144 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Projector (2)
Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
144 SKM Entertainment Reviews

we Loved SKM!!! The entire planning process was so easy with the online tool they had us use. they were easy to reach, Gary did an AWESOME job- we had so many complements about our music and host. we are so happy they we picked SKM for our event!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 1/27/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an AMAZING DJ - Dave and an assistant perform the music for the ceremony and coordinated and ran the reception. ALL of our guests had a wonderful time and attributed many of their pleasant experience due to the DJ being entertaining, professional, easy to understand, funny and respectful. It was a grand time and every one won't stop talking about it!

Profile Picture Kylie, 11/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was absolutely amazing! He was so friendly, professional, attentive throughout the entire evening, interacted with our guests beautifully, detail-oriented down to the time champagne was poured and the cake knife was on the table, kept the party going and knew when to make time for slow-dancing... and most amazingly of all, he was so genuine in his happiness for my husband and I. He is truly the best and I am SO grateful to him and SKM for making our wedding a day we'll never forget! Special thanks to the lovely lady who manned the photo booth too! She helped my husband with his boutonniere and was so much fun for our guests too!

Profile Picture Alexis, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I loved SKM. Our MC did a great job making sure everything flowed well, they had great energy and we got lots of compliments about our dj!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

Justin was absolutely awesome! He did such a great job keeping the guests engaged and his song choices were on point. He read the room really well and was incredibly engaging. He was very easy to work with and offered suggestions that really helped to make the night a success! We are so thankful to him for helping us make the night memorable!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Disco Ball, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We were completely impressed with SKM Entertainment. The service was great (completely professional and customized) and pricing was very reasonable. I would highly recommend you ask for Dave Bernstein to be your Emcee as he really made our wedding fun and seamless. We loved him! He also worked with our venue's unique floor plan to come up with a speaker and layout configuration that would ensure the best flow and sound quality. So thrilled with SKM!

Profile Picture Milena, 2/25/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Dave was an amazing DJ and helped make our day special. My husband and I did not do any fog machines or light shows and do not feel like it was missing. We wanted to just dance with our friends and family and incorporate a few games. One thing that was a bit of a bummer was that they forgot to have my dad pray before the meal, but he made up for it by having him pray before dessert. The music he played was perfect and exactly what we asked for. He made sure there was a good mix. I really liked how we were able to add songs on our own to a playlist. Dave was very easy to get ahold of and really got down to what we wanted our wedding to be like. I appreciated how much he cared about my husband and I and our love story!

Profile Picture Alice, 1/28/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My one complaint is the main SKM office often took too long to respond to my emails, and more than once they didn't respond at all. But once we were assigned an MC, Justin, everything went smoothly. Justin and his assistant Jessie were great to work with. They have a knack for picking the perfect song for each moment, and their choices kept the dance floor packed all night long. Everyone from my grandparents to our college friends to our young nieces and nephews danced all night! Our ceremony and reception ran smoothly under Justin's watch, and we had the most perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 1/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best decision we made for our wedding! Gary, our DJ/MC, was AMAZING! We had so many compliments during and following our wedding regarding Gary. He met with us prior to the wedding to go over any details with us. He had some great ideas but was also open to our input as well. He kept the party going the whole time; whenever it seemed that there was a dull moment he would get people back up onto the dance floor. We would HIGHLY recommend Gary for your DJ/MC needs with SKM.

Profile Picture Shauna, 1/7/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Where to even begin? I'm almost positive they called me before my email was actually even sent. That's how fast they are. Due to a bad experience with a horrible dj company at a wedding I was 100% set on what I didn't want and I was not at all afraid to share that with SKM and they were determined to make sure we didn't have a bad time. We were able to book a meeting with them within a few days of sending our inquiry and we knew immediately that we liked them. They showed us all their different packages and options but never once did it feel like they were trying to sell us on something we didn't want. We booked with them that day and were set up with a portal to start selecting wedding music. This portal was great because my music tastes constantly change so I was able to adjust what I wanted without having to constantly bombard someone with my emails.

We worked with Kevin as our MC and he was amazing. He was communicative with us and really helped us figure out what we wanted. I didn't get a chance to grab the name of the dj but he was amazing too. There was never a lull in music and even when the dj and mc stepped out to eat we were given beautiful music to enjoy with our dinner. Every song that I wanted to hear played was played and that makes for a happy bride.

The reception was such a good time. I have a now husband that does not dance and they had him on the dance floor all night. Kevin was checking in on me to make sure I was happy and never once was there a point that I was unhappy. Not only did they deliver on every promise they made but they exceeded.

