152 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Projector (2)
Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
152 SKM Entertainment Reviews

After meeting with another local DJ company we wanted to do our due diligence and booked time with SKM based on the recommendation of our wedding planner, Jennifer Starr.

We first met Melissa, who was beyond accommodating and easy to work with. She gave us an awesome presentation and was very patient with our budget. During our meeting, we also met Miles, the owner, who knew our venue and gave us immediately gave us suggestions on how to maximize SKM services with space.

On to the wedding day:
DJ Justin was incredible from the moment we met him to the day-of. He listened to us intently to get a feel for who we are and almost immediately understood the entire vibe we wanted to convey. It is no wonder why our wedding planner (who has worked with him several times) was so thrilled that he was our SKM DJ. Justin was instrumental in not only bringing the party to life but also in allowing us to customize special moments including a song by my husband's father (which meant the world to us). He also had the wonderful idea working a memorial song ("My Way") for my late grandfather, as the anniversary dance. Several if not nearly all of our guests said: "it was the best wedding I've ever attended." Thank you SKM team and Justin for making it fun, memorable, and a completely smooth, personalized experience. We are so grateful for our choice in SKM and will highly recommend to anyone with wedding or corporate event needs in the future.

Profile Picture Krista, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Ashley and her DJ (so sorry, day of was crazy I never got her name) were absolutely a pleasure to work with. Very easy going, I was organizing the wedding myself with a 4 month deadline and Ashley (MC) did a great job of accommodating our requests and really tailoring the wedding and music to our taste. Our DJ was even a huge Star Wars fan so that was a perfect fit with our Wedding theme. My now husband lived in Ireland and we were able to do skype calls so he could be included. The day of improvisation was amazing, Ashley helped put a boutonniere back together right before the ceremony, the music during was perfect timing for the ceremony. We forgot our lightsabers for our first dance and the marriage certificate and she rearranged the flow of things so the guests never even knew we had to go get them. She kept the flow of the wedding perfect and I got so many compliments on the flow because their never seemed to be a lull in the excitement. She kept the whole day together and on schedule which was important because the park had a strict time for no noise we were able to keep to. I would recommend these two and the company to anyone that wants a truly personalized, fun, exciting, and smooth wedding. Can't thank them enough for the great work they did!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Justin and our DJ were awesome!! They made the night carefree and fun!! They kept everyone dancing and having a blast. Perfect selection and variety of songs too! At first we were just looking for a DJ but we’re sooooo glad we went with the DJ/MC combo with SKM. The music and reception make the memories of the night. Thanks SKM - you all rock !!!

Profile Picture Marissa & Joel, 3/23/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Ok, so SKM was recommended to me by a friend who used them for her wedding. My venue also had them on their list of vendors for their all-inclusive packages. Then I met DJ Dave at an open house at my venue, and just clicked. Things just really seemed to line up, so we booked with them. I wasn't given a guarantee that I would get Dave at my wedding, which was a bummer, because we loved him. So, a few weeks before our wedding, we emailed SKM asking (perhaps pushing a little) to get Dave to be our DJ. Lo and behold, they placed Dave with us, and I am SO SO SO glad they did. Dave absolutely killed it! He was a magician with our playlist, totally entertained our guests, and I guess somehow ate dinner at some point during the night (I say this because I literally do not understand how he ate so quickly that my guests and I didn't even notice!). He made the night so personal and fun, I cannot put words onto this review that express how glad I am that we got our DJ Dave! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for giving us the best night ever!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin was our MC, and he made our night perfect! Thankyou!

Profile Picture MJ, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin was,awesome. Everyone had a great time and he moved everything along smoothly

Profile Picture Laura, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Choose Gary!! We received so many compliments and people raved about how fun and engaging Gary was! He checked in throughout the night to make sure everything was going good and kept people dancing all night, even getting on the dance floor himself! We would do it all over again and couldn't thank Gary enough for making our special night unforgettable!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 2/9/18, 15 Reviews
Category: DJ

we Loved SKM!!! The entire planning process was so easy with the online tool they had us use. they were easy to reach, Gary did an AWESOME job- we had so many complements about our music and host. we are so happy they we picked SKM for our event!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 1/27/18, 8 Reviews

Initial Consultation:

We met with Nicole who answered all our questions and concerns. She went over music styles, genres, and wedding activities to show us how versatile they could be. She asked us numerous questions about ourselves and our tastes in music to properly match us with an MC and DJ. Altogether, she spent over two hours with us to make sure we were satisfied.

Photo Booth:

The photo booth was one of the highlights of the night. Everyone loved the booth, props, and instant pictures available to our guests. Our only complaint would be that it took over a month to receive the digital copies of all the photos taken as promised.

