A repeat winner of the Toast of Nashville’s “Best Places to Get Married” and The Knot’s “Best of Weddings,” Scarritt Bennett Center’s historic campus is among the most picturesque wedding venues in Music City. Scarritt Bennett Center also consistently wins Wedding Wire's Couples' Choice Awards, including in 2017, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Scarritt Bennett Center has three wedding venue options on our historic campus:
- Wightman Chapel: Built in classic gothic cathedral style in 1928, Wightman Chapel is a historical and architectural treasure. The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. preached in Wightman Chapel in April 1957. The Chapel was also featured in “Designed for Worship” (PBS) as one of the finest sacred places in Nashville. Built for acoustics, music soars through its Gothic arches from the organ, vocalists, and instrumental groups. Wightman Chapel seats up to 300 guests and boast an aisle length of 80 feet.
- Skinner Chapel: Scarritt Bennett Center is home to one of Nashville's finest elopement and microwedding venues, Skinner Chapel. You can build a custom ceremony or destination wedding in Skinner Chapel and make your special, intimate day just what you imagined. Lined with wood paneling and stained glass windows, this beautiful, historic chapel seats just 20 guests. That's enough room for you and your partner, your closest friends and family, and your officiant. But don't be fooled by the smaller size—these intimate ceremonies still teem with breathtaking beauty.
- The Labyrinth Garden: The Labyrinth Garden is our beautiful, round garden containing one of only two permanent outdoor prayer labyrinths in Nashville. This garden venue can seat up to 80 guests. Cherry blossoms and dogwood trees burst with color in the spring, ripen to a vibrant summer green, then transform into a rich, multi-colored canopy in the fall. Our historic bell tower creates the perfect, breathtaking architectural backdrop for your garden ceremony, and the space easily converts to an open or tented reception after you say, “I do.”
Catering & Receptions
Looking for a place to host your reception? Under the direction of Executive Chef Jennifer Threadgill, Scarritt Bennett Center offers exceptional catering options for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, wedding brunches, and more. Menus can accommodate brunch, daytime, or evening events. Serving option include plated-and-served for seated meals, buffet for seated or mixed seated/standing, and passed hors d'oeuvres for standing. Orders from our formal catering menu in any of our indoor venue spaces come with the use of Scarritt Bennett Center's linens and serveware. Scarritt Bennett Center is an alcohol-free venue.
Other Services & Amenities
- Pre-wedding suites for getting ready
- Bridal portrait sessions
- Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Bridal and wedding brunches
- On-campus lodging for out-of-town guests
- Guest parking
- Wedding vendor referrals
- Day-of wedding planning services
- Microweddings and elopements
- Vow renewal ceremonies
- On-campus officiant
- All-inclusive packages
At Scarritt Bennett Center, pride ourselves on being an inclusive wedding venue. All couples are welcome here. We are honored you would consider making us part of your special day.
See our wedding packages at https://scarrittbennett.org/weddings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
67 ReviewsWrite a review
48 User photos
21 photos · 12/26/2021
Ellen Coleman graduated from the University of Memphis in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in Art History and has more than five years’ experience coordinating weddings, concerts, and other special events. A native of Memphis, TN, Coleman joined the Scarritt Bennett Center staff in 2021 as the Weddings & Special Events Manager after 15 years working for The Episcopal Church.
As the Weddings & Special Events Manager, Coleman’s role includes weddings management, event inquiries and campus tours, special events management, memorial planning, video and photo shoot management, venue management for special and sacred occasions. While watching Nashville grow over the past five years, Coleman knows that it’s more important than ever to bring warmth, kindness, and radical hospitality to those who seeking a sacred, intentional way to celebrate important occasions. Coleman is passionate about connecting people to one another and helping to bring joy to any event, especially those hosted at Scarritt Bennett Center.
In her free time, Coleman enjoys playing soccer with her nephews, photographing life events for friends and family, and cheering on the Memphis Tigers.
Professional Network & Endorsements7 Endorsements
We simply love working weddings at Scarritt Bennett. The classic architecture is a stunning backdrop for any wedding and the event staff is an absolute joy to work with. We've been working weddings here for years and it continues to be one of our favorite venues!
Elegant, memorable and undeniably unique. Scarritt Bennett's atmosphere and design creates an ambiance that every bride and groom will cherish
We do weddings and events at Scarritt Bennett often. We love Scarritt and everyone that works there. They are a true blessing.
CREATIONS BY DEBBIERating 4.9 out of 5 , 120 Reviews· Wedding Florists (120)
Silver StringsRating 5.0 out of 5 , 68 Reviews· Wedding Musicians (68)
Weddings By RachelRating 5.0 out of 5 , 25 Reviews· Wedding Planners (25)
Velour Premier EventsRating 4.7 out of 5 , 16 Reviews· Wedding Planners (16)
Nashville Photography GroupRating 5.0 out of 5 , 18 Reviews· Wedding Photographers (18)
Wildflowers LLCRating 5.0 out of 5 , 15 Reviews· Wedding Florists (15)
Scarritt Bennett frequently asked questions
What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Scarritt Bennett?
- Bridal Suite
- Clean Up
- Set Up
At Scarritt Bennett, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?
- Cake Cutting
What are the most important characteristics of Scarritt Bennett in terms of venue type, style and location?
- Banquet Hall
- Historic Building
What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Scarritt Bennett for wedding events?
- Covered Outdoor
- Uncovered Outdoor
- Scenic Views
What kind of wedding events does Scarritt Bennett offer?
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
What services does Scarritt Bennett offer for wedding events?
- All Inclusive Packages
- Catering Services
- Clean Up
- Event Planner
- Get Ready Rooms
- Lighting / Sound
- Outside Vendors
- Set Up
What furniture and decorations does Scarritt Bennett have available for wedding events?
What percentage of users recommend Scarritt Bennett and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?