I loved that I didn't have to do anything other than hire him and he took care of the rest. He was perfect in selecting our ceremony music, the cocktail hour music and the reception music was a hit. People could not stop talking about how flawlessly he could control the wedding and change the mood. He provided us microphones for the ceremony, and reception which was amazing! The lights we spectacular and the sound quality was amazing. As a bride, it is a sigh of relief to have the best in the business and thats what he is. He took an immense amount of stress off of us so that we could enjoy our big day. I didn't have to give him a long lists of songs to play or anything! I told him what I wanted and the feel we were trying to achieve and every time a song came on it was one of my favorites. He knows what he's doing!! I would recommend to anyone getting married who wants to cross experienced, professional, knowledgeable DJ off their list :)

Sent on 06/07/2018

Callie · Married on 04/28/2018

T.D. was hassle free and a great choice for our special day! We weren't a huge dancing crowd, but he still managed to get us out on the dance floor and having a blast. He's also a great choice if you need an emcee - he's got a great voice!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Amanda & Adria · Married on 04/27/2018

TD from Sound Enforcement DJ was amazing to work with. He allowed us to have the freedom and creativity to make our day a reality. He explained everything easily and ensured that the sound quality during our ceremony was top notch and the songs played during the reception got our guests excited for dancing! He had everything needed on the A/V side to ensure all the speeches/words from our wedding party and family were all perfect and we never had to worry about a thing. He even helped wheel our grandmother through some tough grass so she could see our exit front row. TD was a delight working with and if you need any DJ'ing needs, reach out to TD! He'll make your event a reality!

Sent on 05/28/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/18/2017

TD provides top notch DJ services. I had an outdoor wedding at the end of December and my wish was to have an outdoor ceremony. TD provided ceremony microphones for my musicians, fiancé, and pastor. With it being outside, I was worried about the sound not picking up but his microphone equipment quickly took care of this issue.

He worked with me every step of the way when I had questions or wanted to add to my contract. He is amazing and I'm so glad that we chose him to DJ and MC at our wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Sara · Married on 11/11/2017

TD was an incredible DJ! Not only was he fantastic at his job- keeping the dance floor alive and entertaining others. He also helped step in when another vendor failed to fulfill their task. We greatly appreciated his willingness to help without hesitation. We also recommend the shoe game that he offers with his services. The guests all commented on how great of a time that was. He played a great variety of music that had everybody dancing. Wonderful person and superb DJ. Recommend highly to everyone!!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

T.D. is an amazing DJ! People were out on the dance floor from the first dance to the end of the night. His music selection was perfect, getting old and young people out on the dance floor. The music and mic quality at our ceremony was awesome. We cannot thank you enough T.D.!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2017

TD is such a cool and easy to work with DJ. We had an Indian/American wedding and TD incorporated all the music we wanted, which was awesome. He was a great DJ who was really good at feeling out the crowd and getting everyone on the dance floor. People rave about him, and I am so happy that I trusted their recommendations. My wedding guests also raved about him!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/23/2017

TD did an incredible job with the music for our wedding. We gave him a short list of songs we really wanted to hear and the genres we liked (from Motown to 90s music to current hits) and he knocked it out of the park. We received many compliments from our guests that they had a great time because the dance floor was always full. The music was one of the highlights of our big day. Many thanks!!

Sent on 03/24/2018

Jeff · Married on 06/25/2017

Sound Enforcement played amazing music all night and was very flexible and easy going! Couldnt have asked for better! I cant thank him enough for making our night so amazing!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Claire · Married on 05/28/2017

TD did such an amazing job at our wedding! He played all the songs we wanted to hear and kept our guests happy by playing songs they requested. He did such a good job of helping the timeline flow and keeping it on track. He is very professional and has such a great energy. If you want your guests to dance all night and have a great time, TD is the perfect DJ for you!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Jamee · Married on 05/20/2017

For our wedding at Keswick Vineyards, we were given a list of prospective DJs to choose from. After inquiring about their recommendation for a DJ that knew how to throw an amazing dance party, we were given TD’s information. From the detailed pre-wedding questionnaire and phone conversations to the day of our wedding, T.D. was very professional, knowledgeable, and a lot of fun. We also used T.D. for our ceremony amplification. We are happy to report that we did not have any microphone malfunctions! Most importantly, the reception was truly a party from the time we were introduced until the time we made our escape. From the lighted monogram initials, choreographed dances, and a variety of music, he made sure we had everything we asked for. T.D. kept us to our timeline and kept the guests aware of the happenings around the venue. We are so thankful to have had him as our D.J., as many memories were made on the dance floor that night. 5 stars from us! Thank you, T.D.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Heather · Married on 10/01/2016

TD was a fantastic find! From start to finish he was easy to work with, knowledgeable, flexible and respectful. He made sure our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception had the perfect music and he double and triple checked all the details prior to the big day. He talked us through tiny details (like exactly how long it would take to get our bridal party down the aisle to make sure our music selections would work) and had our timeline of events down to the minute to keep us on track. My family and friends have difficult to pronounce names but he made sure he had each one perfect and that small detail meant so much to me. He was exactly what we wanted in a DJ - he was able to keep the reception moving and make subtle announcements, but he was never in our face and was definitely NOT one of those cheesy DJs that makes themselves the center of attention. He perfectly read the dancing tastes of our crowd and played the perfect song one after the other. I never left the dance floor and neither did my guests. I could not have asked for a better fit for our event. Thanks TD!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kristina · Married on 09/27/2016

Thank you so much! You went above and beyond our wishes. You are an amazing man! You made our wedding day so special and kept the party going. We recommend you to everyone! Words can't describe how thankful we are for all your hard work and dedication. Keep doing what you do! :) You're amazing! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

• Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 10/24/2015

Hiring TD was one of the best things we did in the wedding planning process. Our guests, who are not typically big dancers, were all out of their seats as soon as dancing began, and the dance floor was full the whole night. He was even able to incorporate some Greek music and dancing into our reception very easily. The transition to and from Greek music was seamless and worked very well, which is something I was worried about going into the night.

In addition to making sure everyone was having a good time, he kept things on schedule running smoothly throughout the whole night. I would highly recommend TD. He is worth it!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Brooke · Married on 10/03/2015

We can’t thank you enough for all your efforts leading up to, and during the wedding! You really did an outstanding job of keeping our guests dancing, and hitting all our special songs on cue. Since the wedding, we’ve had so many people mention how great the DJ was throughout the entire night! Without a doubt, I would HIGHLY recommend your services to anyone looking for a DJ. You were truly awesome!!! You can count on us passing your information along to our friends and family looking for DJ services.

Jess · Married on 09/26/2015

We want to thank you for doing such a phenomenal job at our wedding. You exceeded our expectations and helped make it the best day of our lives. The music was outstanding! We especially loved how you got everyone old & young on the dance floor. Throughout the evening, you had the whole place dancing, even people who don’t normally dance. Several of our family and friends commented on how great the music was, and how professional and smooth you were. We definitely made the right decision in selecting you to do be our DJ. You delivered exactly what you promised. We’d recommend you to every person who needs a DJ.

Hunter · Married on 09/05/2015

T.D., I cannot express our gratitude enough and the amazing job you did for our wedding! As a business owner, I am always impressed with professionalism and from our very first conversation you were taking care of business! Your expertise made it easy for me to relax and trust you on the technical stuff. Thanks so much for keeping us dancing all night long. The calls from my family and friends are still coming in. I am certain I will be passing your name around for years to come! Continued Success to you!