Select Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 04/01/2022

Fantastic DJ

AMAZING! Not only was Cubbie incredibly helpful during the planning period by sending check in emails, and staying in contact, he made our night unforgettable! He was very accommodating to make our reception ours. He takes his DJ job seriously. He not only played our music but he made sure we ate, and kept everything moving and organized. All for a reasonable price too! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!
  • Allison
    Allison O. Married on 09/26/2021

Out of this world!

Imagine this: a wedding reception where the dance floor is packed the entire night and the amazing songs just don't stop! Well that's exactly what you'll get with Andy, aka Cubbie, and Select Entertainment!
    The very first time my husband and I talked to Andy we knew he was going to be the DJ that would make our wedding reception out of this world amazing. He has this passion for DJing thats infectious.
    From the very beginning it was clear Andy was more than a DJ. He was always there with checklists to keep my planning on schedule, emails full of helpful information regarding planning and details and a sounding board for my crazy ideas. He went above and beyond to make sure our music selections were spot on but also fit my husband and I to a T. And all this was just during the planning process alone! On the day of the wedding not only did he keep our day running smoothly but also made sure we didn't want for a single thing whether that be a drink, a piece of cake, a suggestion to make the day even better, or just reassurance that everything was going perfectly!  And once the dancing started he didn't miss a beat! He read the crowd perfectly and kept the party going the entire night! I couldn't have imagined a better day and it was thanks to Andy! So if you're looking for an attentive, fun, energetic, down to earth DJ then Andy and Select Entertainment is definitely for you!
  • Kacie
    Kacie S. Married on 09/25/2021

Highly recommend!

We hired Andy Powell from Select Entertainment for our wedding on 9/25/21. He was absolutely amazing. He had lots of fun recommendations for things to do during the reception. His communication from the get go was amazing and he helped ease my mind so much leading up to our big day. We had so many people tell us they had never had so much fun at a wedding reception. I honestly can’t say enough amazing things. I would highly highly recommend!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Abigail L. Married on 06/26/2021

Goes above and beyond

Cubbie is amazing. He’s does so much more than just play music. He does it all. He knows how to start and keep the party going. He was super helpful the whole day and made sure it was all perfect. He took all of the stress away from us to make sure we had the best day.
    Amanda M. Married on 06/18/2021

Wedding DJ

Cubbie went above and beyond for us for our ceremony sound and DJing our reception. He helped make the day run more smoothly and is truly a great guy. He brought us drinks while we were waiting between ceremony and reception. He carried our dinner plates and brought us a piece of every kind of cake to our table so that we could try them all. Our friends and family loved the songs played at our reception, and we got lots of compliments on that. It was extremely helpful that you had great ideas for the different songs throughout the day, so I didn't feel like I had to pick them all.
  • Jen
    Jen P. Married on 06/11/2021

Above and Beyond!!

I cannot say enough good things about Andy as our wedding DJ! He went above and beyond for us and is so much more than a DJ (he felt like a wedding planner too)! He helped us come up with a timeline for the day and would send us reminder emails for other planning things we should be doing 3, 2, and 1 month out from the wedding. He worked with us to create song mashups for 3 of our special dances and they were SO awesome! He had lots of great ideas for fun things we could do throughout the night (e.g., a dollar "selfie" competition instead of "dollar dance"). He kept us on track with our timeline, helped make the day run more smoothly, and is just a great guy. He even brought us drinks while we were waiting between ceremony and reception AND carried our dinner plates to our table for us (we felt like royalty)! Our friends and family loved the songs played at our reception, and SO many people still keep telling us how much fun our wedding was! He even bought a bouquet of roses HIMSELF which he then gave to us to give to the winners of the "couples anniversary" dance (SUCH a nice touch)! He had people dancing all night long and played the best music. I cannot recommend DJ Cubbie enough to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa H. Married on 06/05/2021

Best DJ Ever!

