Nearby Vendors to Consider

About SKM Entertainment

Your Vision, Brought to Life.

It's our 25th Anniversary!

Your wedding, YOUR WAY for over 25 years. SKM Entertainment’s philosophy of “bringing the magic of first-class entertainment to life” earns accolades from The Knot, Modern Bride, Wedding Chronicle, Arizona Bride, Wedding Wire, and most importantly, our brides. SKM specializes in professional two-person MC/DJ teams that provide fun, elegant memories of a lifetime. SKM also provides beautiful décor lighting, photo favors, and photo montages for the event your friends will rave about for years.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Projector (2)
Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)

1.0

Dave Bernstein was master of ceremony. HE BROKE OUR TRUST!!! Mother of the bride missed the tossing of the bouquet and garter. He did not manage the situation and ensure that the mother of the bride was in the room. He promised he would make sure everything ran smoothly and that all the key people (yes we identified the bride and groom parents were key people) would be ready and present for each event. Dave gave examples that if the best man did not have champagne for the toast, he would make it happen even if he had to pour it himself, or if the father of the bride was not available, Dave would wait. Suggestions: 1) Do NOT use a DJ and MC. There can only be one person managing the room and music. Dave Bernstein was the MC and Gary Jenkins was the DJ and the results were terrible. 2) Make sure you document what you want for dining music, how loud you want the music during dining and dancing. Guests left before the cake because the music was too loud. 3) Be explicit on where you want the speakers. Dave said he would put them in a good place since he done this many times. He put them at the end of the bridal table. Bridal party stop talking because they could not hear each other, even when I asked for the music to be lowered. 4) Go over the plans with the DJ, the day of the wedding. You expect that they will follow their own procedures. Gary played music on NOPLAY List. 5) The fire alarm went off. Gary did not turn off the music immediately. The hotel staff had to try to shout over the music which led to a lot of confused guests. Thankfully the fire was limited to the kitchen. Had the situation been more serious people could have been hurt.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Tatiana, 7/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I booked SKM for our wedding, and we had absolutely no regrets!! Let me just start out by saying that booking a DJ and MC was very nerve wracking for us, and quality entertainment was something we knew we wouldn't want to skimp on.  I would highly recommend SKM for the these two reasons alone: MELISSA AND GARY! Melissa was our SKM consultant and sold us our package, she was very patient with us and answered all of our questions during our meeting (they give you a presentation at your first meeting with them). We booked the package where we were able to choose our MC. We chose Gary and we're SO happy we did so!

About a month before our wedding, we met with Gary and he took the time to get to know us personally and ask us about the vision we had for our wedding entertainment. He listened carefully and took many notes. We appreciated how personal the experience was! My husband and I are were really anal about the type  of music we wanted, when we wanted it played, and what songs we needed played. SKM worked patiently with us to craft the vision we had for our wedding night. I'd recommend SKM without any hesitation.  If you choose a package where you can select your own MC, take the time to watch the MC videos and see which one vibes more with your personality and/or vision. We're so happy we chose Gary! It felt like Gary had known us our entire lives, and our guests felt the same way as well! We got such great feedback about what an amazing party our wedding was!  When it was time for everyone to leave, people were still on the dance floor and a good amount of people were still hanging around when the lights were turned on! :)  I really wish I got our DJ's name, but she and Gary were an awesome pair. They kept the party going and going!!!

SKM has been around for a long time, and they have a formula that they've mastered. No need to look any further! :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/30/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

After meeting with another local DJ company we wanted to do our due diligence and booked time with SKM based on the recommendation of our wedding planner, Jennifer Starr.

We first met Melissa, who was beyond accommodating and easy to work with. She gave us an awesome presentation and was very patient with our budget. During our meeting, we also met Miles, the owner, who knew our venue and gave us immediately gave us suggestions on how to maximize SKM services with space.

On to the wedding day:
DJ Justin was incredible from the moment we met him to the day-of. He listened to us intently to get a feel for who we are and almost immediately understood the entire vibe we wanted to convey. It is no wonder why our wedding planner (who has worked with him several times) was so thrilled that he was our SKM DJ. Justin was instrumental in not only bringing the party to life but also in allowing us to customize special moments including a song by my husband's father (which meant the world to us). He also had the wonderful idea working a memorial song ("My Way") for my late grandfather, as the anniversary dance. Several if not nearly all of our guests said: "it was the best wedding I've ever attended." Thank you SKM team and Justin for making it fun, memorable, and a completely smooth, personalized experience. We are so grateful for our choice in SKM and will highly recommend to anyone with wedding or corporate event needs in the future.

Profile Picture Krista, 4/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

SKM Entertainment FAQ

220x220 sq 1409787391934 kellycody593
220x220 sq 1409787995577 graniello0810 1852193997 o

1 VIDEO

13 ENDORSEMENTS
This is an excellent wedding vendor. We highly recommend!

I worked with Gary from SKM Entertainment at a wedding and they were so awesome! They really knew how to get the crowd going. They got in with the crowd and danced and played some really fun wedding games. I would highly recommend them for any event!

I would highly recommend SKM, they are professional and fun. They have been in the valley for years and I assure you a fabulous time for all.

I have worked with SKM many times throughout the years. They are Professional and very reliable...a great time for all!! I would highly recommend SKM.

Great time will be had by all

101 PROS I KNOW