Lighting:

We opted for several up-lights, which added to the ambience of the night. They were in sync with the music to make it really feel like an awesome party. Our package came with a lighting technician, who we never met, but did an awesome job.

DJ:

The DJ that came with MC Justin was fantastic. They played all the requested songs we wanted including 70s, 80s, 90s, and current hits and meshed some other songs in perfectly that really made the night flow. The music was always on queue and there was never a dull moment

MC Justin:

Justin is a gem of SKM. Upon our first meeting with Justin, we loved him immediately. He was very friendly and attentive to our needs. He went out of his way to ensure we had our night planned down to the minute, exactly as we envisioned. He used his extensive experience to bring ideas for our night while incorporating our own. He was also easily reachable with any updates or concerns up until the wedding. On the wedding night he was upbeat the entire time, was constantly communicating with us, taking requests from guests, segueing each event into the next, and making the night feel like one amazing party. We constantly receive compliments from our guests about how awesome Justin was. We would recommend him for ANY event you have planned.

Profile Picture Matthew, 12/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an AMAZING DJ - Dave and an assistant perform the music for the ceremony and coordinated and ran the reception. ALL of our guests had a wonderful time and attributed many of their pleasant experience due to the DJ being entertaining, professional, easy to understand, funny and respectful. It was a grand time and every one won't stop talking about it!

Profile Picture Kylie, 11/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was absolutely amazing! He was so friendly, professional, attentive throughout the entire evening, interacted with our guests beautifully, detail-oriented down to the time champagne was poured and the cake knife was on the table, kept the party going and knew when to make time for slow-dancing... and most amazingly of all, he was so genuine in his happiness for my husband and I. He is truly the best and I am SO grateful to him and SKM for making our wedding a day we'll never forget! Special thanks to the lovely lady who manned the photo booth too! She helped my husband with his boutonniere and was so much fun for our guests too!

Profile Picture Alexis, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I loved SKM. Our MC did a great job making sure everything flowed well, they had great energy and we got lots of compliments about our dj!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

Justin was absolutely awesome! He did such a great job keeping the guests engaged and his song choices were on point. He read the room really well and was incredibly engaging. He was very easy to work with and offered suggestions that really helped to make the night a success! We are so thankful to him for helping us make the night memorable!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Disco Ball, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We were completely impressed with SKM Entertainment. The service was great (completely professional and customized) and pricing was very reasonable. I would highly recommend you ask for Dave Bernstein to be your Emcee as he really made our wedding fun and seamless. We loved him! He also worked with our venue's unique floor plan to come up with a speaker and layout configuration that would ensure the best flow and sound quality. So thrilled with SKM!

Profile Picture Milena, 2/25/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Dave was an amazing DJ and helped make our day special. My husband and I did not do any fog machines or light shows and do not feel like it was missing. We wanted to just dance with our friends and family and incorporate a few games. One thing that was a bit of a bummer was that they forgot to have my dad pray before the meal, but he made up for it by having him pray before dessert. The music he played was perfect and exactly what we asked for. He made sure there was a good mix. I really liked how we were able to add songs on our own to a playlist. Dave was very easy to get ahold of and really got down to what we wanted our wedding to be like. I appreciated how much he cared about my husband and I and our love story!

Profile Picture Alice, 1/28/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My one complaint is the main SKM office often took too long to respond to my emails, and more than once they didn't respond at all. But once we were assigned an MC, Justin, everything went smoothly. Justin and his assistant Jessie were great to work with. They have a knack for picking the perfect song for each moment, and their choices kept the dance floor packed all night long. Everyone from my grandparents to our college friends to our young nieces and nephews danced all night! Our ceremony and reception ran smoothly under Justin's watch, and we had the most perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 1/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best decision we made for our wedding! Gary, our DJ/MC, was AMAZING! We had so many compliments during and following our wedding regarding Gary. He met with us prior to the wedding to go over any details with us. He had some great ideas but was also open to our input as well. He kept the party going the whole time; whenever it seemed that there was a dull moment he would get people back up onto the dance floor. We would HIGHLY recommend Gary for your DJ/MC needs with SKM.

Profile Picture Shauna, 1/7/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Where to even begin? I'm almost positive they called me before my email was actually even sent. That's how fast they are. Due to a bad experience with a horrible dj company at a wedding I was 100% set on what I didn't want and I was not at all afraid to share that with SKM and they were determined to make sure we didn't have a bad time. We were able to book a meeting with them within a few days of sending our inquiry and we knew immediately that we liked them. They showed us all their different packages and options but never once did it feel like they were trying to sell us on something we didn't want. We booked with them that day and were set up with a portal to start selecting wedding music. This portal was great because my music tastes constantly change so I was able to adjust what I wanted without having to constantly bombard someone with my emails.