I had the best DJ experience by far for my wedding! Cubbie was excellent to work with from the very beginning. He asked questions to get to know my husband and I as well as provided us with numerous ideas to help make decision making much easier. I was able to contact him easily up until my special day with questions. During our reception, Cubbie was very fun and engaging for not only us, but for all our guests. I had numerous friends and family express how much fun he was and his determination to make our reception a night to remember!
  • Mollie
    Mollie S. Married on 05/29/2021

A+ Review for Cubbie

Wow, I can't say enough good things about having Cubbie as our DJ! He made the planning process seamless, helped us come up with a schedule for dances and potential songs (picking songs is harder than you think) and ROCKED the dance floor all night. So many of our guests have made comments that he kept the dance floor going and had a solid mix for all generations. 10/10 recommend.
    Angela W. Married on 02/01/2021

Perfect Wedding. THANKS to Select Entertainment

There are truly no words that can even begin to describe the job Andy did and the experience he created, but I will try my best :)

My husband and I were originally supposed to get married in April, but moved our wedding up to January. Not only did we move it due to COVID, but we wound up getting married in a completely different location, it was a hour away from the original location. We knew that we wanted Andy to still officiate and be the DJ for our wedding. After explaining the situation to Andy, he graciously and excitedly said that he would still be happy to do it (how lucky for us?!).

Andy sent my husband and me a questionnaire to fill out so that he could better understand our relationship and begin to create a story to tell as he officiated our wedding. LET ME TELL YOU...the story he created from these few questions was exactly our story and the way he told it during the ceremony had our guests equally laughing, and crying. Andy, we could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony.

I can’t really describe what happened between the ceremony and the beginning of cocktail hour as we were taking pictures. All I know is that our guests were already having a GREAT time as cocktail hour began once through dinner the dance floor never emptied from that point on. SERIOUSLY, NEVER. We had requested only two songs to play even though we had a laundry list of songs we meant to request but never got around to it. However, it was like Andy had ESP and not only seamlessly included our requested songs but played every song we THOUGHT of requesting. His transitions between different genres and music was amazing. Every single one of our guests raved about how incredible Andy was. If you are looking for a DJ and officiant for your wedding, or any event for that matter, I could not recommend him and his company enough!
  • Kelsi
    Kelsi C. Married on 10/18/2020

Easy To Work With

I hired Andy Powell (Cubbie) from select entertainment and all coordination was very easy and structured, he ensured all items went the way we preferred them to go. He offered suggestions and ideas all along the way without insisting on any, allowing us to discuss new ideas. He kept the reception well structured and well informed.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Cubbie is literally the BEST!

Cubbie kept us informed helped us make decisions and did the best job ever!
    Not only was he our officiant, he made sure we were fed, we had full drinks, and asked often if we were okay or needed anything!
    No way could we have ever found a better DJ
    Kayci W. Married on 09/26/2020

Peace of Mind

11/10 recommend Select Entertainment! What can we say to adequately sum up our experience working with Select Entertainment? Andy (Cubbie) is a true professional and was incredible from start to finish. We booked with him over a year in advance and in that time, we met virtually (thanks COVID) and corresponded via email many times to discuss wedding plans. He was attentive and quick to respond. He really values his clients; he makes that very apparent. Andy's ability to mix music and transition from song to song was commented on all through the night. Music was playing while people ate and mingled which set the mood perfectly. Not only are his DJ skills WAY above par, so is his ability to MC. He introduced our dances, and speeches. He reads the room and feels the crowd. He was accommodating and flexible. Honestly, I don't have enough words to describe how absolutely perfect he made our day. One thing is for sure. A DJ can make or break your wedding. It was an investment and one I am TRULY happy we spent the money on. I could not be more thankful for Andy and how special he made our day. Steve and I can't wait for the next excuse to use him again. Andy Powell, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day so amazing. We are so thankful that amidst all the chaos that this last year has provided with COVID-19 and such, you still were able to make our day exactly what we envisioned. I cannot recommend Andy enough. If you don't use him for your next event, you are truly missing out
    Meridith S. Married on 09/19/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best vendor out of all my vendors!!