Profile Picture Hayley, 12/10/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My fiance and I got married in November of this year and had SKM booked as our DJ. Our experience with them was top-notch from the very first meeting we had with Miles. He really took the time to get to know us as a couple and understand our expectations for the ceremony and reception. From there, he was able to pair us with the perfect DJ for our event. We immediately clicked with Justin when we met over coffee to discuss song selection and timeline of events, and he further exceeded any and all expectations on the day-of. His attitude and positivity just radiated throughout the crowd. Our guests were so complementary of the wedding reception and said we had the BEST DJ they've ever seen. The music selections and his interaction with our guests made it a party to remember! EVERYONE was out on the dance floor and had an amazing time. We also booked a monogram and uplighting through SKM, which turned out looking beautiful and really enhanced the venue space. Thank you, SKM (and Justin!) for helping us create the party of a lifetime and hands down, the best wedding ever! You rock!

Profile Picture katherine, 11/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We LOVED having SKM as a part of our wedding! If I had to do it over again, I would select them 100 times over. Our DJ was Kevin and he was phenomenal and such a pleasure to work with. We are so happy we didn't go anywhere else. My advice to other couples: DONT try to go to other places for the sake of a "cheap" price. The money we spent on our entertainment was well worth it. Thank you, SKM and thank you, Kevin!

Profile Picture katie, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: MC

I will start off by saying that both Nathan's at SKM helped make my wedding wonderful. We have had compliment after compliment on how our wedding was the most fun our guests have ever attended. He was quick to help make last minute changes, he got everyone up and dancing which was fantastic. My biggest fear was boredom and no one dancing. Our wedding was a blast! I don't think we had one bored guests. I highly recommend this company for any event you will have. You won't be disappointed. They are worth every dollar spent.

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM entertainment blew my expectations out of the water! They were so professional and really made my dream day come together in the most amazing way. Being a wedding amateur, I was nervous about the flow of the reception but they handled everything and kept the whole night on schedule. They had unique ideas of how to incorporate everything I wanted so that it would flow perfectly with additional things that I had not even thought of! I have received more compliments about my DJs than any other aspect of my wedding. Would recommend 100%!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Everyone loved my DJ, Gary! He did a great job. He is very personable and fun!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 5/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Kevin is hands down THE BEST DJ in the world. No joke. Worth every penny. I was planning my wedding while out of the country and he was nothing but helpful and understanding. Having the ability to go on SKM's website and manipulate my own playlist and figure out what things I wanted at the reception was also an extremely convenient feature they offered. I met with Kevin roughly 2 weeks before my wedding and I instantly knew he was the man for the job. I got so many compliments from the guests regarding Kevin and the SKM staff. I would most definitely recommend not only SKM, but Kevin as well for all of your DJ needs! I could not be happier with my wedding reception and I attribute that to Kevin. Thanks for everything #DJKEV! You're the greatest!

Profile Picture Madi, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I had no idea of where to start when looking for DJ services for my wedding. SKM was the first and only company we met with. They hooked us as soon as we had our initial meeting with them!

I tried to research what the average cost for a wedding DJ in the area is, and to be honest, SKM was a little more pricey than my initial thought. However, we absolutely made room for them in our budget once we met with them and saw how AWESOME they are. Each of their DJ's go through a training process and aren't even allowed to take on an event until they pass. We were set up with an online planner to fill out music for the entire night. (Awesome when I was saving tons of random songs as they popped up on the radio during my year of planning.) We even decided to add a photobooth at the last minute and it was perfect and hilarious.

We met with our DJ Kevin a few weeks before the wedding and he was, in a word, glorious. He made me feel so at ease and I knew we wouldn't have to worry about anything on our night. I had so many people comment an how awesome he was, and already referred him and SKM to the events team at my work.

Planning, communication, day-of, billing, etc. ALL aspects of working with SKM were so easy and professional. If you are planning a wedding, GO WITH THEM!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I loved this vendor, Miles did a great job. From the beginning of meeting with him to discuss our wishes, to building our playlist.
The entertainment, photo booth and lighting was awesome. Miles brought two Dj"s and was our MC.
The dance floor was packed all night with our guest dancing.

Profile Picture Margaret, 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

KEVIN! Ryan and I got married on March 19th and Kevin was a huge part in making our big day as perfect as it was. He was such an amazing fit for us and we received SO many compliments that he kept the party going all night long. I would highly recomend SKM to any of my friends or other future brides that want their wedding to be an awesome party. We were so pleased with everything they had to offer from the personalized GOBO, the extra uplighting, and of course the amazing MC. Thanks again Kevin, you rock!!!

