Select Entertainment Reviews

Select Entertainment 5
Select Entertainment 6
Select Entertainment 7

Dawn Heritage · Married on 06/29/2019

Hands down best DJ in town

If anyone is looking for a DJ for an upcoming wedding Andy Powell at Select Entertainment is the man. He provides the whole package from audio for your ceremony, to serving as the MC to keep everything on schedule and then cranking up the fun to make sure that everyone has a great time. He had the dance floor packed the whole night up until time to turn out the lights. Thank you Andy for making the party so much fun.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Malsom · Married on 06/08/2019

Daughters wedding

If you are looking for an absolutely amazing experience with the a DJ, look no further. Andy with select entertainment was amazing. Not only did he play appropriate music, he was also my daughters officiant. We had more compliments on his service all night long and even into the next week about Andy helping them carry their food, Get them a drink, guide them to the restroom, cleaned off the tables, and kept the night going with all the events my daughter had requested. Andy was way more than a DJ as he made the night go smooth, kept this mom calm, and went way above and beyond. My understanding is that this is not something he did for just our daughter but he does for everyone. You will never be disappointed with his services.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Jessika

Jessika Wilson · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent Officiant/DJ

Bret officiated our small ceremony and he DJ’d our reception. He took so much stress off of coming up with vows and planning our list of music. My husband has quite a bit of social anxiety and Bret was so helpful and down-to-Earth that my husband had a much easier time than both of us had expected, he actually enjoyed himself immensely!

I sent Bret several emails throughout the last few months prior to the wedding and he always responded in a timely manner as well as giving detailed information when necessary. He was flexible when it came to meeting to go over details of the ceremony and reception, and he drove from Ankeny to Marshalltown for the rehearsal.

He told us several times ‘whatever you want, this is YOUR special day’ and he really lived up to that! We wanted a very short and simple ceremony and he made that very painless! We were very thrilled to find a company that had officiants because that was a major concern for us.

I am more than happy to leave this review because the positive reviews of Select Entertainment are the reason we decided to go with them! I would recommend Bret and Select Entertainment over and over again!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

So much fun!!

Andy was the best DJ we could have asked for on our big day! He kept the timeline going and even carried my husband and my food out to the table after we went through the line. He kept everyone out on the dance floor the entire night and made sure our day was everything we dreamed of! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Katie Hallman · Married on 10/13/2018

Above and beyond!

DJ Cubbie is THE BEST!! My now-husband’s rental tux pants had a broken clasp on the side and his pants would not stay up! Cubbie literally gave him the suspenders off his back! It was the most incredible and thoughtful thing. I was truly awed. He made the whole reception run so smoothly and was even checking in with me to see if I needed anything throughout the night. If I could rate a hundred stars I would!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Molly Gregg · Married on 09/22/2018

Best decision we had for our wedding-Cubbie is wonderful!!

I can not say enough good things about Cubbie and Select Enterainment. He was amazing to work with and has many creative ideas that really brought our wedding to the next level. He not only DJed our reception but also provided the music and sound to our ceremony in which was all awesome. He helped pick out the songs, coordinated with the wedding party about timing of everything, and really went over and above on his DJ services. He did such a good job that our best friends are using him for their wedding in April and we can’t wait to see what he will do for their wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Cubbie for any event!

Kristen Steele · Married on 09/15/2018

Excellent, fun

Our day was perfect and it was HOT, Andy rolled with the punches all day and was very attentive to every detail. We are so happy we chose Select Entertainment!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Noah

Noah Short · Married on 09/08/2018

Andy is simply the best

Knowing Andy almost 8 years, I knew I was in good hands with him behind the booth at my wedding. The dedication he puts into his work, and his passion for making sure brides and grooms have the most memorable days ever, is unrivaled. Andy is simple the best choice for any couple looking for a perfect evening of fun.

Select Entertainment 8
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2018

Dj and wedding planner wrapped in one!

Cubbie was the best dj I could have asked for! He was there to make sure I had whatever I wanted for my day and made sure we were on schedule for everything while still having a great time!

Andrew Jezewski · Married on 08/04/2018

No better choice!!!

