Ankeny, IA 50023 Map · Phone number

About Select Entertainment

Our goal is to make your next event everything you have ever imagined and more. We will work with you to listen to your needs and wants, and do everything in our power to make them happen. We know that choosing the right entertainment company can help to make or break your event. This night is about you and your dreams and wishes, not what we want.

Follow Select Entertainment on

Select Entertainment 7
  • Jessika

Jessika Wilson · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent Officiant/DJ

Bret officiated our small ceremony and he DJ’d our reception. He took so much stress off of coming up with vows and planning our list of music. My husband has quite a bit of social anxiety and Bret was so helpful and down-to-Earth that my husband had a much easier time than both of us had expected, he actually enjoyed himself immensely!

I sent Bret several emails throughout the last few months prior to the wedding and he always responded in a timely manner as well as giving detailed information when necessary. He was flexible when it came to meeting to go over details of the ceremony and reception, and he drove from Ankeny to Marshalltown for the rehearsal.

He told us several times ‘whatever you want, this is YOUR special day’ and he really lived up to that! We wanted a very short and simple ceremony and he made that very painless! We were very thrilled to find a company that had officiants because that was a major concern for us.

I am more than happy to leave this review because the positive reviews of Select Entertainment are the reason we decided to go with them! I would recommend Bret and Select Entertainment over and over again!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

So much fun!!

Andy was the best DJ we could have asked for on our big day! He kept the timeline going and even carried my husband and my food out to the table after we went through the line. He kept everyone out on the dance floor the entire night and made sure our day was everything we dreamed of! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Katie Hallman · Married on 10/13/2018

Above and beyond!

DJ Cubbie is THE BEST!! My now-husband’s rental tux pants had a broken clasp on the side and his pants would not stay up! Cubbie literally gave him the suspenders off his back! It was the most incredible and thoughtful thing. I was truly awed. He made the whole reception run so smoothly and was even checking in with me to see if I needed anything throughout the night. If I could rate a hundred stars I would!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Select Entertainment FAQ

• What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek
    Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek Hotel Weddings

Great service & great people. Always professional while keeping your party going! Highly recommend!

• Baqara Venue, Floral & Decor.
    Baqara Venue, Floral & Decor. Banquet Halls

We LOVE Select Entertainment! Not only are they awesome at what they do, they LOVE it and make sure to have every detail ready for your event. I hired them for my wedding 3.5 years ago and they are my top pick! They have been in the industry for a long time and have many great ideas. Call them to find the DJ that will keep your party hoppin'. Thanks for being a top vendor at our Venue!

• Red Door Photo and Design
    Red Door Photo and Design Wedding Photographers

Definitely one of the very BEST DJ's in Des Moines! You can't go wrong with Select Entertainment!!! They take the time to find out how you want YOUR event to run. Then on the day of the event - you can relax because you are in GREAT hands! Can't go wrong with Select Entertainment......

• Ankeny, 50023 See on map