We worked with Kevin as our MC and he was amazing. He was communicative with us and really helped us figure out what we wanted. I didn't get a chance to grab the name of the dj but he was amazing too. There was never a lull in music and even when the dj and mc stepped out to eat we were given beautiful music to enjoy with our dinner. Every song that I wanted to hear played was played and that makes for a happy bride.

The reception was such a good time. I have a now husband that does not dance and they had him on the dance floor all night. Kevin was checking in on me to make sure I was happy and never once was there a point that I was unhappy. Not only did they deliver on every promise they made but they exceeded.

Profile Picture Hayley, 12/10/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My fiance and I got married in November of this year and had SKM booked as our DJ. Our experience with them was top-notch from the very first meeting we had with Miles. He really took the time to get to know us as a couple and understand our expectations for the ceremony and reception. From there, he was able to pair us with the perfect DJ for our event. We immediately clicked with Justin when we met over coffee to discuss song selection and timeline of events, and he further exceeded any and all expectations on the day-of. His attitude and positivity just radiated throughout the crowd. Our guests were so complementary of the wedding reception and said we had the BEST DJ they've ever seen. The music selections and his interaction with our guests made it a party to remember! EVERYONE was out on the dance floor and had an amazing time. We also booked a monogram and uplighting through SKM, which turned out looking beautiful and really enhanced the venue space. Thank you, SKM (and Justin!) for helping us create the party of a lifetime and hands down, the best wedding ever! You rock!

Profile Picture katherine, 11/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We LOVED having SKM as a part of our wedding! If I had to do it over again, I would select them 100 times over. Our DJ was Kevin and he was phenomenal and such a pleasure to work with. We are so happy we didn't go anywhere else. My advice to other couples: DONT try to go to other places for the sake of a "cheap" price. The money we spent on our entertainment was well worth it. Thank you, SKM and thank you, Kevin!

Profile Picture katie, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: MC

I will start off by saying that both Nathan's at SKM helped make my wedding wonderful. We have had compliment after compliment on how our wedding was the most fun our guests have ever attended. He was quick to help make last minute changes, he got everyone up and dancing which was fantastic. My biggest fear was boredom and no one dancing. Our wedding was a blast! I don't think we had one bored guests. I highly recommend this company for any event you will have. You won't be disappointed. They are worth every dollar spent.

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM entertainment blew my expectations out of the water! They were so professional and really made my dream day come together in the most amazing way. Being a wedding amateur, I was nervous about the flow of the reception but they handled everything and kept the whole night on schedule. They had unique ideas of how to incorporate everything I wanted so that it would flow perfectly with additional things that I had not even thought of! I have received more compliments about my DJs than any other aspect of my wedding. Would recommend 100%!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Everyone loved my DJ, Gary! He did a great job. He is very personable and fun!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 5/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Kevin is hands down THE BEST DJ in the world. No joke. Worth every penny. I was planning my wedding while out of the country and he was nothing but helpful and understanding. Having the ability to go on SKM's website and manipulate my own playlist and figure out what things I wanted at the reception was also an extremely convenient feature they offered. I met with Kevin roughly 2 weeks before my wedding and I instantly knew he was the man for the job. I got so many compliments from the guests regarding Kevin and the SKM staff. I would most definitely recommend not only SKM, but Kevin as well for all of your DJ needs! I could not be happier with my wedding reception and I attribute that to Kevin. Thanks for everything #DJKEV! You're the greatest!

Profile Picture Madi, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I had no idea of where to start when looking for DJ services for my wedding. SKM was the first and only company we met with. They hooked us as soon as we had our initial meeting with them!

I tried to research what the average cost for a wedding DJ in the area is, and to be honest, SKM was a little more pricey than my initial thought. However, we absolutely made room for them in our budget once we met with them and saw how AWESOME they are. Each of their DJ's go through a training process and aren't even allowed to take on an event until they pass. We were set up with an online planner to fill out music for the entire night. (Awesome when I was saving tons of random songs as they popped up on the radio during my year of planning.) We even decided to add a photobooth at the last minute and it was perfect and hilarious.

We met with our DJ Kevin a few weeks before the wedding and he was, in a word, glorious. He made me feel so at ease and I knew we wouldn't have to worry about anything on our night. I had so many people comment an how awesome he was, and already referred him and SKM to the events team at my work.

Planning, communication, day-of, billing, etc. ALL aspects of working with SKM were so easy and professional. If you are planning a wedding, GO WITH THEM!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting