146 Arbor Drive Apt. A, Sunbury, OH 43074 Map · Phone number

About Sharon Avis, Harpist

I specialize in giving personal service to you and providing a touch of elegance for your event. In order to help you choose your music, I offer a one hour music consultation that is included in the cost of your wedding. A Partial Repertoire List is available along with a Consultation Form that will help you organize the placement of music in your ceremony.

I have played for numerous weddings, receptions, political events, seasonal events, bat mitzvahs, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, retirement parties, anniversary parties, funerals and harp demonstration/lectures. I opened the Hyatt Regency Columbus (OH) as part of a harp duo and then as soloist. I played for various events throughout my career in Columbus, Ohio venues.

I have served as harpist for opera, band, orchestra and recording sessions in Kansas, Oklahoma, Ohio and Michigan in the United States of America. I served as harpist in the Fort Sill Symphony (OK), Wichita Symphony (Kansas), Kansas City Symphony (KC, MO), Topeka Symphony (Kansas) and the Westerville Symphony (Westerville, Ohio).

Theater is a passion of mine and I've played in pit orchestras in productions such as “1776,” “The Fantastics,” “It's A Grand Night For Singing” and the United States Midwest Premier of Leonard Bernstein's “Mass.” I played in the Wilfred-Laurier University production of “Dialogue of the Carmelites” in Waterloo, Ontario in January and February, 2009.

I have served as Harp Instructor at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS), Washburn University (Topeka, KS), Capital University (Columbus, OH) and Dennison University (Granville, OH). I have nurtured and encouraged many harp students to achieve their musical goals. I now have a home studio in Sunbury, Ohio and I have rental harps available.

Follow Sharon Avis, Harpist on

• Flute Cocktail
  • Delightful Sounds
  • Sintonia Duo: Flute & Cello
sharon avis
sharon avis

• Tall Timbers Mansion Weddings

If you are looking for that elegant, romantic sound for your ceremony you have found it with Sharon Avis! Without a doubt, one of our favorite musicians.

• 146 Arbor Drive, Apt. A Sunbury, 43074 See on map
    Location of (Sharon Avis, Harpist)