Not only was Bret an amazing dj, but also everything you could ask for in a vendor. Getting married during a pandemic is very difficult and he made it breezy. Everytime a something changed in regards to regulations I could always count on a email updating me with changes and recommendations, even if it had nothing to do with DJ services. They were the only vendor to do this, and it made planning so much easier! I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.
  • Leesa
    Leesa T. Married on 09/18/2020

Excellent dj

Andy was EXCELLENT to work with in every stage of our wedding planning process. He was responsive, organized, kind and experienced. It was easy to tell that he loves what he does and truly wants to make sure the customer has the best experience. From the beginning he stood out as a top vendor because he has a well thought out process and timeline to plan for the wedding day. Also, anytime we discussed changes over the phone or email he adjusted our contract timely and sent us the revisions. I quickly began to trust that Andy would do what he said he would do! An important item not to gloss over was that we had to postpone our wedding from our original wedding date in June because of COVID. Andy spent extra time with us as we decided on our new wedding date and helped me feel more relaxed about moving our wedding date.

The planning tools on Andy's website are easy to follow and cover every situation where music or emceeing may be needed for the wedding ceremony and reception. We filled out these planning documents first on our own and then had a meeting with Andy to go through everything in detail to make sure nothing was missed. Andy went above and beyond to work with our best man who could not attend the wedding but still wanted to give a speech. Our best man pre-recorded his speech and then worked with Andy to play the recording at our reception. Another surprise for us was that the matron of honor worked with Andy as well to add some musical elements to her speech.

I was very happy that we chose Andy to be our DJ as we led up to our wedding day. Then on our wedding day he completely BLEW US AWAY! Andy literally treated us like royalty. He managed to dismiss tables for dinner while taking our drink orders, dessert orders and clearing our plates. He took away our worries before we could even think about them. He checked in with us often to see if there was anything we needed.

The music was perfect during each part of our day. We gave him an idea of what we were looking for and then he ran with it. It's funny to me that I barely mentioned the music in this review. I think it is because when you are looking to hire a DJ you expect them to have the song you want to hear and be able to jump from one song to the next smoothly. With Andy you will get that and SO much more.

Andy is professional, fun and experienced. You will not regret having Andy DJ your wedding!! In fact, you will probably have many people ask how they can book Andy for their event. We sure did!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline P. Married on 05/17/2020

Absolutely Incredible Experience

Andy did a phenomenal job for our wedding!! Talk about the world's best wedding maestro! He thought of everything. He made everything run so smoothly, was amazing at keeping people dancing, and did things for us that I didn't anticipate someone who was "just a DJ" to do for us. He truly goes above and beyond. He gave us tips for our officiant, tricks on how to get the best photos, and even asked our attendants to move our cake cutting ceremony so that we wouldn't have our backs to everyone. He dismissed all of our dinner guests for our buffet, and even carried my plate(s) LOL for me. I could not have asked for better in a DJ and you need to RUN not walk to hire him for your event. Worth every single penny! 10 stars out of 5. Absolute perfection.
  • Kara
    Kara K. Married on 05/16/2020

Pandemic Professional

I can't even begin to explain how happy we were with Andy on our wedding day. Due to the restrictions from Covid we were unable to have him DJ at our wedding at the time, but still had him officiate our ceremony. He was phenomenal! Obviously anyone planning a wedding during this time understands the stress and chaos that went into the event, but he was incredibly helpful. His years of experience came in super handy as he had helped with ideas of how to go about our day with all the crazy restrictions that were ever changing. My husband and our guests had nothing but great things to say about the ceremony. He kept it light, happy and better than how i dreamed it being. I would 100% recommend Andy to officiate a ceremony. He was perfect and we can't thank him enough for being apart of our special day.
  • Nate
    Nate G. Married on 11/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely Fabulous - Definitely Recommend!

