Scotch Plains, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 58
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 2

About Smiling Through Chaos

Smiling Through Chaos is a wedding planning company based in Scotch Plains, New Jersey. Owner Amanda is passionate about her work and her clients. Couples are immediately struck by her effervescent, can-do attitude. She sees the world in terms of opportunities rather than problems. Amanda believes that planning for your big day shouldn’t have to be a stressful experience. Her goal is to help you feel great about your day and yourself.

Smiling Through Chaos doesn’t just plan events. Amanda knows that preparing for your big day involves much more than just making sure that the vendors are all booked and in position. It is also about preparing yourself. Amanda will work with you to give you the support you need. Whether it’s offering encouragement or guiding you through relaxation techniques, Amanda and her team want you to feel at your best. Your wedding day is your day, and Amanda believes that you deserve to shine.

Offered Full Planning, Partial Planning, and Month-Of-Coordination, Smiling Through Chaos is the only planning company to hire. Whether your guest count is large or small, we can easily accommodate.

Let's talk!

Follow Smiling Through Chaos on
hannah and stoian on golf course 51 915991 158361273549192
Chevron rounds bridal shower
Chevron rounds bridal shower
Chevron long at bridal shower
Chevron long at bridal shower
The cake has to coordinate!
The cake has to coordinate!
Gorgeous save the date
Customized sneakers
Customized sneakers
All white
All white
Walking to the "first look"
Walking to the "first look"
Candles and flowers - Photographer: Dideo
Candles and flowers - Photographer: Dideo
Reception area - Iris Photography
Reception area - Iris Photography
The happy couple
The happy couple
Flower arrangements - Iris Photography
Flower arrangements - Iris Photography
Smiling and holding hands - Photographer: Brian Reid for Day for Night Productions
All smiles - Christine Merson Photography

Videos 2 Videos

43 Reviews for Smiling Through Chaos

• Reinaldo

Reinaldo Modernel · Getting married on 07/22/2022

Amazing Event Planner that'll make your event magical!

I had the pleasure of working with Amanda recently and she was an absolute pleasure! I could tell how much she cared for her clients and how above and beyond she would go to make sure every event was exactly what her clients were looking for. If you're in need of an event planner, look no further! 5 stars across the board.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Smiling Through Chaos's reply:

Thanks Rei! Was wonderful working with you, and I appreciate that you really understood what I was looking for and cared about helping me make it happen. You went above and beyond and that really means a lot.
  • Patty

Patty Doyle Wolstein · Getting married on 10/01/2021

Professional & Exceptionally Efficient

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with Amanda in planning a special event. She is both professional and exceptionally efficient; ahead of the curve in every detail. Amanda relieved my wife and I of all the stress that comes with planning such an event. She has just the right combination of professionalism and personal charm. It felt as if we had a personal friend assisting us. I would like to thank her for the outstanding job she did in making this event one of best experiences I and my family has ever had.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Smiling Through Chaos's reply:

Patty, always always friends, and I'm so glad I could help to make the day as amazing as it was. Seeing the love in your family was so special, and I look forward to many more events with you in the future!

Alexa Dimarco · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Planning My Wedding

I had the pleasure with working with Amanda as my wedding planner. My mom had actually hired her before I was formally engaged, and three days after the proposal, I had my first meeting with Amanda. Our one hour session quickly turned into a four hour meeting; she came prepared with all of the questions and already had some ideas to throw at me, in the first session of us meeting. The next session Amanda showed up with a binder of typed notes, organized plans and more pictures she had printed with more ideas. This was really what it was like working with her throughout the entire planning process. She always made herself available by phone, no matter what time or day (even though she certainly has her own family and other clients). She showed up to the every session with the organized binder filled with more ideas. After every meeting, my fiancé and I felt extremely productive, positive, and excited! Unfortunately, my wedding was planned for the summer the pandemic that changed the world. My fiancé and I decided to keep our date and opted for a private ceremony. During the stressful months leading up to our dreaded decision, she was checking in with me to see how we were doing. She was always reminding me to stay hopeful and optimistic. I know that if we had been given the chance to see all of our plans come to life, it would have been the most amazing, unique, unforgettable celebration, not just for us as the bride and groom, but for all our guests as well. It was such a pleasure being able to work with her this past year. Although things didn’t work out the way we had all wanted, I am grateful for all she has done for my family, fiancé and me this past year.

Sent on 06/14/2020

Smiling Through Chaos's reply:

Thank you so much, Lex. You two are such a special and wonderful couple, and just beautiful people. I always want the experience, not just the day, to be enjoyable and exciting, so while we weren’t able to have the wedding celebration we had hoped for, the end goal is that you have a wonderful life with your partner. And that you will have. You know I’m here for you anytime and for any event going forward! And we still have one coming up! ❤️😁

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Smiling Through Chaos FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2300
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3500
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 7200
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 125
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Full Planning
    Guest List Creation
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil

1 Real Wedding

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Smiling Through Chaos 1
    Backyard Ceremony + Full Planning for Future Wedding

Especially for couples during COVID-19, we have created this special package to allow you to get married now and stay excited for a larger celebration in the near future. Rather than separate out Full Planning for both the microwedding and the future wedding, we have combined both into one package for you, which offers a savings of over $2,000!

• Smiling Through Chaos 2
    FREE COPY OF BOOK

Receive FREE copy of "Smiling Through The Chaos Of Wedding Planning" when you book your 2019-2021 wedding / special day with Smiling Through Chaos! Mention deal when booking.

• Cassondre Mae Photography Wedding Photographers

Working with Amanda made the whole process so much easier for our clients! She handled everything from contracts to timelines and everything in between. She did a wonderful job and the event was absolutely fabulous!!

• Erin Hill, Harpist & Singer Wedding Musicians

I've worked with Smiling Through Chaos on multiple weddings, and I'm honored to give her the highest possible recommendation. Amanda’s email is “efficientamanda,” and after getting to know her, I can say that is so perfect for her! Of course, she’s not only extremely efficient, capable, knowledgable, and on top of everything, she is also full of sunshine, which to me, is how it should feel working on weddings! Amanda makes doing this job fun, which is truly why I love working with her so much!

• David E. Starke Photography Wedding Photographers

We had a great time working with Amanda. Highly recommended!

• Scotch Plains Scotch Plains, NJ, 07076 See on map
    845-406-9372 (Phone number)
    Location of (Smiling Through Chaos)