Profile Picture Kristi, 3/19/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

God bless Justin at SKM. He was a rockstar. He figured out what we wanted when we didn't know what we wanted. And he has some serious dance moves to boot :)
The entire process at SKM was seamless, even being from out of town. We had 48 hours in Scottsdale 6 months before the wedding to meet with potential vendors and sign contracts. Miles and his sales staff were great (first off, flexible since we were running late). They were very informative and took us through the whole process start to finish. I had no idea what "up-lighting" was, let alone how many I needed for our venue. Luckily, this wasn't SKM's first rodeo and they figured it all out for us.
We met with Justin, our emcee, via video conference and he was great - patiently listening to our likes, dislikes, etc. Come the wedding day, everything went off seamlessly. Justin directed traffic, making sure we and guests knew what was coming next AND the dance floor was full the whole night... He really knew how to read the crowd and keep engagement high.
Here's a bit of advice, brides, don't get too caught up in stuff/ details that don't matter and let these guys do their job. They're experts.

Profile Picture User4965303, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
1.0

We had an awful time with this company. The first DJ that we met with could not get my name correct. My name is Erica and he would call me Erin in all of our e-mails. It got to the point where it was more than obvious he was doing it on purpose. He was rude and ignored a lot of what we had to say in our in-person meetings. It got to the point that we really didn't expect this guy to even show up to our wedding. 10pm the night before our wedding we got a phone call from the owner and - you guessed it - this DJ suddenly couldn't make our wedding. The owner says it was a family emergency, but with all of the issues we had with this guy it was quite hard to believe. The owner had the attitude that we should count ourselves lucky that he would be free to step in for the first DJ. This company has a long online form. It was clear in the planning process that the DJ did not read most or any of that information. We will say that the replacement DJ did an ok job at our actual reception. Our two biggest issues during the wedding were: 1. They asked for a list of songs NOT To play and we gave them 4 - they played one of the songs! 2. The audio was terrible during our wedding video - we payed them extra to show up early to set up and they didn't test our video! Finally, the salesperson told us we could take items off our service list as long as it's 30 days before our wedding. Several months before we tried to do that and were denied. So we had a terrible first DJ, two major mistakes during the reception, and a bad taste from the contract. We're only rating as high as two stars because the guests had such a fun time at our wedding, despite the mistakes. In the end we highly discourage couples from using this company.

Profile Picture Erica, 1/23/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Justin for our wedding. He was exactly what we were looking for. Definitely had our best interests in mind. I would suggest him to anyone!!

Profile Picture User6203276, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was one of the best things about our wedding. We had a lot of stuff go wrong on the day of, but Kevin helped to keep the stress level down and the energy up. The music was selected perfectly for our tastes! I will be recommending SKM to all brides in the future, and will use them for any large events I may have as well. Kevin was so personable and really made sure to keep everything true to us as a couple. We are so happy we chose SKM!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 12/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Look no further when looking for a DJ service for any party/event! My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary, and hired Nathan from SKM to MC their party. What a GREAT experience! Nathan really got to know my parents before the party, and by doing this, the party they threw for 75 people was amazing and enjoyable....thanks to Nathan and SKM!

Shorty after the anniversary party, I became engaged! It was time to start planning the wedding of my dreams. When it came to the DJ/music/entertainment, I immediately thought of SKM. No question about it....they were my ONE AND ONLY choice. This time, we were able to work with Justin (we met him as he was the original contact for my parents party, but was unavailable for their event). Justin was AMAZING! He also got to know my husband and I, and helped us plan a great night for our 200 wedding guests. Justin was so personable, I actually had some guests ask me days after if he was a friend of the family!

Justin helped us with a couple of "surprises" throughout the night, and they went off flawlessly! If you have a special surprise, or something out of the ordinary to do during your night, SKM is amazing at pulling it off flawlessly and without spoiling any surprises. During our first dance, we wanted to end it with a "bang". We had a "leaf launch" since our wedding was in the fall and the whole wedding was wrapped around fall-like colors etc. Justin and his assistant (I am sorry I do not recall her name), surprised all 200 guests with the "launch", and people were talking about it for days. We also asked for some special sound mixing for a portion of our night while everyone was on the dancefloor, and that was also flawless and so memorable for our guests.

Whether you are planning a party/event for 75 or over 200, SKM Entertainment should be on the TOP of your contact list!

Profile Picture Marina, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

SKM, especially Nathan and his partner, were absolutely AMAZING at my wedding. They went above and beyond in every sense. At one point I saw Nathan go over to our caterer to fill them in that my husband and I were supposed to be served rather than go through the buffet line, which wasn't even a task of his, but he did it anyway. There is not one bad thing I could say about them. The whole reception went seamlessly and everyone raved about how great the games and music were that they had recommended. Nathan was very interactive from getting the guests pumped up about our grand entrance, to teaching our guests how to dance, to picking the exact right words to share how my husband and I felt. The night was truly magical and I owe it all to SKM. You guys rock!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/10/15, 1 Review