If you are looking for the best DJ in the Des Moines area you have definitely come to the right place looking into Andy at Select Entertainment. His years of experience made our decision to work with him a no-brainer. He has literally done hundreds of weddings and has so many unique ideas to make your event one to remember. Our reception was a blast! We have had numerous guests comment on what a great time they had and that Andy’s energy really made the dance floor a hit! Five stars, two thumbs up, 10/10, you name it - they get the highest praise from us!
    Dawn Married on 06/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hands down best DJ in town

If anyone is looking for a DJ for an upcoming wedding Andy Powell at Select Entertainment is the man. He provides the whole package from audio for your ceremony, to serving as the MC to keep everything on schedule and then cranking up the fun to make sure that everyone has a great time. He had the dance floor packed the whole night up until time to turn out the lights. Thank you Andy for making the party so much fun.
  • Lisa
    Lisa M. Married on 06/08/2019

Daughters wedding

If you are looking for an absolutely amazing experience with the a DJ, look no further. Andy with select entertainment was amazing. Not only did he play appropriate music, he was also my daughters officiant. We had more compliments on his service all night long and even into the next week about Andy helping them carry their food, Get them a drink, guide them to the restroom, cleaned off the tables, and kept the night going with all the events my daughter had requested. Andy was way more than a DJ as he made the night go smooth, kept this mom calm, and went way above and beyond. My understanding is that this is not something he did for just our daughter but he does for everyone. You will never be disappointed with his services.
    Tori Married on 05/01/2019

Wedding 5/25/19

Andy was hands down amazing! We loved everything he did for us! He made the day go extremely smooth and was more than just a DJ! He was beyond helpful and we were so blessed to have him apart of our day!
  • Jessika
    Jessika W. Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent Officiant/DJ

Bret officiated our small ceremony and he DJ’d our reception. He took so much stress off of coming up with vows and planning our list of music. My husband has quite a bit of social anxiety and Bret was so helpful and down-to-Earth that my husband had a much easier time than both of us had expected, he actually enjoyed himself immensely!

I sent Bret several emails throughout the last few months prior to the wedding and he always responded in a timely manner as well as giving detailed information when necessary. He was flexible when it came to meeting to go over details of the ceremony and reception, and he drove from Ankeny to Marshalltown for the rehearsal.

He told us several times ‘whatever you want, this is YOUR special day’ and he really lived up to that! We wanted a very short and simple ceremony and he made that very painless! We were very thrilled to find a company that had officiants because that was a major concern for us.

I am more than happy to leave this review because the positive reviews of Select Entertainment are the reason we decided to go with them! I would recommend Bret and Select Entertainment over and over again!
    Adam T. Married on 12/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome DJ and an amazing night

We had Cubby DJ our wedding and it was a phenomenal experience! He did a great job playing the music to keep everyone of all ages on the dance floor having a great time! He also does a "Selfie Dance" that is a fun variation of the traditional dollar dance that went over awesome!
    Rachel Married on 11/10/2018

So much fun!!

Andy was the best DJ we could have asked for on our big day! He kept the timeline going and even carried my husband and my food out to the table after we went through the line. He kept everyone out on the dance floor the entire night and made sure our day was everything we dreamed of! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone!
    Katie H. Married on 10/13/2018

Above and beyond!

DJ Cubbie is THE BEST!! My now-husband’s rental tux pants had a broken clasp on the side and his pants would not stay up! Cubbie literally gave him the suspenders off his back! It was the most incredible and thoughtful thing. I was truly awed. He made the whole reception run so smoothly and was even checking in with me to see if I needed anything throughout the night. If I could rate a hundred stars I would!
    Molly G. Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision we had for our wedding-Cubbie is wonderful!!

I can not say enough good things about Cubbie and Select Enterainment. He was amazing to work with and has many creative ideas that really brought our wedding to the next level. He not only DJed our reception but also provided the music and sound to our ceremony in which was all awesome. He helped pick out the songs, coordinated with the wedding party about timing of everything, and really went over and above on his DJ services. He did such a good job that our best friends are using him for their wedding in April and we can’t wait to see what he will do for their wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Cubbie for any event!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message