Omaha, NE 68122 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Simple to Elegant Weddings - Omaha

Are you dreaming of a small and intimate wedding or are you planning a large and more formal wedding with many guests? Are you planning to rent a large hall or have your ceremony in a park, backyard, or living room? Is a traditional religious service what you are looking for or more of a non-traditional and eclectic service? Rev. Melissa has the experience and the desire to help you design a ceremony that will make your day unique, memorable, and fun.

I am Rev. Melissa Strong and I have officiated over 450 weddings since 2007. I have officiated weddings with 9 attendants on each side with 350 guests to weddings in a living room with only the bride, groom, and two witnesses in attendance. I have been a part of weddings where couples wear tuxes to those where they wear jeans and cowboy boots.

I have a passion for not just being the person to read the words of your ceremony, but to create a unique ceremony that is a reflection of you and the humor, life, love, and joy that makes up your partnership. I finds joy in working with you to customize your ceremony. I run the rehearsals if you do not have a coordinator so that each participant knows where to be and when to be there. Beyond that, I do all that she can to reduce the stress and worry of the day. I have done everything from drying the flowers so they don't drip on the dresses to sewing on the groom's button minutes before the ceremony, to helping bustle the wedding dress. From start to finish, I am committed to helping your ceremony go as smoothly as possible. I am personable, joyful, and humorous. I know the balance of having a fun time and being professional and on point.

I am an ordained minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and am the Service Leader for Spiritual Care Services at Methodist Hospital and Methodist Women's Hospital. I love my work in the hospital and absolutely enjoy the opportunity and honor to unite a couple and be present for their first moments into the next steps of their journey. If you are looking for someone who will bring laughter, fun, creativity and professionalism to your wedding, please give me a call. I would love to talk to you!

shapeimage16 1
melissas logo
418972563049517843599252548n 2

8 Reviews for Simple to Elegant Weddings - Omaha

Beverly · Married on 09/01/2016

Rev Melissa was wonderful. We wanted a simple ceremony, at home, on very short notice. Rev Melissa was so accommodating. She agreed to come on a Thursday evening, just before a holiday weekend. She provided good guidelines and suggestions for the ceremony, was warm, professional and courteous. Our ceremony was beautiful. We highly recommend Rev Melissa. She is flexible and gracious. Thanks Rev Melissa!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Christian · Married on 06/04/2016

Melissa was absolutely amazing!! She spent quality time with us getting to know us and what we were looking for in a ceremony. The ceremony was personalized and heartfelt. It was everything we wanted. We highly recommend Melissa as an officiant.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Lynn · Married on 06/03/2016

Melissa was so wonderful to work with! She was very responsive, and had great communication through the whole planning process. She had a ton of options when it cam to ceremony reading, and had great suggestions when we were not sure what we wanted. Great if you want a religious ceremony or if you are wanting something nonreligious.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Award

Simple to Elegant Weddings - Omaha FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 325.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Presbyterian, Quaker, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English