There was no better choice than DJ Cubbie. It is hard to find a DJ because it's hard to see an example product. I'm telling you that Select Entertainment will not disappoint. Planning our wedding was so much easier, enjoying our night, and flawless service made this one of our best choices in vendors for the wedding. Book select entertainment for your event as soon as you can!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Spencer Newman · Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding with DJ Cubbie

Andy made our wedding amazing! He kept the party going and he was professional and made sure everyone was taken care of. He truly went above and beyond.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Katelynn · Married on 07/13/2018

Bret was the DJ for our wedding. He also did the weddings of two of my sisters and a family friend. He did amazing job at every wedding. He is very personal and easy to work with. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a DJ.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Laura Small · Married on 06/29/2018

Worth every penny

Andy was the DJ at our wedding in June. We lived out of state and he was amazing to work with. He was very professional and knew all of the right questions to ask. He has a huge variety of music to select from and was willing to find songs for us. He also had fun activities to do during the reception. We did a selfie dance that everybody loved and it was new and unique. He made sure the reception ran smoothly and we didn’t have to worry about anything.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

Select Entertainment (Andy Powell)

We got a recommendation to go with select entertainment (Andy Powell) for our DJ services! We contacted him, he was absolutely wonderful to work with! He worked with our different ideas we had and he had some great ideas we had never seen at a wedding before! I highly recommend him to anyone getting married! All of our guest had so much fun at our wedding he really kept things going smoothly and his timing for everything was on point! You won’t go wrong by choosing him as your dj!!

Select Entertainment 9
    Select Entertainment 19
    Select Entertainment 20
  • O

Olivia · Married on 04/13/2018

Andy was truly fabulous to work with - I was beyond impressed and had several guests comment on how great the DJ was. My favorite part was how "behind-the-scenes" he was as well as being a wonderful DJ and MC. He grabbed my husband and I waters throughout the night, cleared our dinner plates, and checked in with us during the dance to see if there was any changes that need to be made. We had the best dance party - all thanks to Andy! He was also the DJ for our ceremony since we didn't get married in a church and it went off without a hitch, even with some night before changes. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Rebecca · Married on 04/07/2018

I hired Andy as my DJ after attending a wedding he DJ'd for. Both occasions he did a phenomenal job! He provided the sound for my ceremony & my reception. He is extremely knowledgeable on how events should flow, and he made great suggestions for activities & songs that I was unsure about. Since he DJ'd at two weddings I've attended, I can say he knows exactly what type of music to play depending on the crowd. The atmosphere he provided was very different, and both were perfect for each event. I definitely recommend hiring him for your wedding!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Mason · Married on 04/04/2018

Great Work

Andy was a blast and kept the party going at the perfect level all evening. Too bad I'm only getting married once, or I'd book you again.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2017

Andy "Cubbie" Powell is the best! He ran our ceremony and reception. He's beyond professional, and had several helpful suggestions that made our special day even better. He genuinely cares that all guests are having a great time. Prices are reasonable, and inexpensive when compared to what you get. I would highly recommend him in the future!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Cubbie is hands down the best DJ around!!! He takes the time to get to know you and always adds a personal touch for your special day!!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/23/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the service we received from Andy! The music played was exactly what we asked for and the dance floor was full until the end of the night. Andy also helped the reception flow very smoothly and we received a lot of compliments from guests.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Kenzie · Married on 08/05/2017

John from Select Entertainment was very professional and easy going! He had great advice while planning our wedding and was very nice! John worked with us to make sure that everything we wanted was incorporated into our big day! He kept our dance floor busy all night long with great music!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Shelby · Married on 06/10/2017

We had Bret from Select Entertainment as our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. Extremely professional and fun. Our guests were on the dance floor all night, and Bret helped keep the wedding timeline running smoothly. He basically doubled as a wedding coordinator, making sure the wedding party was where they needed to be and that all of our vendors were set up and ready to go. It was extremely important for us to have a DJ that kept the wedding fun and organized, and Bret went above and beyond. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Emily · Married on 06/10/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Cubbie. His attention to detail, skill at getting the party going and much more was high quality and TOP notch.

Sent on 06/20/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 06/10/2017

We couldn't be more pleased with how Select Entertainment handled our wedding. I have known Andy for a while since I attended trivia events he did around town (he's awesome at that too!) He also did my sister's wedding a few years back so I knew Select was a great organization but they still went above and beyond. He ran our rehearsal for us and asked really great questions to help us think about our big day. His pacing of the party was incredible too. It was a complete blast the entire time and that's because he read the crowd and kept the party moving. Wedding planning can be really difficult as there are so many moving pieces but Select Entertainment was a great mix of fun and professionalism. I could go on and on but my main point is that Select Entertainment played a key role in making this one of the best days of our lives.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2017

Andy from select entertainment was our DJ as well as our Officiant for our wedding. He went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Andy was there if I had any questions about which songs would be best to use, and at what times we should do certain things like cake cutting, games, etc to make everything go as smooth as possible. He has worked with tons of other vendors and was even able to give me tips and recommendations for who to contact for photographers, venues and catering. He was very professional professional during the ceremony and my guests had a blast with him at the reception. Anyone looking to have an awesome time at their wedding check out Andy Powell. Remember the entertainment you choose for your wedding is responsible for 80% of the events success and the memories you will have for the rest of your life.

Sent on 06/09/2017